• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hijab is Progress, Western Fashion is Regression

.لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: Hijab is Progress, Western Fashion is Regression

MashaaAllah. That's a great answer from her.
    [RIGHT][SIZE=4]فباي الاء ربكما تكذبان[/SIZE][/RIGHT]

Comment

What is equally interesting is the number of women's fashion sites that now are offering scarves worn in different ways as fashion statements.. and this includes as a hijaab.. and this for non muslim women. I think we are finally returning to the era of my mother .. I can remember my mum, aunts, grandmothers all wore a scarf on their head when they left the house.. as did most of the women of their generation in England.
      http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
        ♥ HOW THE EDUCATED PERSONS DESCRIBE THE HIJAAB ♥

Nobel Peace Prize winner "Tawakkul Karman" 'The mother of Yemen's revolution'

When asked about her Hijab by Journalists and how it is not proportionate with her level of intellect and education,

she replied: “Man in early times was almost naked, and as his intellect evolved he started wearing clothes. What I am today and what I’m wearing represents the highest level of thought and civilization that man has achieved, and is not regressive. It’s the removal of clothes again that is regressive back to the ancient times''
        I like the pretty hearts :fairy:

Comment

:salams

More clothes = More modesty = More class. :D
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Masha'Allah
            "O friend, the cloth from which your burial shroud will be cut may have already reached the market and you remain unaware." Imam al-Ghazali R.A.

GOOD MANNERS

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
              ♥ HOW THE EDUCATED PERSONS DESCRIBE THE HIJAAB ♥

Nobel Peace Prize winner "Tawakkul Karman" 'The mother of Yemen's revolution'

When asked about her Hijab by Journalists and how it is not proportionate with her level of intellect and education,

she replied: “Man in early times was almost naked, and as his intellect evolved he started wearing clothes. What I am today and what I’m wearing represents the highest level of thought and civilization that man has achieved, and is not regressive. It’s the removal of clothes again that is regressive back to the ancient times''
              :sub: Truly a statement of Wisdom,

may Allah ta'ala bless the sister in DUnya and Akhira,

ameen.

:jkk:
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
                What is equally interesting is the number of women's fashion sites that now are offering scarves worn in different ways as fashion statements.. and this includes as a hijaab.. and this for non muslim women. I think we are finally returning to the era of my mother .. I can remember my mum, aunts, grandmothers all wore a scarf on their head when they left the house.. as did most of the women of their generation in England.
                Women in Europe almost a century ago use to wear clothes that used to cover every part of their bodies except their faces and arms upto the wrists and feet including the ankles .

I guess the liberal free thinkers there today consider that subjugation .
                Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Assalamo alaikum,

Amazing quote mashaAllah, which make so much sense.

Why and when did the idea come about that the removal of clothes equals a higher intellect?

Comment

^^^

Probably the whole idea of women rights , feminist movements etc were invented by some Men who wanted to exploit Women by making them feel they are liberated if they sleep around without any guilt and shed clothes and feel unashamed about it .

These women donot realize that they are being judged through their bodies and not their intellect .
                    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
                      thats only a fashion statement for this week, next week it will be see-thru blouses

they need something to sell you, they cant sell nudity
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Oh i almost saw her last month for a lecture. But it was completely booked. Best quote ever, better than any lecture
                        My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                        Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

good quote but is there a source for this?

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                          www.QuranicAudio.com
                          www.Quran.com

Comment

People in Islam
                            Week 4-2: Tawakel Karman, Nobel Prize Laureate, Journalist, Revolutionary Politician
                            (Note: I did two this week because I really couldn’t settle between Keith Ellison as a depiction of an American Muslim, or Tawakel Karman as an example of how there is freedom for women in Islam, and how they are becoming a defining force behind the Arab Spring revolutions. They are our mothers, daughters, sisters, and cousins. The reason why we’re here.)
                            Meet the Iron Woman of Yemen. The name isn’t meant as some pseudo-political phrase to boost her ego, Tawakel Karman, in her role as a journalist, activist, and politician of the al-Islah party in Yemen has been relentless in pursuing a fair vision for Yemen and the Muslim world. In her position on the Shura Council of her party while it’s been in opposition since 2005 against President Saleh, she helped lead the protests in Yemen in the same spontaneity that helped other Arab Spring revolutions take flight. In her fights for equality and responsible government, she has brought attention to the high illiteracy rates in Yemen and how the youth needs political parties that cater more to their reality, but the parties themselves need to properly organize, these are some of her biggest priorities given both illiteracy rates and the demographics of Yemen with 46% being estimated as under the age of 15 as of 2007.

As Islam moves into a more globalized and interconnected world, so does Madame Karman:
                            I am a citizen of the world. The Earth is my country, and humanity is my nation.
                            Tawakel Karman represents a future for Islam that listens to its roots in things like Al-Andalus, Medina, the actual role of women in Islam, and knocking down cultural stigmas and economic prejudices all at once.
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

The more I read about this sister, the more i admire her

Juan Cole interviews Noble Peace Prize winner Tawakkul Karman
                              I asked her not only about high politics but about social issues such as the role of women in the revolution and the threat of religious radicalism. I asked each question twice in the beginning, once in Arabic for her and for precision, and then in English for the video. We cut the former in editing; but in any case it gradually became apparent that Ms. Karman understands English well.
                              Ms. Karman is urging the US to sanction President Ali Abdullah Saleh personally to force him completely to relinquish power.
                              After the interview was concluded, Saleh accepted the Gulf Cooperation Council plan for resolving the crisis. He now says, at least, that he has transferred power to his vice president in anticipation of February presidential elections. A national unity cabinet has been formed, mixing Saleh loyalists with pro-change politicians.
                              As I explained yesterday, the Yemeni opposition is generally not satisfied,
                              Karman Interview

دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X