Burkini rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burkini rant

I finally found a swimming pool having specific hours for women only. BUT, the swimwear Im supposed to wear costs like 80 to 150 dollars? It's insane, I could get a haute couture Dior swimwear at that price seriously.
    How come it costs that much?
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Re: Burkini rant

because its trendy?

btw it still dosent cover the awrah.
    painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
      because its trendy?

btw it still dosent cover the awrah.
      It covers the chest till the knee it is enough from what I gathered? I dont need to cover from hair to toe between women.

Unless you mean the Dior swimwear doesn't cover enough which is obvious. I just wanted to emphasize the ridicule price. 150 to look ridiculous is a lot. Trendy is when it is nice.
      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

well its a swimsuit. when you get out of the water its like wearing cling wrap.
        the awrah is exposed because it sticks to your skin, there is no way to avoid this. the shape of the body is exposed.

i mean trendy because they know muslims will buy anything that has "islam"attached to it no matter what the price because the majority of muslims have taken to showing their faith via outward appearances instead of inner purification.
        painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

well its a swimsuit. when you get out of the water its like wearing cling wrap.
          the awrah is exposed because it sticks to your skin, there is no way to avoid this. the shape of the body is exposed.

i mean trendy because they know muslims will buy anything that has "islam"attached to it no matter what the price because the majority of muslims have taken to showing their faith via outward appearances instead of inner purification.
          does it really matter when you're infront of other women?

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
          www.QuranicAudio.com
          www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
            does it really matter when you're infront of other women?
            from a shariah point of view i dont know.

but just from my own point of view, i dont like being around the awrah of other men. i would assume women are the same.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Comment

:salams

According to Hanafi fiqh, a woman has to cover everything except face and hands even in front of non-Muslim women.

Maybe, you can try something baggy, like cargo pants. The won't stick and won't reveal the shape of the body.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                  I finally found a swimming pool having specific hours for women only. BUT, the swimwear Im supposed to wear costs like 80 to 150 dollars? It's insane, I could get a haute couture Dior swimwear at that price seriously.
                  https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

:wswrwb: i dont think u would be allowed in a swimming pool with cargo pants on, unless u were doing ur lifesavers badge or something. some swimming pools wont even let men in with long shorts to swim, im not sure if a woman would be allowed in a "burkini" which is such a dumb name btw, is that what muslims call it ? or just the press ?
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

According to Hanafi fiqh, a woman has to cover everything except face and hands even in front of non-Muslim women.

Maybe, you can try something baggy, like cargo pants. The won't stick and won't reveal the shape of the body.
                      PROOF? sounds impossible, muslim men can marry non muslim women, but muslim women have to be fully covered in front of non muslim women? :scratch:

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

I looked online but not on Amazon, thanks for the tip I was getting desperate and imagining outfits myself like pants till the knees, and a brassiere or tank top

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                        :wswrwb: i dont think u would be allowed in a swimming pool with cargo pants on, unless u were doing ur lifesavers badge or something. some swimming pools wont even let men in with long shorts to swim, im not sure if a woman would be allowed in a "burkini" which is such a dumb name btw, is that what muslims call it ? or just the press ?
                        It is an Islamic association who arranged women only hours with a public swimming-pool (public as in paid with my dear co-citizens taxes). So I suppose it allowed, plus they demand proper swimwear. If I miss the shot I'll just get fired I guess.

I absolutely dont know where it did come from.

from a shariah point of view i dont know.

but just from my own point of view, i dont like being around the awrah of other men. i would assume women are the same.
                        That was just your opinion??? I thought that was true lol.
                        Thank you for the tip but we have so little possibilities to swim, I think we'll be busier with swimming than ogling each other. We are all made the same after all. Usually when women stare at another woman, she's either jealous or jealous.

