Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qstn 4 sisters: Dyeing hair? How many times is reasonable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Qstn 4 sisters: Dyeing hair? How many times is reasonable?

Last edited by *aisha*; 08-03-12, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
      not highlights(ie blond) but the actual color yellow.
      Lol, no i meant like the highlighters, pens, those bright colours? Like these

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
        Lol, no i meant like the highlighters, pens, those bright colours? Like these
        Yeah like those colors

Comment

Lol okay gotcha :jkk: ^ but it can be said that any other colour also constitutes the colours of the 'punks'. Basically any colour that isn't the usual/natural colours like brown, blonde shades?

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Just leave your hair the colour it is naturally? I don't think anyones hair is that bad that it *needs* to be dyed another colour (albeit similar)- that good diet/ good haircare regime won't give it the same gloss and softness etc that dye apparently does? Its like saying 'I *have* to wear lipstick everyday otherwise my lips dry out' -really? Can this ever be a justofied answer? If n doubt (which by the thread is apparent!) then just stay away!
            What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
            Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
            Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
            but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
            but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
            We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
            freedom from slavery to other than the One,
            Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
            and a horizon that extends to the next life,
            Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
              Just leave your hair the colour it is naturally? I don't think anyones hair is that bad that it *needs* to be dyed another colour (albeit similar)- that good diet/ good haircare regime won't give it the same gloss and softness etc that dye apparently does? Its like saying 'I *have* to wear lipstick everyday otherwise my lips dry out' -really? Can this ever be a justofied answer? If n doubt (which by the thread is apparent!) then just stay away!
              huh? lol, no alhamdulilah, i'm just consulting sisters on here who may be able to advise me. The question was how many times is reasonable that's all.

I don't want to leave it the natural colour and i want to dye it. I don't think your comment was helpful or useful, i'm a tad bit confuseeeed at your response.

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

My point was, if there is doubt and concerns, which there are in regards to whether or not it dammages and whether or not wudhu is valid then leave it be? Its obviously not that important or going to give you any health benefit, its just a *want* a desire but not necessarily important or needed?

Sorry if you thought it not constructive! You did ask for advice, unfortuantely advice can come in favour and not in favour of what you like/want :o
                What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                  Honestly, this is really what I was thinking too.

If you want to beautify yourself at home, there are so many ways than stripping off the layers of your hair using these chemical dyes. What's wrong with the natural hair?

Even modern day shampoo often times have these pointless chemicals added in.
                  If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                  There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, but would you dye or bleach you hair with the oil in or wash it off and then dye it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hazara View Post
                      I was thinking the same thing, but would you dye or bleach you hair with the oil in or wash it off and then dye it?
                      I've always been told that you dye your hair when it's dirty... For some reason that I absolutely don't know. Hairdressers ask that.
                      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                        I've always been told that you dye your hair when it's dirty... For some reason that I absolutely don't know. Hairdressers ask that.
                        freshly washed hair is no good if ur having foil highlights cos they slide and u cant put the foils in easily, better to have washed it the day before or a couple of days before.
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Unfortuntely, some of us need to dye their hair. I started to get white hairs in my mid to late twenties. I have tried several dye brands and have only found one that works. I have tried henna but that makes my whites orange and doesn't look good. Even bought indigo (for those into natural methods) from an expensive and reputable web site and even that didn't work.

But to the OP. Only dye it when your roots start to show noticeably which can be anything from to 2 to 6 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows. You only need to put the dye on the roots after the first application.

Hair dye stains your hair like henna and not coates it like nail varnish so your wuzu would still be acceptable allahu allam.
                          [CENTER]*** :D ***[/CENTER]
                          [CENTER]"No tiredness, illness, difficulty, sorrow, harm or sadness afflicts a Muslim, even to a thorn pricking him, without Allah wiping away his errors through it." [Recorded by Bukhari and Muslim, from Abu Sa'id and Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with them)] [/CENTER]
                          [CENTER]so smile, it a sunnah[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
                            I'm sure you're only allowed to dye your hair with henna, if you use other hair dyes your ghusl won't be complete the same why nail varnish creates a barrier for water to pass through.
                            Henna does actually coat your hair, unlike dye, but the coating is so fine that it's negligible and doesn't affect wudu/ghusl.

Quick interwebz search, they all say the same thing:
                            Henna is, in many ways, the ideal colorant. Chemically-based dyes often cause split ends and lifeless hair; henna does not. Rather than permeating the hair, henna coats the hair shaft, preventing brittleness and breakage. And, because it coats, it wears off gradually over a period of approximately 8-12 weeks, eliminating the dark-root problem you must contend with when using chemical tints.
                            However, because henna coats the hair shaft, it is important to remove the coating before using chemicals to perm or dye your hair
                            Unlike bleach and other kinds of metallic dyes that can damage your hair, henna actually coats the hair and promotes glossy strong hair. Henna will produce varied results on different types of hair. In its most natural form, it will add a red tone to hair.
                            And so on.
                            Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

Comment

Thanks I have naturally red hair and have always wondered about dying it. I want to dye it but I don't because I'm scared of it losing its natural colour and on top of that I'm scared my ghusl won't be complete or my wudhu and my namaz won't be accepted. My hubby told me that I can't dye it for them reasons stated and I can't find anywhere where it says you can't. I've no idea where he has got that from so I'll discuss it with him later. If he's still persistent then I'll leave it.
                              Last edited by Hannahk92; 12-03-12, 06:31 AM. Reason: wrong spellings
                              Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Question:

Please give reasoning and evidence from ahadith and scholars. Are women allowed to dye their hair? If yes, is there any particular color recommended? If no, what is the reasoning behind it? I've heard that women are not supposed to color their hair anything other than the color of "black." Why is that?

Answer:

Yes, women are allowed to dye their hair and the recommended colour is with henna (a red plant dye).
                                (Fatawa Hindiyya V.6 pg 238)
                                The reason for prohibiting the use of black colour to dye ones hair is that one is deceiving ones age and appearance.
                                Shaykh Taqi Usmani mentions in his commentary on Sahih Muslim,Takmila Fath al-Mulhim, regarding women dying their hair:
                                As for women dying their hair in order to beautify themselves for their husband, Qatada (May Allah be pleased with him) gives permissibility as mentioned in Musannaf Abdur Razzaq11:155. Also Ishaq gives permissibility as narrated by Ibn Qudama in his Mugni (1:76). Shaykh Taqi ends with saying, ‘I have not seen any other statement beside these two.
                                Allah Knows Best
                                (Takmila Fath Mulhim 4:150)
                                Dyeing the hair with henna would be more recommended as was the practice, but other colours are also permissible.
                                The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) advised the father of Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with them both) to change and dye his hair. He said, ‘Change and dye your hair and refrain from using black’
                                (Abu Dawud 2.137)
                                This hadith is with regard to advising a man in using a dye. As for women it gives permissibility as she is more urged upon and advised to beautify herself for their husbands.
                                Source: http://www.SunniPath.com
                                ^^

Question:

Can a women dye her hair with the hair dye bought in shops that contains chemicals or will the wudhu be invalid because the hair is coated with chemicals?

Answer:

Walaikum assalam,
                                1. It is permitted for women to use such a hair dye, with the conditions mentioned in the attached answer.

2. It will not affect the validity of her ablutions (wudu) or purificatory bath (ghusl), because the coating is not considered a perceptible barrier.

And Allah alone gives success.
                                Wassalam,
                                Faraz Rabbani
                                Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X