Work first, play later or play first work later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work first, play later or play first work later

I always seem to be playing catch up with everything in life. It is getting quiet frustrating. It is not that I have too much on my plate, it is just that I am terrible at managaing my own life. So I observed myself as 3rd person for few days & realize my problem is:

I play first, work later!!
    I know if I change this habit/mentality I will be at ease but I am not sure if I want to change. I enjoy the fact that I am working only because I am bored of playing. But I pay the price of last minute stress. Which do you follow?

I don't mean work as in pay job only, but as in study or your prayers or your cooking/cleaning. Anything you have to do.

Re: Work first, play later or play first work later

:salams

What do you mean "play"? Do you mean just be unproductive or play games? :scratch:

Khair, whatever the case, you really shouldn't play with salah.

You should try to get away from the place where you are compelled to not do your work or have someone to keep bugging you to stop wasting time and focus on your work :insha:
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Work first, play later. Play is no fun when you have lots of work stress on your mind.

Comment

My family members have the same problem. It infuriates me.

I'm the kind of person that will work like crazy - will not even pause to take a break. By telling myself that, the quicker you can get this done the quicker you can go and 'play'.

What also helps is that I'm the kind of person who will not relax/have fun unless I've cleared all my chores...so I cant even 'play' even if I wanted to, cos whilst I'm 'playing' the dishes, my reports, errands etc etc will be on my mind.
        https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
          Work first, play later. Play is no fun when you have lots of work stress on your mind.
          same

i also find it annoying when people are the other way round
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

work first otherwise you never get it done.
            painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

I find it sad that we spend more time at our place of work, then at home with our families. Would love to work from home. One day maybe in'sha'Allah
              SPREAD OF EVIL
              ZIONISM
              BOLLYWOOD

Comment

I don't get stressed out by all the "Work" i have yet to do. It doesn't even cross my mind until I have to start. So "play" first is not difficult to do for me to do.

Another thing I have noticed on people who "work hard so they can play later" they seem more stressed out. Since I work only after I am bored of wasting time, work doesn't seem stressful until the last minute when I realize I am behind. But it will be nice if I am bit more prpared instead of always playing catch up. I can't even get myself to be motivated to do something unless deadline is beating over me

Comment

You need to work hard to play hard

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                  www.QuranicAudio.com
                  www.Quran.com

Comment

Perhaps you ought to value your time more and realise that every moment that passes will never return and with every exhale and inhale you become closer to dying and meeting Allah swt azza wa jall.
                    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                      Perhaps you ought to value your time more and realise that every moment that passes will never return and with every exhale and inhale you become closer to dying and meeting Allah swt azza wa jall.
                      I tried doing that but it conflicted with me valuing my body and my heart. The 2nd part, knowing every inhalation brings me closer to death makes me want to be even less productive. Example, I have to study or cook but my body doesn't want to do anything but sit or sleep. Now I am in conflict between valuing my time because if I don't do it now, I will be stressing later or valuing my body whihc says screw everything and relax. And if I think along your line my body will say "relax now, u might not be alive in 2 hours so why bother being productive".

u know??

Comment

Sometimes the immediate gains and benefits of a particular item of 'work' can't be seen. And that's what causes one to feel lazy in actually doing that 'work.'

That's why it's good to have short term and long term goals, in order to keep one motivated to reach these benchmarks and targets.
                        The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
                        Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X