Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to achieve tranquility of the heart?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to achieve tranquility of the heart?

If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart.
    @Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
      Asalaamu alaikum

Theres 20 parts which I'll post overtime inshaAllah - but soooooooo worth the read, like it's amazing how just a few words can impact your heart so much mashaAllah tabarakAllah :inlove:

Part 1 :love:

Sometimes it feels like it’s just too much – these fluctuations in our iman, the repeated sinning, the feeling that “I just don’t deserve Allah’s mercy.” The tests always feel like punishments. There is a constant worry about the future: my marriage, my money, my career, my Ummah… And some difficulties just feel like they are too great to overcome. We know we’re not supposed to ask this, but the question at the back of our minds is, “Why me?”

We have all heard that we should never despair of Allah’s Mercy. And on the surface, we try not to, but Shaytaan (the Devil) has a trick. We tend to despair of ourselves and our incapacity to change things, especially the inner turmoil that we feel. And the effect of this is basically the same as despairing of Allah’s mercy. We do not always accept that Allah can take us out of the situation we are in and we don’t need to ‘deserve’ the trouble; Allah isn’t punishing us and we don’t need to be perfect.

This doesn’t mean, however, that we shouldn’t strive, or take ourselves to account when we do mess up. The key is to develop our relationship with Allah during that trouble. If we know Allah, no situation is too hopeless. No sadness is ever permanent. We perceive trials as they are meant to be perceived – as tests of our trust in Allah, forcing us to put our knowledge into practice and bringing us closer to Him. These trials could potentially be a punishment too, that is if we let it affect us negatively by completely turning away from Him because of our sadness. But our awareness of our own state and our understanding of Allah’s Mercy allows us to turn the punishment into something positive that is manifested through repentance to Allah, alongside increasing in hasanat (good deeds) in order to erase the bad deeds.

The first exercise is for us to consciously realize that Allah knows. Whatever grief we go through, whatever hardship we endure, we must understand that we are never alone. Even if we feel abandoned by the world and those closest to us, Allah is there. He reminds us in the Qur’an,

“Fear not. Indeed, I am with you [both]; I hear and I see.” (20:46)

As long as we begin by recognizing that Allah is with us and He is close to us, there remains a solution to our inner worries. There are things we need to know in order to develop our relationship with Allah. Then there are things we need to do in order to maintain that closeness to Allah. And finally, there are things we need to aspire for to achieve the ideal relationship with our Lord. We pray that by the end of the series, we will all have developed a stronger relationship with Allah.
      I will never get tired of reading these reminders over and over again - they boost my imaan at a time where it's low. Beautiful - our Rabb is so merciful.

:jkk: for posting these - may you be rewarded multiple fold for every good deed that any person does as a result of these reminders AMEEN!
      My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
      As You have sanctified Your house,
      Make my heart as protected and as honoured
      In which permission of entry
      Is only granted to a few,
      Please Allah, allow my heart
      To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
      when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
      In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

The way an infant gets comfort from the mother's voice, the same way we get tranquility of the heart from the recitation of the holy Quran. It does not matter if we understand Arabic or not.

Comment

:jkk: comforting words :love:

Have you ever had that feeling of anxiety in your heart? What if it doesn’t work out? What if you never get over it? The truth is, we have all felt this way at some point in our lives. Sometimes, the uncertainty is just too much to bear, or the hardship of a moment prevents us from seeing any light at the end of the tunnel. At times we desperately want some kind of medicine, a pill perhaps, to miraculously take these worries away.

But we do have that. This pill is called tawakkul. Like any pill, it’s sometimes hard to swallow. There are moments when we wonder whether this medicine even works, or if it is just some tool to make us simply believe we can be better. But Allah, the One – the only One – in control of this universe has said:

“…And whoever relies upon Allah – then He is sufficient for him.” (Qur’an, 65:3)

So what does it mean to rely on Allah; to have tawakkul in Him?

