Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is kosher food halal

Salaams

New member here. And I'm accessing these forums on my iPhone.

I've tried to search for this topic on here but without success.

I've always been under the impression that meat from a kosher butcher is ok for Muslims to eat. Is that correct?

JKK

Re: Is kosher food halal

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
    Salaams

I've always been under the impression that meat from a kosher butcher is ok for Muslims to eat. Is that correct?

JKK
    I'm not sure
    But they don't mention the name of Allah when they slaughter the animal so I dont know

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
      Salaams

JKK
      w/salaam,

this might prove useful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...s#Similarities

Comment

From my knowledge, it is better to eat halal food. However, if no halal food is available then you can eat Kosher food. This is because they also slaughter the animal in gods name and we believe in the same god.
        [CENTER]*** :D ***[/CENTER]
        [CENTER]"No tiredness, illness, difficulty, sorrow, harm or sadness afflicts a Muslim, even to a thorn pricking him, without Allah wiping away his errors through it." [Recorded by Bukhari and Muslim, from Abu Sa'id and Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with them)] [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]so smile, it a sunnah[/CENTER]

Comment

salaams to all

heres something on this:

http://www.albalagh.net/halal/kosher_meat.shtml

There are several issues with Kosher:
          1. In Judaism, the rules and methods of slaughtering are not open and published. Unlike in Islam, where any adult sane Muslim can slaughter an animal by following the rules prescribed by Shariah, in Judaism only one kind of Rabbi, known as the Sachet, may slaughter Kosher animals. The Sachet is specially trained for this purpose and no other Jew can slaughter an animal.

Although Jews say that they slaughter in the name of God, we do not know what else they say in Hebrew while slaughtering. Their prayers and methods of slaughtering are in the hands of a few people and are not generally known.

2. The Sachet does not say prayers on all animals he slaughters at a time. Instead, he only says prayers on the first and last animals he slaughters. For example, if a Sachet has to slaughter ten cows, he will only say the prayer on the first and tenth cow while slaughtering, saying nothing on the cows in between.

This method of slaughtering is not similar to the method prescribed by Sharia for Hanafi sect, nor is it similar to the practice of Ahle-kitab at the time of our beloved Prophet Mohammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallum. Meat slaughtered by Ahlekitab was considered halal because of similarity in the slaughtering method and in the Niya at that time.

These are the reasons why most Ulama do not consider Kosher meat halal.

If a Muslim is not in danger of death, he must avoid eating haram food at any cost. If halal meat is not available, one can eat fish or vegetables or can even go to the slaughter house to slaughter an animal himself. There are many halal food stores online who can ship frozen Zabiha meat or Zabiha meat food products overnight. There is no excuse to eat non-zabiha meat or kosher meat in USA.

Zabiha products can easily be found in a big city like New York City. In addition, there are many Muslim-owned restaurants that serve zabiha meat and there is no excuse to eat Kosher.

------------------------------------------------------------------

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=427&CATE=29

Islam prohibits all intoxicants, including alcohols, liquors and wines, whereas Judaism regards alcohol and wines as Kosher. Hence Kosher foods may contain alcohol. If they do, they are haram.
          Gelatin is considered Kosher by many Jews regardless of its source of origin. For Muslims, if gelatin is prepared from swine it is haram. Even if gelatin is prepared from cows that are not Zabiha, many scholars consider it haram.
          Kosher practice does not require Jews to pronounce the name of God on the animals while slaughtering, but Muslims must pronounce the name of ALLAH on all animals while slaughtering.
          There may be other differences between Halal and Kosher that make the Kosher questionable for Muslims to consume.

These differences may seem minor to some. However, indulging in haram is a very serious offense against ALLAH and the punishment may be severe. Consuming alcohol or pork is a clear violation of ALLAH’s commandments and should not be taken lightly. The pronouncement of the name of ALLAH at the time of slaughter is also a major act of worship and obedience. Remembering and pronouncing the name of ALLAH is very dear to Muslims and it is required at the time of slaughter.

