Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to achieve tranquility of the heart?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to achieve tranquility of the heart?

Sadaqah. You feel unrest because your heart is attached with the dunya. Release the attachment by giving charity.
    ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

this is the hardest question of all that you have posted. i come across this many of times. i guess the easier answer lies within. restlessness is caused due to three things - you have bad intentions, environment is not conducive or that your luck is not with you. in all conditions, you need to believe that you are a creation of the lord. that is it. some are created great and some are created lesser. i like the surah asar - it stated time . it states that man is at loss. and this is a time field. passing away of moments. nothing more. and why should it be. the end is the ultimate reward. my recommendation is to read surah assar.

Comment

There is in a Hadith, where Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) advised his cousin, Ibn Abbas, telling him respect Allah and you will find him before you.

This is a reminder of another topic:

The goal of Islam is that you become one day like the prophets, flying in the air, walking on water, visiting the heavens as you like, saying "be" to a thing and it will be, etc...because the prophets used to do that. Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) said "the Ulama are the inheritors of the prophets".

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) defeated the 3 times greater in number unbelievers at Badr, cleaved the moon in 2, did the Isra and Mi'raj, had rain to happen immediately as he raised his hands to pray for it, had clouds go away from drowning Madina with gestures of his finger...

Abu Bakr believed absolutely everything Muhammad said so that he was called As Siddiq (The Truthful)

Umar had 3 suggestions he gave Muhammad. After he gave them, Allah sent revelations to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) agreeing with those suggestions of Umar. Those suggestions were the killing of the captives at Badr, the Hijab, and not praying over the dead hypocrites.

Uthman recited the Qur'an every night in Witr.

Ali is the father of the grandsons of Muhammad, so that all these descendants of Muhammad are descendants of Ali, the lion of Islam.

Ali defeated all whom he fought, even some known for their strength in battle.

Ibn Awf would lift rocks and find gold beneath it.

The camel of Muhammad walked and walked until it stopped at the house of Abu Ayyub Al Ansari.

Abu Said Al Khudri was thinking within himself of what Muhammad was saying, then Muhammad called out to him suddenly, as if aware of that.

Khalid achieved miraculous victory for the Muslims at a battle where they faced heavy odds and suffered great losses.

Jafar Sadiq (as) once said "O Allah I have no mantle"; then from the sky came a complete wear.

Hasan Basri, wanting to show to someone that fire is not to be worshipped, put his hand inside fire, then took it out without nothing having happened to it.

Malik Deenar was at sea, accused of not paying in the boat he was in. Fishes came out of the sea each holding a golden coin in its mouth for him to take one and to pay.

Habib Ajami said to his family he would receive salary in 10 days. He did worship only during these 10 days, where no one saw him. 10 days later 4 angels came to his family in the forms of human beings, carrying containers of oil, honey, wheat and a killed goat (singular of sheep); saying "tell Habib to work more, and we'll pay him more."

Utba Ghulam walked on a river before Hasan Basri.

Imam Jazuli of Morocco was unburied decades after his death only to be found in the same physical condition he was the day he died.

Ibn Arabi's Seals of Wisdom and other of his writings are obviously divinely inspired; revealed to him, to his heart; not something learnt in a university or from lectures of a Shaykh.

Haji Umar Futiyu (19th century) of Senegal was fighting the French and others; when forces were closing down on him, he entered a cave and disappeared (like Ibn Maryam who suddeny disappeared), never to be found again.

This is the goal of Islam. One must become like the prophets, flying in the air, walking on water, visiting the heavens, saying "be" to a thing and it will be, etc...He becomes a saint of Islam. To be able to do that, he must seek a saint of Islam and be guided by him. There are saints of Islam at every century. They are constantly in the close circle of Allah Azza Wa Jall and His beloved Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). Their guidance is pray and pray all night, fast with your utmost power in Ramadan, do good to all, be full of love for Allah and the beloved of Allah (peace be upon him and his family) and full of love for the family of Muhammad, pray on Muhammad ceaselessly, do Zikr, be honest, be pure, respect women, never be of those who sin, never sin.... Once you do all this, endless knowledge will be given to you. You will become a saint of Islam, you will be admitted in the close circle of Allah and His beloved, you will fly in the air, walk on water, visit th heavens a you like, say "be" to anything and it will be, etc....

As such, anything other than such Islam is a waste of time yielding terrible calamities in this world and the everlasting punishment of the next world.

Comment

make dua in tajjahud (before fajr) or constantly. Ask for tranquility in the heart, yaqeen and ihsaan. Perhaps also ask Allah to help you produce tears during your remembrance of him. Also ask that Allah diverts evils from you and also diverts you from evils.

note-
          .4 greatest women in Islam had yaqeen and ihsaan
          .making dua during tahhajud is like shooting an arrow that doesn't miss
          .To get the easiness/oppurtunity to get up in tahhajud you must be fairly good during the day until you sleep. Also helps to sleep in a state of wudu

Comment

Superb...............amazing interesting thread.....

Comment

Maasha Allah, excellent reminders that speak to my current situation. Jazkallah khair sister.
              ┳┻|
              ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
              ┳┻|⊂ノ
              ┻┳|
              :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.
                ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Need this every now and again to paint a blank canvas with colour again
                  ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                  "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                  :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
                    Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.
                    ok, and that is impossible.
                    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

• Re: How to achieve tranquility of the heart?

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                      ok, and that is impossible.
                      why
                      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                        why
                        Bcuz we're not robots.

Firstly control is the wrong word to use because as humans, we are by nature emotional and our emotions are controlled by our environment and those that we react with. We will react to everyone differently. You can control what you'd like the world to see but you can not control your emotion towards someone/something.

Comment

Hmmm I don't know

I used to be the worlds most emotional person and would refuse to control my emotions for the sake of being 'true to myself'. I don't agree with that anymore, if you allow your head to override your heart then it just about becomes possible to control them.

Comment

Hmmm I don't know

I used to be the worlds most emotional person and would refuse to control my emotions for the sake of being 'true to myself'. I don't agree with that anymore, if you allow your head to override your heart then it just about becomes possible to control them.
                            Certainly. There is difference between emotionally strong and emotionally weak. It is not about how emotional you are given that emotions are inevitable, rather, how you channel or control your emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                              Certainly. There is difference between emotionally strong and emotionally weak. It is not about how emotional you are given that emotions are inevitable, rather, how you channel or control your emotion.
                              So then by that it means that we choose not to allow another person to influence our emotions.

Comment

So then by that it means that we choose not to allow another person to influence our emotions.
                                Basically.

Comment

Working...
                                X