X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burkini rant

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
    :salams

The reason they cost more than a regular swimsuit is based on the fact that there is more fabric required (regular suit uses about 1/2 to 3/4 yard and Muslimah suit about 2-1/2 to 3 yards) and also they are usually sewn from specialty fabric that dries faster and doesn't cling as much, which is also more expensive than regular suit fabric. There is oftentimes more detail required when sewing the Muslimah suit, such as zippers and snaps, which also requires more labor. As others have said, check Ebay, Amazon, and other online shops. You can probably find a better price.
    Seems fair, but they should do something for women only swimming-pool, these are meant for regular beaches. I dont need to cover my arms or neck and hair and feet.
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous_mehip View Post
      :jkk: I don't follow hanafi madhab though
      That's ok. Follow the ruling of your school of thought. I was just backing up what I said.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

$80-150 IS a lot for a 'burkini' [unless of course it's 'branded']

massilia, just save your money. buy swim tights and shirt and swim merrily!

Comment

a 'burkini' doesn't restrict your movement or hinders others' performance in the pool so it's fine. it's just clingy tights and top sewn together, sometimes it comes with a li'l skirt or a tunic style top
          Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
          :wswrwb: i dont think u would be allowed in a swimming pool with cargo pants on, unless u were doing ur lifesavers badge or something. some swimming pools wont even let men in with long shorts to swim, im not sure if a woman would be allowed in a "burkini" which is such a dumb name btw, is that what muslims call it ? or just the press ?
          it's what western media call modest swimwear so no surprises there

Comment

you can just buy a regular swimsuit and buy those special leggings you get to wear under it covering your legs?
            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

If its all all women swimming sessions, a swimsuit with a baggy tshirt/ leggings and swimcap is fine? Perhaps the organisation is stricter on the women being properly covered because out of the women hours it is a mixed pool and they may have CCTV etc?
              What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
              Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
              Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
              but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
              but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
              We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
              freedom from slavery to other than the One,
              Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
              and a horizon that extends to the next life,
              Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

someone i know has designed n sells some of these its quite cheap compared to most - forty quid i think
                http://www.aquaini.co.uk/
                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X