And ALLAH, Subhanahu wa ta'ala, knows best.
          jazakallah
          Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
          very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

:wswrwb:

Yes. The food of Jews and Christians is halal for Muslims. (Remember, though, that the Christians of these days eat pork and other meat that isn't slaughtered properly, so I'd say only Kosher food is halal. Be sure that no taxes paid to the kosher food is going to support Israel Insh'Allah).
            [CENTER]Fighting Jihad is an obligation on us. What is this talking of Jihad only being of the nafs?[/CENTER]

Comment

As per this formerly pious jewish lady who became a muslim few years ago, We cannot really eat their meats.
              Her sister in law was telling me this. I had been meaning to ask her to tell us in detail why but I moved out of
              state and never got the chance.

However, I think it is based on atleast 2 reasons :

Their cooked meats may contain wine.

They do pronounce God's name but only at the start of the 1st slaughter and the last.

This is what I remember from a while back so there may well be other reasons.
              46 & 2?

Comment

Thanks for those comments. As usual the Jews have complicated what should be a straight forward sacrifice.

Comment

If there was a way to avoid meats altogether when faced with such a situation, it is better for you.
                  For longer term, it's best to plan to get your meat halal.
                  iSawab App to track your daily deeds, and challenge yourself to do better.
                  [url]http://www.isawab.com/[/url]
                  [url]http://blog.isawab.com/[/url]
                  FREE "Ramadan Tracker" App [url]http://bit.ly/NRMgS7[/url]

Comment

Gelatin is considered Kosher by many Jews regardless of its source of origin. For Muslims, if gelatin is prepared from swine it is haram. Even if gelatin is prepared from cows that are not Zabiha, many scholars consider it haram. ?

Where did he get that? Jews are very much more vigilant with the origin of their meat than unfortunately we are. They won't even drink milk if it not casher, how can they accept gelatin from cows not slaughtered properly? I read the ingredients of their products, ive never found any gelatine
                    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by mgilani View Post
                      As per this formerly pious jewish lady who became a muslim few years ago, We cannot really eat their meats.
                      Her sister in law was telling me this. I had been meaning to ask her to tell us in detail why but I moved out of
                      state and never got the chance.

However, I think it is based on atleast 2 reasons :

Their cooked meats may contain wine.

They do pronounce God's name but only at the start of the 1st slaughter and the last.

This is what I remember from a while back so there may well be other reasons.
                      Was not wine prohibited to the Bani Israel ?
                      Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                      deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
                        It was. However, now, they don't listen to that anymore. I have Chabad Jewish friend (well, she doesn't practice her religion, but she grew up Jewish) and she said that on the Sabbath they drink wine to purify themselves.
                        [CENTER]Fighting Jihad is an obligation on us. What is this talking of Jihad only being of the nafs?[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mu'adh View Post
                          :wswrwb:

Yes. The food of Jews and Christians is halal for Muslims. (Remember, though, that the Christians of these days eat pork and other meat that isn't slaughtered properly, so I'd say only Kosher food is halal. Be sure that no taxes paid to the kosher food is going to support Israel Insh'Allah).
                          good answer
                          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
                            i never heard that before akhi

i know our sharia differs from theirs in some ways
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                              Gelatin is considered Kosher by many Jews regardless of its source of origin. For Muslims, if gelatin is prepared from swine it is haram. Even if gelatin is prepared from cows that are not Zabiha, many scholars consider it haram. ?

Where did he get that? Jews are very much more vigilant with the origin of their meat than unfortunately we are. They won't even drink milk if it not casher, how can they accept gelatin from cows not slaughtered properly? I read the ingredients of their products, ive never found any gelatine
                              i used to work around jews

they are very vigilant about pork and non-kosher meat, and they are also very vigilant about the utensils

now, to be fair, they have conservative, reformed and orthodox, if you are going to eat kosher meat, you have to make sure it is kosher and i believe GLATT kosher is even of higher standards

but to be honest, as a muslim, these days, you should avoid supporting israel (of course virtually everything you buy and your tax dollars supports israel anyway)
                              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X