Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Islam and martial arts

My mum teaches me MMA at home,
    and how to sling a boomerang with chappal.. I think im fully qualified by now. :D

Comment

Originally posted by plumberbrea View Post
      I am an Indonesian muslim and I know for sure that Silat predates any religion in Indonesia. It's not belong to single religion. Even here in Indonesia we never said it muslim MA.
      How would that be when Humanity does not predate Islam?
      To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
      Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
      Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
      - AbuM

Comment

martial arts anaheim

Comment

i have always liked thai-boxing

Comment

You have to be careful because some styles of martial arts have something to do with jinns!
            Actually its the chi ones.. there is a whole website about someone who has gone through it http://www.dangerofchi.org/
            O you who have believed, if you obey those who disbelieve, they will turn you back on your heels, and you will [then] become losers.

Comment

I remember I went to a conference and on the program I was looking forward to a talk soooo much titled "Martial Arts", when I got there I found out I had misread the leaflet and it was "Marital Arts" lol

Comment

I am in a Kung fu school, and I have been training with the same teacher for over 4 years. I am now a close student to the teacher which means he teaches me more of the style and chinese medicine. In my position I must help the school grow by trying to get more people at the school. My intention is to get the people in the school so they can learn self defense.

Best Paddle Board

Comment

Rasulullah :saw: said, "the strong believer is more beloved in the sight of Allah than the weak believer, but in both of them is khair."

A Muslim man should be physically fit and prepared to defend his deen, his wealth or his life. And for every matter, there is preparation.

To that effect, I recently started studying Muay Thai and also a little BJJ on the side. I encourage everyone to do the same.
                  Imam AbdulLatif ibn AbdurRahman rahimullah said, "It is not possible for someone to realize Tawheed and act upon it, and yet not be hostile against the mushrikeen. So anyone who isn't hostile against the mushrikeen, then it can't be said that he acts upon Tawheed, nor that he realizes it." [ad-Durar as-Saniyyah 8/167]

Comment

I think every muslim should practice some martial art for self defense. You never know when someone wants to attack you out of having a hijab or a beard and it is most useful if you could defend against knives and fists...

They don't have any classes here. Or actually they do, but they have mixed men and women, and that causes a lot of problem. They say that "a woman will not only be attacked by women but by men too so there's no point in teaching women only". So instead of having classes for women and concentrating on how women should eh..shock their opponent and RUN AWAY ( I don't know any woman who would have physically beaten a man - mostly they seem to just kick nuts and run away) they force women to get molested on sight. Another point that I asked from the teachers was that men won't hit/attack women unless they have hate for women in general. Men want to be "gentlemen". I noticed this when I went to karate lessons. It was impossible trying to do ANYTHING because the boys WOULDNT HIT. How can you learn to block an attack if it comes in a speed of a snail? YOU DONT. So I ended up always practicing with my sister, and we beat the *piiip* out of each other every day anyway. So I had to stop the karate. I felt sorry for it but didn't have a choice - my age group was getting too old.

I'd like to participate in kick-boxing, but they FORCE women to wear shorts...so lol, no.

When I do find something that concentrates on using the strong points in women and not the weak points I'll go running participate!
                    6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

I dislocated my elbow. Will BJJ increase my chances of injury?

Comment

When studying a martial art (and I loved martial arts) be aware of teh religious sybolism that it entails.

My current stance is that dont send your kids to do martial arts where bowing is involved (which is a lot of them) we can only prostrate to allah swt.

The bowing to the senseii etc is wrong from what I understand.

and Allah knows best

Comment

Originally posted by ibnFalaax View Post
                          Rasulullah :saw: said, "the strong believer is more beloved in the sight of Allah than the weak believer, but in both of them is khair."

A Muslim man should be physically fit and prepared to defend his deen, his wealth or his life. And for every matter, there is preparation.

To that effect, I recently started studying Muay Thai and also a little BJJ on the side. I encourage everyone to do the same.
                          Not only that, I think all Muslims should be able to defend themselves, particularly when racism and bigotry towards Muslims is at an all time high. You should also hit the gym.

Get stronger and biger + do martial arts = you will likely to be stronger than the average joe on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalikatu View Post
                            I think every muslim should practice some martial art for self defense. You never know when someone wants to attack you out of having a hijab or a beard and it is most useful if you could defend against knives and fists...!
                            If you see a knife, the best defence is to run.

Trying to disarm a knife weilding nutter is suicide.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X