Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have to cover in front of lesbians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have to cover in front of lesbians?

This is sort-of a sisters only topic, but Im posting it here because not many people seem to be in the sisters-only section and because some brothers might have rulings/hadith etc.

Anyways, do we have to cover in front of lesbians? I have a few gay friends but usually when Im with them we're all in public so Im covered anyways, but next week I have one of those girls only-parties where everyone gets all dressed up etc etc. Two of the women going are lesbians. Do I have to cover at this get-together? (By cover I mean hijab/sleeves/full-length dress/no OTT make-up)?.

What do you all usually do? Any authorities on this?

(Please NO gay-bashing. Dont use offensive terms or use this thread to express negativity towards gay people/women, Im just asking for advice on if I have to cover in front of them.)

Re: Do we have to cover in front of lesbians?

Originally posted by sabrSofia View Post
    This is sort-of a sisters only topic, but Im posting it here because not many people seem to be in the sisters-only section and because some brothers might have rulings/hadith etc.

Anyways, do we have to cover in front of lesbians? I have a few gay friends but usually when Im with them we're all in public so Im covered anyways, but next week I have one of those girls only-parties where everyone gets all dressed up etc etc. Two of the women going are lesbians. Do I have to cover at this get-together? (By cover I mean hijab/sleeves/full-length dress/no OTT make-up)?.

What do you all usually do? Any authorities on this?

(Please NO gay-bashing. Dont use offensive terms or use this thread to express negativity towards gay people/women, Im just asking for advice on if I have to cover in front of them.)
    There probably isn't a ruling on this because i am pretty sure we are not allowed to associate ourselves with such people. Are these lesbians "Muslim"? I have never heard a question like this before...

*waits for others to respond* :1popcorn:

Comment

Are we even allowed to be around people like this?

Comment

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?...=1635&CATE=389
        I found this link which says you should wear hijab in front of all non-Muslim women.
        However I know not everyone agrees with that.
        Just listen to your heart sister.

Comment

^ No they are not Muslim, both are Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
            There probably isn't a ruling on this because i am pretty sure we are not allowed to associate ourselves with such people. Are these lesbians "Muslim"? I have never heard a question like this before...

*waits for others to respond* :1popcorn:
            Sisters only topic !! Get out
            There is no such thing as an Israel,
            It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

^ No they are not Muslim, both are Christian.
              I don't think u should go to that party at all sis
              It is occupied-palestine

Comment

Originally posted by RaineR View Post
                Sisters only topic !! Get out
                How? This is about taking people who are Gay/Lesbians as friends. For the covering up part, there a difference there but, that refers to normal non-Muslim women, not lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                  How? This is about taking people who are Gay/Lesbians as friends. For the covering up part, there a difference there but, that refers to normal non-Muslim women, not lesbians.
                  Ok stay !!
                  It is occupied-palestine

Comment

Originally posted by RaineR View Post
                    Ok stay !!
                    Ok Boss !!

Comment

Well, if Allah (swt) doesn't like certain people (because of their immoral ways. Prophet lot's ummah got 5 azaabs) and you hang around with them / make them friends. Don't you think it would not please Allah subhana wa'ta'aala.
                      Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Ah, its a womens-only party though, and most of the women will be Muslim (we've all known each other awhile). We know these two girls (lesbians) from a mosque actually. They had come once after being invited by a girl from their ISOC and a group of us has kept in touch with them.

From the article Abdez Zaheer posted it looks like head, neck, lower arm and lower leg can be uncovered?

What do other people think? Thanks!

Comment

Ah, its a womens-only party though, and most of the women will be Muslim (we've all known each other awhile). We know these two girls (lesbians) from a mosque actually. They had come once after being invited by a girl from their ISOC and a group of us has kept in touch with them.

From the article Abdez Zaheer posted it looks like head, neck, lower arm and lower leg can be uncovered?

Comment

:salams

You should cover up in front of kaafir women, unless it's a necessity. You don't know who they are going to go around and describe your body to. So, best to keep it covered, esp. around lesbians, since they'd be more inclined to attraction. May Allah guide them.

Also, I honestly think you should stay away from such parties. There's no benefit in them. So, please, try to make an excuse and avoid going to these parties. :insha:
                            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

:wswrwb:

i have asked about this issue before and i was told that you cannnot uncover in front of these kind of women, you cannot mix with them, shake hands with them, or be alone with them. you treat them as if they are men, and you shouldnt be in their company at all. muslims should be careful about the kind of company they keep. this party doesnt sound like the kind of place a muslim woman should be.
                              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Working...
                              X