Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeing Allah(azawajal) in a DREAM.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing Allah(azawajal) in a DREAM.........

salam alaykoum to you all.

in a lecture, the Sheikh brought up seeing Allah in a dream, and TALKING to He

So, im guessing you have to be very pious to see(of course not actually seeing Allah, but you know what i mean) AND talk to Allah

Anyways, the Sheikh was saying how Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal(rahimahulah) saw and spoke to Allah in his dream, and asked Allah about a good deed that is beloved to him.

Allah replied with : reading Quran, and when asked by Imam Ahmad whether or not they should understand the Quran while reading(non Arabic speakers i suppose) Allah told him that its still beloved to him.

***I'm not sure about the authenticity of it, so Allah forgive me if it isn't true.

BUT, im sure the Sheikh wouldn't lie. So, are there any other stories of the very pious scholars of the past like Ibnul Qayyim, Ibn Taymiyah (rahimahulah), etc about talking to Allah in a dream?

:jkk:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14096
    Last edited by MoMo.; 19-04-12, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Re: Seeing Allah(azawajal) in a DREAM.........

regarding the 2nd to last paragraph, i thought shayton can't imitate Allah in a dream, so how did he manage to say 'I am your Lord'??

Comment

Shaytan cannot take the shape of the Prophet saws, but he can say he is Allah and even make light displays. Obviously he cannot really be similar to Allah, but he tries to trick people. This has happened to different people that they see something splendid looking which claims to be Allah but upon questioning it becomes clear it is not Allah, but shaytan and they recognize this if they are learned, or some are misguided by it.
        Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

^

ahh, that makes sense

any stories though?

Comment

Originally posted by Salam94 View Post
            ^

ahh, that makes sense

any stories though?
            in post #2

Some people may imagine that they have seen Allaah when that is not the case, for the Shaytaan may appear to them and make them think that he is their Lord, as it was narrated that he appeared to ‘Abd al-Qaadir al-Jeelaani on a throne above the water, and said, “I am your lord and I have relieved you of obligations.” Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir said: “Shut up, O enemy of Allaah, you are not my Lord, because the commands of my Lord can never be lifted from those who are accountable.” Or words to that effect.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X