X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys stop an argument from escalating? It can get a bit angry

Salaam.

Please help.
    And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Re: How do you guys stop an argument from escalating? It can get a bit angry

by walking away.
    painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

If it is something that must be solved, i lower my voice, watch the ground and pretend to ponder (so to seem very passive and critically thinking) and then try to show what eveidence i have to insert my will, i also try to criticize myself and then tip the scale to my opponent then tip it back to my favour by adding what really makes my idea better, works so many times :D when i have the evidence.

If unecessary i walk away.
      And he is the son of Ithel Goch ap Cynwrig ap Iorwerth Ddu ap Cynwrig Ddewis Herod ap Cywryd!

Comment

:salams

do dua in ur heart to ALLAH :swt: to resolve it
        I think theres a dua to read in a fight :scratch:
        7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
        Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

If it is between you and someone, walk away.

If it is between someone else, then make them walk away.
          This is the best way.

Of course, don't stop the du'as.
          Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
          فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

knock em out stone-cold **outta**

jokezz
            Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

one effective way is just to let them talk it out, let them blow off steam and calm down, then once calmed down start over fresh.
              Abu Saalehah

OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

Comment

just keep silent while some clown has a rant, then just avoid that person and keep a nice distance
                Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children...

-Quran (57:20)

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                  Salaam.

Please help.
                  In your mind, constantly keep asking yourself "what is the purpose of this discussion" and think of the answer to that question while the discussion is going on. It can help to stay on track, calm people down, and get a solution.

Comment

Jazakhallah khair. :)
                    And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X