X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious Question: Are Drugs Haram?

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Khat/Qat

Illegal in Saudi, the US and most Eurpoean countries (including the Netherlands funnily enough).

Legal in UK, Somalia, Yemen and one or two other countries.
    what is that stuff anyway ? is it like tabacco ? just looked it up, apparently its not adictive and doesnt cause dependance like alcohol etc.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

It's some kind of stimulant.

Suppresses hunger and makes you stay awake and talk rubbish for hours on end.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        It's some kind of stimulant.

Suppresses hunger and makes you stay awake and talk rubbish for hours on end.
        ah ok i`ve not really heard of it, and never come across it.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

Khat ruins lifes,.turns people in to wastemen.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
          (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad555 View Post
            you are NOT allowed to use ANY drugs period it is haraam and if you do, it means you disbelieve in the Quran. If you disbelieve even one Ayah you are then kufar. Dont even take a tylenol. If you are in pain for ANY reason it is because Allah is angry with you and you are being punnished. Or Allah could be testing you.
            Does this not statement go against Islam on several levels? Please correct me if I am wrong, but Islam

1) Islam has some Hadiths about finding cures for diseases? All diseases have a cure? something like that?
            2) Calling someone a Muslim a Kufar is against Islam?
            3) Calling every Muslim Kufar for something as taking simple medication is against Islam... because if you look at his logic chain he says... "NOT allowed to use ANY drugs period it is haraam and if you do, it means you disbelieve in the Quran. If you disbelieve even one Ayah you are then kufar."
            So in that logic chain anyone who even taken tylenol is Kufar.

Does this not go against historic fact about Islamic history, where they published medical books including medications of what the cure, and Islam had the first hospitals using a variety of medicines and cures?
            Last edited by Mich; 21-02-12, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
              Does this not statement go against Islam on several levels? Please correct me if I am wrong, but Islam

1) Islam has some Hadiths about finding cures for diseases? All diseases have a cure? something like that?
              2) Calling someone a Muslim a Kufar is against Islam?
              3) Calling every Muslim Kufar for something as taking simple medication is against Islam... because if you look at his logic chain he says... "NOT allowed to use ANY drugs period it is haraam and if you do, it means you disbelieve in the Quran. If you disbelieve even one Ayah you are then kufar."
              So in that logic chain anyone who even taken tylenol is Kufar.

Does this not go against historic fact about Islamic history, where they published medical books including medications of what the cure, and Islam had the first hospitals using a variety of medicines and cures?
              masha Allah Mich well said, you have learnt a lot in your time here :)

Narrated Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu) that the Prophet :saw: said: “There is no disease that Allah has sent down except that He also has sent down its treatment [cure] ” [The Book of Medicine- Sahih Bukhari]
              Last edited by *asiya*; 21-02-12, 12:47 PM.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad555 View Post
                you are NOT allowed to use ANY drugs period it is haraam and if you do, it means you disbelieve in the Quran. If you disbelieve even one Ayah you are then kufar. Dont even take a tylenol. If you are in pain for ANY reason it is because Allah is angry with you and you are being punnished. Or Allah could be testing you.
                Sorry the above is ridiculous. Even our Prophet (s) got headaches and felt pain, and obviously it wasnt because Allah was angry or punishing him. You are blaming the suffering here, which is very wrong as well as hurtful to those who are in suffering.

Intoxicants aren't allowed in Islam, but as far as I know tylenol doesn't intoxicate, so why would it be haram (unless there is some alcohol or pork or other haram derived ingredient in the tablet). Whether or not codeine and other prescription painkillers counts as an intoxicant I don't know
                Last edited by Jannah7; 21-02-12, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                  masha Allah Mich well said, you have learnt a lot in your time here :)
                  I always give credit where credit is due. Muslim world learned from medical knowledge from the Greeks and Romans and even from the Chinese and then added and improved on it. they had hospitals, published books, and various treatments while Europeans were hacking off limbs with dirty axes or draining blood and saying it is God's will when they die because of it.
                  Last edited by Mich; 22-02-12, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
                    I always give credit where credit is due. Muslim world learned from medical knowledge from the Greeks and Romans and even from the Chinese and then added and improved on it. they had hospitals, published books, and various treatments while Europeans were hacking off limbs with dirty axes or draining blood and saying it is God's will when they die because of it.
                    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...56312207897325 when the Moors Ruled europe

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Working...
                    X