Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are we too lazy to spell out dua and dhikr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we too lazy to spell out dua and dhikr?

i see this a lot these days

jzk
    ws
    wswrwb
    aoa
    ia

.لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: are we too lazy to spell out dua and dhikr?

:salams

Yes.

:wswrwb:
    [CENTER]Fighting Jihad is an obligation on us. What is this talking of Jihad only being of the nafs?[/CENTER]

Comment

Last time I went to the masjid there was a sign that said something along the lines of "take off your shoes - jzk". I thought it was ironic because I never knew anyone to use that abbreviation that wasn't on ummah forum.
      [CENTER]Fighting Jihad is an obligation on us. What is this talking of Jihad only being of the nafs?[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

jzk
        ws
        wswrwb
        aoa
        ia

AM, I think you're going slightly overboard with this one. There's nothing wrong with using abbreviations :)

As we know, it can be quite difficult to type out quite a few Arabic phrases into English (or possibly another language).
        'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

jzk
          ws
          wswrwb
          aoa
          ia

Akhi I thought we were posting the Arabic text using the shortcuts the Forum provides ...

ie. typing in : JZZK : (without spaces) = :jkk:, which is good ...

If someone just posting abbreviations then that's just pure laziness ...

you'll find this typically among the texting generation, who love using abbreviations, because they cannot be asked to spel out the whole word ...

Laziness? Yes undoubtedly ...

:jkk:
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

We were spoilt by Ummahchat. On there when you type out 'aa' or 'ws', it would automatically convert the shortcut into the full words. I think that would be nice on here too.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

ahh gosh subhanAllah.. inshaAllah i will start typing up the full word inshaAllah and jazakAllah khair
              "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

:salams

I think this is actually quite important cuz when someone types assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, i read it to myself as 'assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh', but if someone types assa wr wb, i read it to myself as 'assa wr wb', I won't look at it and read it to myself as assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh even though I know that's what the person means. If that makes any sense...lol.
                So yeah, write out what you want the other person to say or read when they see your text/email/post inshaAllah
                "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

I do try and always type in full cus I feel guilty if I don't, I think I can be asked to type essays in some replies but can't even be bothered to greet someone proper!
                  http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by RX-78-2
                    some of us use smartphones that is a hassle to type with. Why don't you cut us some slack.
                    Looool if you were using Android or iPhone it would tell us in your post. I'll prove it. Look for my next post in this thread.

Comment

See? Here is a post from my smartphone. Your point is invalid since you don't post from a smartphone :p

Edit: Wait, what? It doesn't do that anymore. Never mind. Forgive me, bro, for making assumptions.

Comment

Assalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I believe that it is beneficial to write out in full and not use abbreviations like swt, saws etc, I remember reading a fatwa on it somewhere, though I must admit that I am sometimes lazy astaghfirullah. These are important phrases to say the least and writing them out in full helps us to remember their meaning. Allah subhanahu wa ta'alaa notes small deeds such as this and it can only be good to accumulate them in our favour. I don't believe there is anything wrong with using the Arabic phrases that are in the Smilie list.
                        Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                          ....it can be quite difficult to type out quite a few Arabic phrases into English (or possibly another language).
                          English phrases into English in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                            AM, I think you're going slightly overboard with this one. There's nothing wrong with using abbreviations :)

As we know, it can be quite difficult to type out quite a few Arabic phrases into English (or possibly another language).
                            i dont believe its overboard, its giving a certain respect to words that have much deeper meaning than any other words we type out

you typed out the word "abbreviations", not much blessing in that

i can only imagine the blessing in typing out the word, Mashaa Allah or the like, calling people to the remembrance of Allah

so much is lost when we start giving the salams with asa, or aoa, and the like

you may as well use 786
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

not only that, what is the precedent we are setting if we allow things to alter during our watch?

if earlier muslims were bent on shortcuts, where would our islam be today?
                              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Working...
                              X