It means to be firm in your heart. Ibn Ata’illah stated:

“Relieve yourself of worry after you have planned; do not concern yourself with what Allah has undertaken on your behalf.”

Needed this!
          My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
          As You have sanctified Your house,
          Make my heart as protected and as honoured
          In which permission of entry
          Is only granted to a few,
          Please Allah, allow my heart
          To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
          when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
          In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Alicia: How big is the universe?
            Nash: Infinite.
            Alicia: How do you know?
            Nash: I know because all the data indicates it's infinite.
            Alicia: But it hasn't been proven yet.
            Nash: No.
            Alicia: You haven't seen it.
            Nash: No.
            Alicia: How do you know for sure?
            Nash: I don't, I just believe it.
            Alicia: It's the same with love I guess.

Comment

Jazakallah.. Thanks For Sharing,, May Allah Bless You.

Comment

tt
                Last edited by Muslim150; 19-07-15, 11:50 AM.

Comment

tt
                  Last edited by Muslim150; 19-07-15, 11:50 AM.

Comment

The goal of Islam is that you become one day like the prophets, flying in the air, walking on water, visiting the heavens as you like, saying "be" to a thing and it will be, etc...because the prophets used to do that. Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) did say "the Ulama are the inheritors of the prophets".

This goal is reached thanks to a special knowledge not found in books, being greater and also endless, and achieved after due righteousness and good pleasure of Allah Azza Wa Jall and His beloved, peace be upon him and his family.

ABu Huraira talked of this special knowledge saying he kept it to himself, while the other regular knowledge he gave to the people.

Those who possess such knowlegde are known as the saints of Islam. There are some of them at each century. People are ordered to seek them and be guided by them because they perfectly understand the Qur'an and the Hadiths while regular scholars do not. These saints of Islam are sought by people who become their followers. The saint tells you to pray, to pray at night, to fast Ramadan and the 2 months before, to do Zikr, to pray on Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) frequently, to be good and kind to all people, etc... They insist on love as the QUr'an says: follow the way of those who come to Me in love.

It is forbidden, so it has been by great scholars for centuries; to read the QUr'an and the Hadiths by one's own and understand it by oneself. One must rather be guided by a saint of Islam. He explains to you what the Qur'an and the Hadiths mean, because he knows their meanings thanks to his special and also endless knowledge and his being constantly in the intimacy and the presence and the company of Allah and His beloved, peace be upon him and his family.

WHen you obey them and be guided by them, and follow them, you will also become one day a saint of Islam, flying in the air, walking on water, visiting the heavens as you like, saying "be to a thing and it will be", etc.

The saints of Islam are mentioned in the Qur'an:

"Verily on the Friends of Allah there is no fear nor shall they grieve".

Comment

Imam Shafi as a child threw his prayer rug on the river, stood on it and talking to the Christians who came to debate Harun Ar Rashid, "come here and we'll debate".

Ibn Rawaha had poetry which Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) liked, part of which was "and among us is the Messenger of Allah who recites his book when dawn..."

Umar sent a letter to the Nile and the Nile started to flow again.

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) split the moon in 2 before unbelievers.

Abu Abdallah Jala visited the tomb of Muhammad in Madina, while being very hungry. He fell asleep, Muhammad gave him bread, he ate half of it in the dream, and when he awoke he was holding the other half in his hand.

Ibn Arabi said of the three miracles Khidr did in front of him was flying in the air.

Comment

The goal of Islam is that you become one day like the prophets, flying in the air, walking on water, visiting the heavens as you like, saying "be" to a thing and it will be, etc...because the prophets used to do that. Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) said "the Ulama are the inheritors of the prophets".

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) defeated the 3 times greater in number unbelievers at Badr, cleaved the moon in 2, did the Isra and Mi'raj, had rain to happen immediately as he raised his hands to pray for it, had clouds go away from drowning Madina with gestures of his finger...

