Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm X - Advice to Muslim Women

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Please note: He's not insulting women, read the top rated comment if you don't understand.

Last edited by Perseveranze; 04-04-12, 09:59 PM.
    A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Re: Malcolm X - Advice to Muslim Women

abit harsh but good points none the less.
    painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
      abit harsh but good points none the less.
      I'd say it can apply to both men and women, also worth taking the context of his time into account. Still beneficial today though.

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

but at the end of all that, does johnny get new shoes? obviously the woman has to talk to her husband about stuff she and the kids need....even if he oesnt want to hear it?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
          but at the end of all that, does johnny get new shoes? obviously the woman has to talk to her husband about stuff she and the kids need....even if he oesnt want to hear it?
          He's talking about a problem and giving advise. The problem is when husbands ignore their wives or don't pay attention to them. He's saying the cause is the lack of intellectual dialogue, especially about deen.

So he's advising to read books, and doing other educationally related activities. Which is great advise.

That's all, think you should try to understand. It's not meant as an attack.

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Lol, yeah she does.

But, what was the context of this speech? Who was it aimed at? It does seem sexist, to be honest. There are brothers who are as smart as a rock with intelligence level of "television."
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

another part he mentioned was that emen are different in islam then in christianity. in islam men dont wanna hear about how this woman did this and how much you hate her because this is gheebah while in a kuffar relationship this is really common. sally did such and such now ima do this and that and tell her this and that.then when she meets sally she smiles and talks like nothing every happened.

yeah if i was married to a woman like that ide drop her like its hot.
              painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

i am not taking it as an attack, i am just saying, it is a neccessity for a woman to talk about stuff that her and the kids need.

I dont feel it is very relevant to women nowdays anyway, as we are the ones saying we want to study etc and the men (at least on this forum) are saying no, it is better for you to stay at home and cook and clean, the rewards are greater.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                  Lol, yeah she does.

But, what was the context of this speech? Who was it aimed at? It does seem sexist, to be honest. There are brothers who are as smart as a rock with intelligence level of "television."
                  mirror, to somone who has never been married or been with a woman at all, this dose seem sexist, no doubt.

but once you get married you will see exactly what he is talking about. when he is talking about telivision he is talking about all the gossip. brap pitt did this, and this star did that, this one is going on vacation ect. useless knowledge.

if you wife just talks to you about this stuff bro yu wont find it all that sexist to tell her to be quiet.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

If my wife talks to me about this stuff, then I'm afraid I married the wrong person. Lol. I'd be worried.
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                      I dont feel it is very relevant to women nowdays anyway, as we are the ones saying we want to study etc and the men (at least on this forum) are saying no, it is better for you to stay at home and cook and clean, the rewards are greater.
                      Lol, I hope it wasn't me.

Studying is an obligation on all Muslims.

Comment

none of the women i lnow talk about that stuff tbh...
                        if they di watch eastenders or something hey do it in secret it is something embarassing to admit.
                        Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                        mirror, to somone who has never been married or been with a woman at all, this dose seem sexist, no doubt.

but once you get married you will see exactly what he is talking about. when he is talking about telivision he is talking about all the gossip. brap pitt did this, and this star did that, this one is going on vacation ect. useless knowledge.

if you wife just talks to you about this stuff bro yu wont find it all that sexist to tell her to be quiet.

Comment

He wastalking in the context and in relation to what he may have seen. It seems nowadays a lot brothers are more concerned about whether their wife can cook a biryani like their mum. This is why when I married I looked to see whether my husband was interested in speaking to me about things other than food and his needs.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

considering in many colleges there are more women graduates and over twice as many as men in many places... maybe you should be preaching to the men now.
                            Last edited by Mich; 04-04-12, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I seem to remember a number of threads where people would rather marry girls from back home because they lack education and experience and therefore less problems.... others claim to never want marry a female who is well educated than themselves.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X