Does anyone yawn alot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone yawn alot

I have a massive yawning problem, I get stressed when I have something to do in front of me not matter how big or small, like reading something or getting on with my work, I yawn constantly for minutes until I stop. I have been to the doctors but they diagnose me as a depressant and tell me I need better sleep. Does anyone else experience symptoms like these?

Re: Does anyone yawn alot

Only when i've had a poor nights sleep and i'm very tired. It's normal. Yawning is not a symptom of depression. What else did you tell the doctors?

Symptoms of depression

If you have depression, you may have a number of different symptoms including:

a continuous low mood, which may be worse in the mornings
    feeling irritable
    crying a lot
    a loss of interest in your social life
    a loss of self-confidence
    a lack of energy
    tiredness and poor concentration
    difficulty in making decisions
    feeling helpless, worthless or hopeless
    feeling guilty
    thoughts about death and suicide
    anxiety
    a loss of sex drive (libido)
    trouble sleeping - possibly taking one or two hours to go to sleep or waking up earlier than usual
    disturbed eating patterns - either loss of appetite or eating too much
    unexplained or worsening aches and pains
    physical slowness
    Last edited by Goldfinger; 28-02-12, 06:25 PM.
    Never have any regrets you only get one shot at life this ain't no rehersal!

Comment

I havn't been sleeping properly for 10 years, I went to work for a year with about 2 hours maximum sleep a day. So he diagnosed be as a depressed person from that basis after. I have low energy as well, done the blood test and that all comes up fine. Fine motivation but low energy, physically and especially mentally. Now even if slept during the day for more than a few hours I am still like that. I have been yawning for years and realise only when I try to use my brain a little bit it keeps on happening, boredom is not it.

Comment

Originally posted by humblebrother1 View Post
        I havn't been sleeping properly for 10 years, I went to work for a year with about 2 hours maximum sleep a day. So he diagnosed be as a depressed person from that basis after. I have low energy as well, done the blood test and that all comes up fine. Fine motivation but low energy, physically and especially mentally. Now even if slept during the day for more than a few hours I am still like that. I have been yawning for years and realise only when I try to use my brain a little bit it keeps on happening, boredom is not it.
        Not everyone needs the same amount of sleep. I can't imagine 2 hours is enough for anyone though -for a whole year!. You would have low energy as you would be mentally and physically tired. Do you have trouble getting to sleep every night? Do you watch TV, use the internet every night? You need to stop an hour or so before and wind down for sleep time. Don't drink tea/coffee or eat at least 3 hours before bedtime. You could have a bad case of insomnia which is causing you to be depressed and tried all of the time. If it's just mental then you should exercise each day. Have a hot bath as it helps to relax. Do you exercise? Go for a walk and gradually build it up. Join a gym or go for a run. You may feel tired but afterwards you will feel much better. Exercise is good for relaxation. Do not sleep during the day as it will ruin your sleep pattern at night. Why do you need a nap during the day? Do you do physical manual work that tires you out. Sleep during the day is not the same as sleep during the night.
        Never have any regrets you only get one shot at life this ain't no rehersal!

Comment

I play football once a week and once in a while go running for 2 miles. It does make you feel good for a little while but can't say that it stops the problems. I am on the computer mostly to the end of the day. Doesn't a hot bath make you even more tired. I do feel tired but when it comes time to sleep I can't do it.

Comment

When one is about to yawn, one must do all they can to stop it :

It was narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If one of you yawns – according to another report: whilst praying – let him suppress it as much as he can, for the Shaytaan comes in.”
            (Narrated by Muslim)

--------

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

Yawning comes from the Shaytaan, so if one of you feels the urge to yawn, let him suppress it as much as he can, for if one of you says ‘ha’ (the sound made when yawning), the Shaytaan laughs.”
            (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3115; Muslim, 2994)
            'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
              When one is about to yawn, one must do all they can to stop it :

(Narrated by Muslim)

--------

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3115; Muslim, 2994)
              Repelling is hard, but I will try.

Comment

:salams

My Naturapath told me no screen time of any kind for 30 minutes before bed. You can read hardcopy if you want or do something else but no iPhone, TV, Internet, etc.

Try to get some bloodwork done. You may be low in certain vitamins or nutrients and not be aware of it. Sometimes this is a diet problem, but other times it is because (for whatever reason) the body is not absorbing it properly. In addition to vitamin/nutrient deficiency, have your thyroid checked.

Do you suffer from anxiety? I do, which affects my sleeping. I take something for the anxiety in the early evening (as I found it made me more lethargic if I took it in the morning) and it helps.

No caffeine after lunch. No water for an hour or two before bed. No big meals for a few hours before bed.

Taking a hot shower or bath before bedtime can help relax your muscles and ease general tensions, which could also result in a better sleep.

Establish a sleep routine, where you do the same few things before bed every night. This prepares the mind for sleep and helps you sleep longer and better.

Ask your dentist if there is any evidence that you're clenching your teeth. You may need a night guard. Many people who clench their teeth are unaware of it. It can cause mild to serious headaches which you may not even notice in the forefront of your mind, but your body feels it.

Go for a massage from a registered massage therapist. Advise them you're not sleeping well and ask them to check you over. You may not be aligned properly, you could be tense, etc.

If this all fails, you could also go for a sleep apnea test. Basically, some percentage of people will stop breathing in their sleep and partially wake up. This causes them to either sleep fitfully or wake up entirely. It is usually fixable though, so it's worth finding out about it.

You may need to change your matress or pillow. Cooler rooms are easier to sleep in than warmer (counter-intuitive I know since warm rooms make you sleepy, but cooler rooms keep you asleep).

Of course, make dua :)

I have had a lot of sleep problems due to pain and anxiety, which alhamdulilah have been getting better. May Allah swt bless you with a lovely sleep and no yawning, Ameen.
                "Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2

Comment

:wswrwb:

Originally posted by humblebrother1 View Post
                  Repelling is hard, but I will try.
                  Brother, if you can't suppress your yawn, then cover your mouth at least. Also, don't make any noise whilst yawning; it's a sinful action.
                  'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Jazakallah for the advice brothers/sisters.

Comment

How about if u carry on reading Quran or Sunnah prayers until u feel sleepy and then when sleep is done properly inshAllah yawning should stop
                      7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
                      Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X