Abu Bakr believed absolutely everything Muhammad said so that he was called As Siddiq (The Truthful)

Umar had 3 suggestions he gave Muhammad. After he gave them, Allah sent revelations to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) agreeing with those suggestions of Umar. Those suggestions were the killing of the captives at Badr, the Hijab, and not praying over the dead hypocrites.

Uthman recited the Qur'an every night in Witr.

Ali is the father of the grandsons of Muhammad, so that all these descendants of Muhammad are descendants of Ali, the lion of Islam.

Ali defeated all whom he fought, even some known for their strength in battle.

Ibn Awf would lift rocks and find gold beneath it.

The camel of Muhammad walked and walked until it stopped at the house of Abu Ayyub Al Ansari.

Abu Said Al Khudri was thinking within himself of what Muhammad was saying, then Muhammad called out to him suddenly, as if aware of that.

Khalid achieved miraculous victory for the Muslims at a battle where they faced heavy odds and suffered great losses.

Jafar Sadiq (as) once said "O Allah I have no mantle"; then from the sky came a complete wear.

Hasan Basri, wanting to show to someone that fire is not to be worshipped, put his hand inside fire, then took it out without nothing having happened to it.

Malik Deenar was at sea, accused of not paying in the boat he was in. Fishes came out of the sea each holding a golden coin in its mouth for him to take one and to pay.

Habib Ajami said to his family he would receive salary in 10 days. He did worship only during these 10 days, where no one saw him. 10 days later 4 angels came to his family in the forms of human beings, carrying containers of oil, honey, wheat and a killed goat (singular of sheep); saying "tell Habib to work more, and we'll pay him more."

Utba Ghulam walked on a river before Hasan Basri.

Imam Jazuli of Morocco was unburied decades after his death only to be found in the same physical condition he was the day he died.

Ibn Arabi's Seals of Wisdom and other of his writings are obviously divinely inspired; revealed to him, to his heart; not something learnt in a university or from lectures of a Shaykh.

Haji Umar Futiyu (19th century) of Senegal was fighting the French and others; when forces were closing down on him, he entered a cave and disappeared (like Ibn Maryam who suddeny disappeared), never to be found again.

This is the goal of Islam. One must become like the prophets, flying in the air, walking on water, visiting the heavens, saying "be" to a thing and it will be, etc...He becomes a saint of Islam. To be able to do that, he must seek a saint of Islam and be guided by him. There are saints of Islam at every century. They are constantly in the close circle of Allah Azza Wa Jall and His beloved Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). Their guidance is pray and pray all night, fast with your utmost power in Ramadan, do good to all, be full of love for Allah and the beloved of Allah (peace be upon him and his family) and full of love for the family of Muhammad, pray on Muhammad ceaselessly, do Zikr, be honest, be pure, respect women, never be of those who sin, never sin.... Once you do all this, endless knowledge will be given to you. You will become a saint of Islam, you will be admitted in the close circle of Allah and His beloved, you will fly in the air, walk on water, visit th heavens a you like, say "be" to anything and it will be, etc....

As such, anything other than such Islam is a waste of time yielding terrible calamities in this world and the everlasting punishment of the next world.

Comment

Lots of books with Islamic knowledge, general topics and lots of stuff for every age of muslims at here Dawat-e-Islami.net
                          Working as Product Owner & Digital Marketer

Comment

Alhamdulillah. You just share informative and useful post. I here just say thanks.
                            Click here

Comment

You should recite quran for double the reward
                              You should not listen to music

Comment

Really a wonderful thread. I think that prayer is the best way to achieve the tranquility of the heart. I know of an Islamic app called Muslim Mate which includes tools that can help you establish Salah as well as perform Dhikr using Tasbih. You can download the app at the iTunes Store.
                                Muslim Mate (Ignite Your Faith!)
                                Website: http://www.muslimmateapp.com/; iTunes Store: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/app/mus...2405?ls=1&mt=8
                                Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MuslimMate; Twitter: https://twitter.com/muslimmate

Comment

Working...
                                X