First Going to Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Going to Church

Okay so as some of you may remember, I went to stay with my parents, which carried a rule that I had to attend their church. Well I went today. The speech wasn't so bad, they were just talking about how God will give you strength at the right times.

Then after, everyone wanted to come talk to me and welcome me, including the men. Including married men. It threw me off at first b/c I haven't spoken to another married man my entire marriage. (outside of business) Also, I have seen the hurt and devastation that comes from that kind of behavior.

I literally just put my head down and walked outside. I felt a little embarrassed and like I had done something wrong. I explained to my mom afterwards that I was uncomfortable being in that position, and she said she would let them know that.

It was totally just friendly, I don't think anyone had bad intentions, but it was very strange for me and uncomfortable.

Re: First Going to Church

you are walking on shaky grounds sis.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

you truly are in shaky grounds.

Comment

Yep, definitely shaky grounds.. :/
        إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

:/ I just hope you don't go there anymore
          The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)” (3:185)

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Need to eventually explain to them that you worship the same Creator they do (If they worship One God alone) And you can worship or remember Him from home or anywhere. You can also tell them believe in Jesus of Mary (Isa ibn Maryam) but as a Messenger of Allah

I fear if your eeman (faith) is weak sis, shaitan will convince you to start believing the stuff they teach. Need to have very strong eeman if you are going to go there.
            SPREAD OF EVIL
            ZIONISM
            BOLLYWOOD

Comment

mashallah, you did the right thing, it would have been easy to just stay and talk for politeness sake, but you managed to stay true to your islam, you saw something you were uncomfortable with and from the off you stood up for yourself and your deen and put down ground rules with your mum, boundaries that you are not prepared to transgress! Mashallah my sister i am proud of what you have done, you put your head down and walked out, that shows strength! :love: keep coming on the forum and talking to us. keep praying to Allah to keep you strong, keep standing up for what you believe in and voicing when you feel uncomfortable!

edit: ya ummah, give her some support and encouragement, or welcome her in to your homes so she doesnt have the choice between an abusive jahil "muslim" husband, or shirkish parents.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
              (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

May Allah make a way out for you.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                  Need to eventually explain to them that you worship the same Creator they do (If they worship One God alone) And you can worship or remember Him from home or anywhere. You can also tell them believe in Jesus of Mary (Isa ibn Maryam) but as a Messenger of Allah

I fear if your eeman (faith) is weak sis, shaitan will convince you to start believing the stuff they teach. Need to have very strong eeman if you are going to go there.
                  Agree especially christians play a lot with emotions, not even reason but emotions so if you're feeling depressed and your iman is weak i'm worried they could make you doubt your own beliefs
                  You should try to find your local mosque and spend some time there inshaAllah :)
                  The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)” (3:185)

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    May Allah make a way out for you.
                    Ameen

Comment

SIster, may I ask why can't you live without your parents, or may be you can ask them to come to masjid with you. They say, if you don't preach to people then you'll be preached about their religion.

May Allah make it easy for you to get out of this situation.May Allah give you strong iman and may he take us away from this duniya with iman.

Comment

welcoming new people church (men and women) is very, very common. In Christian church and western culture, men married or single if fact act like gentlemen, greet women with politeness shake hands, if closer family friends might even kiss the cheek, and make them feel welcome. There is no hidden sexual agenda behind it.
                        Last edited by Mich; 20-02-12, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
                          welcoming new people church (men and women) is very, very common. In Christian church and western culture, men married or single if fact act like gentlemen, greet women with politeness shake hands, if closer family friends might even kiss the cheek, and make them feel welcome. There is no hidden sexual agenda behind it.
                          Who said that they had sexual agenda, its simple. Sister is feeling bad, because islamically she should not mingle with men who are non mahram.

Comment

Originally posted by con View Post
                            Who said that they had sexual agenda, its simple.
                            no one, but I thought I would put it there before some younger members make a joke or comment on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
                              Yes I'm sure there is not..... I mean, no fornication/adultery that is ocurring in the world begins from kisses or hugs does it?.............

Alhamdulillah for Islam. Saving us from cheating on or having our partners cheat on us, giving birth to unwanted children and spreading sexually transmitted diseases.
                              Last edited by -MA-; 20-02-12, 01:08 AM.
                              SPREAD OF EVIL
                              ZIONISM
                              BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Working...
                              X