Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when you feel sad?

Asalaam Alaikum,

What advice you give to some whose feel sad because they are stuck in a hopeless situation and see no way out in the near future? You could tell em to be patient but there has to more than that, right? And this has nothing to so with marriage lol. Any advice?

Re: What do you do when you feel sad?

what is the situation about?

Comment

Originally posted by oz99 View Post
      what is the situation about?
      That is not relevant.

Comment

Well in that case, I'm not really sure how I can help you besides to make dua and seek refuge to Allah.

At the end of the day, don't worry about matters out of your control. Do what you can and leave the rest to Allah. It really is as simple as that.

Comment

Oh, the actual thread is asking what I do when I feel sad. Honestly, I'll do some exercise, watch some movies, or play video games. Things that bring me joy and entertainment. :P

Comment

Asalaamu alaikum

مَّ إِنِّي عَبْدُكَ ابْنُ عَبْدِكَ ابْنُ أَمَتِكَ نَاصِيَتِي بِيَدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤكَ أَسْأَلُكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أِوْ أَنْزَلْتَهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِكَ أَوِ اسْتَأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الغَيْبِ عِنْدَكَ أَنْ تَجْعَلَ القُرْآنَ رَبِيعَ قَلْبِي، وَنورَ صَدْرِي وجَلَاءَ حُزْنِي وذَهَابَ هَمِّي

Allaahumma 'innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu 'amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, 'as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammayta bihi nafsaka, 'aw 'anzaltahu fee kitaabika, 'aw 'allamtahu 'ahadan min khalqika, 'awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka, 'an taj'alal-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee

O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave . My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. you have control over me) . Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just . I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with , revealed in Your Book , taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You , to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress

‫اللّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعْوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الهَمِّ وَ الْحُزْنِ، والعًجْزِ والكَسَلِ والبُخْلِ والجُبْنِ، وضَلْعِ الدَّيْنِ وغَلَبَةِ الرِّجال

Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani, wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijaal

O Allah , I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and overpowered by men (i .e . others)
            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Walayk Salam

from personal experience, I would say keep doing what you need to be doing. Sometime in the future Allah SWT will open something and you can seize it. Sometimes the answer is to have sabr.

Do the Quran class/finish education/start getting some skills/learn more, etc. Don't get depressed about it.
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

U know the time ur in right now is probably one of the most character building times of ur life, any sadness any difficult situation it brings out depths of ur character u didn't even know were there - it should motivate u to become the most awesome bro around inshaAllah - I don't even know u and just by some of ur posts I can see there's potential for a lot mashaAllah :up: just don't let Urself feel hopeless or sad and everytime u do - use that feeling to get everytime u do use that feeling to make Urself even better... I read somewhere the other day that whenever u feel alone remind Urself that Allah swt has sent everyone away so it's just u and Him :inlove:

Just like night turns into day every situation never stays the same :)
                ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

:wswrwb:
                  Play with children, they'll make you happy again :) Babies make everything nice!

Comment

Depends what made me sad?

Typical thing I would do is
                    cry
                    Sleep
                    Make dua
                    Go out
                    There is no such thing as an Israel,
                    It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by oz99 View Post
                      Oh, the actual thread is asking what I do when I feel sad. Honestly, I'll do some exercise, watch some movies, or play video games. Things that bring me joy and entertainment. :P
                      That would just make me more depressed. I gave away my PS3 to a friend anyways

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                      Walayk Salam

from personal experience, I would say keep doing what you need to be doing. Sometime in the future Allah SWT will open something and you can seize it. Sometimes the answer is to have sabr.

Do the Quran class/finish education/start getting some skills/learn more, etc. Don't get depressed about it.
                      ok shaykh :jkk:

Originally posted by RaineR View Post
                      Depends what made me sad?

Typical thing I would do is
                      cry
                      Sleep
                      Make dua
                      Go out
                      In that order, or can i shuffle it around a bit?

Comment

:wswrwb: best advices have been given already masha Allah. just ride it out, turn to Allah, trust that Allah has a plan in place for you but you just cant see it yet, trust in Allah and beleive that and insha Allah u will find solace
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Ask Allah to make the difficult easy:

اللَّهُمَّ لا سَهْلَ إلَّا مَا جَعَلْتَهُ سَهْلاً وَ إنْتَ تَحْعَلُ الْحزْنَ إذَا شِئْتَ سَهْلاً
                          Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja'altu sahla, wa 'anta taj-alul hazna idha shi'ta sahla

O Allah! There is nothing easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will
                          [Ibn Hibban]

اللَّهُمَّ ; الْطُفْ بِىْ فِىْ تَيْسِيْرِ ; كُلِّ عَسِيْرٍ فَاِنَّ تَيْسِيْرَ ; كُلِّ عَسِيْرٍ عَلَيْكَ يَسِيْرٌَ
                          Allahumma Tufiltuf bi fi taysiri kulli 'asirin, fainna taysirra kuuli 'asirin 'alaika yassirun

O Allah! Make easy for me every difficult thing, with Your special favour and Kindness, for it is easy for You to make every difficult thing easy

اَللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ عِلْمًا نَافِعًا , وَ رِزْقًا طَيَّبًا , وَ عَمَلاً مُتَقَبَّلاً
                          Allahumma inni as'aluka 'Ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan

O Allah! I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision and deeds that will be accepted.
                          [Ibn Majah and others]

Du'as for anxiety/difficulty

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَ الْحَزَنِ ، وَ الْعَجْزِ وَ الْكَسَلِ ، وَ الْبُخْلِ وَ الْجُبْنِ ، وَ ضَلَعِ الدِّيْنِ وَ غَلَبَةِ الرِّجَالِ
                          Allahumma inni a'udhubika minal hammi wal hazan, wal 'ajzi wal kasal, wal bukhli wal jubn, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir rijaal

O Allah! I seek refuge in You from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and from being overpowered by men (other people)
                          [Sahih al-Bukhari 7:158]

Listen to Surah Ar-Rahman with it's meaning:

Increase doing good deeds, what is possible for you....
                          "Call unto thy Sustainer's path with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and argue with them in the most kindly manner-for, behold, thy Sustainer knows best as to who strays from His path, and best knows He as to who are the right-guided." [Al-Nahl, 16:125]

Comment

Read the quran and pray and make dua

Comment

Listen to Surah Taha by Sheikh Minshaawi, makes all the pain go away...quite literally Subhanallaah :inlove:
                              Laysal khaa'ifu man yabkee wa yamsahu 'ayneyhi...

Comment

Working...
                              X