Wasalam,
                        I dont have a madhab, so I dont know what my position should be. Technically we'll be only between Muslim women. The non-Muslim women can go whenever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post

The reason they cost more than a regular swimsuit is based on the fact that there is more fabric required (regular suit uses about 1/2 to 3/4 yard and Muslimah suit about 2-1/2 to 3 yards) and also they are usually sewn from specialty fabric that dries faster and doesn't cling as much, which is also more expensive than regular suit fabric. There is oftentimes more detail required when sewing the Muslimah suit, such as zippers and snaps, which also requires more labor. As others have said, check Ebay, Amazon, and other online shops. You can probably find a better price.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous_mehip View Post
                            PROOF? sounds impossible, muslim men can marry non muslim women, but muslim women have to be fully covered in front of non muslim women? :scratch:

“With regards to the statement of Allah “or their women”, there are two opinions. The first is that it refers to those women who are on the same religion (din) as them (i.e. Muslims, m). This is the opinion of the majority of the predecessors (salaf). Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) states: “It is impermissible for a believing/Muslim woman to uncover herself in front of non-Muslim women, and she is only allowed to expose that what is allowed in front of non-Mahram men… Sayyiduna Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) wrote to Abu Ubaida ibn al-Jarrah (Allah be pleased with him) to stop non-Muslim women from entering bath areas (hammam) with Muslim women.

The second opinion is that, it refers to all the women (i.e. she may uncover in front of all the women, m). This is the adopted opinion, and the opinion of the predecessors is based on superiority (istihbab)”. (See: Tafsir al-Kabir, 8/365).

As we have seen, that Imam al-Razi (Allah have mercy on him) adopted the second view in that a woman may uncover in front of non-Muslim women to the extent of what she is allowed to uncover in front of Mahram men.

However, many scholars chose the first view, and it is the view that is adopted by the Hanafi School. Imam al-Haskafi (Allah have mercy on him) states:

“An unbelieving woman is similar to a non-Mahram man according to the correct opinion. Thus, she is not allowed to see the body of a Muslim woman”. (Radd al-Muhtar, 6/371)

Allama Ibn Abidin (Allah have mercy on him) explains:

“It is impermissible for a Muslim woman to uncover in front of a Jewish, Christian or a atheist woman except if she is her slave…It is also disliked that a corrupt woman (fasiqa) sees the body of a pious woman, for she may describe her to the men, thus she should avoid taking off her outer garment (jilbab) or scarf (khimar)”. (ibid).

A Comprehensive Guide to a Woman's Nakedness (awra)
                            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

“With regards to the statement of Allah “or their women”, there are two opinions. The first is that it refers to those women who are on the same religion (din) as them (i.e. Muslims, m). This is the opinion of the majority of the predecessors (salaf). Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) states: “It is impermissible for a believing/Muslim woman to uncover herself in front of non-Muslim women, and she is only allowed to expose that what is allowed in front of non-Mahram men… Sayyiduna Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) wrote to Abu Ubaida ibn al-Jarrah (Allah be pleased with him) to stop non-Muslim women from entering bath areas (hammam) with Muslim women.

The second opinion is that, it refers to all the women (i.e. she may uncover in front of all the women, m). This is the adopted opinion, and the opinion of the predecessors is based on superiority (istihbab)”. (See: Tafsir al-Kabir, 8/365).

As we have seen, that Imam al-Razi (Allah have mercy on him) adopted the second view in that a woman may uncover in front of non-Muslim women to the extent of what she is allowed to uncover in front of Mahram men.

However, many scholars chose the first view, and it is the view that is adopted by the Hanafi School. Imam al-Haskafi (Allah have mercy on him) states:

“An unbelieving woman is similar to a non-Mahram man according to the correct opinion. Thus, she is not allowed to see the body of a Muslim woman”. (Radd al-Muhtar, 6/371)

Allama Ibn Abidin (Allah have mercy on him) explains:

“It is impermissible for a Muslim woman to uncover in front of a Jewish, Christian or a atheist woman except if she is her slave…It is also disliked that a corrupt woman (fasiqa) sees the body of a pious woman, for she may describe her to the men, thus she should avoid taking off her outer garment (jilbab) or scarf (khimar)”. (ibid).

A Comprehensive Guide to a Woman's Nakedness (awra)
                              :jkk: I don't follow hanafi madhab though

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X