Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have to remove all non-hijabi photos/videos if we start wearing Hijab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do we have to remove all non-hijabi photos/videos if we start wearing Hijab?

Op, be safe and remove those hijabless videos and pictures..before being concern with the benefits towards others; Others are secondary, what is binding about you (covering properly) is of utmost importance.

Comment

Re: Do we have to remove all non-hijabi photos/videos if we start wearing Hijab?

#1 The sources i gave you above are not the sources i received the ruling from. However i gave you place to ask so you can see if their answer is the same as the one I received.
      #2 I never said to take it automatically that they are incorrect. I said to look into your sources. Therefore do not take just anything from them without knowing their credibility.Unless it is a fundamental/obvious matter where the answer is commonly known or you already know it, don't take their supposed rulings on certain matters you are doubtful about as fact till you know their trustworthiness, but don't necessarily take it that they're wrong. Just wait to get an answer from a source that you are sure is good and don't make any decisions till then.

as for me, I and my family has already looked into these sources and for instance aicp has been passed down as a reliable source, so I am sure the sources I take my islamic knowledge from are reliable. I didn't just find them and say oh, here's a website that talks about islam i will believe them.
      Last edited by hanoun; 09-04-12, 11:19 PM.

Comment

IslamQA is reliable, though.

Where did you find this ruling, then, if not the site you pasted above?
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I asked my trustworthy cousin who is educated in the religion, niece of Lebanese Sheikh Nizar Halabi, who was murdered in 1995 by terrorist extremists. Since she did not know the answer she went and asked a sheikh for me and got the answer back to me. I believe that answer since the network of sources is reliable. although i don't have many places to go, i have a certain network of sources i keep and that's it. It includes a couple of my aunts, a few cousins, the two websites i gave you. and anybody the sources i previously mentioned would refer to should they not know the answer.

i don't have the name of the specific source as i left it up to her to ask for me since she also has a reliable network and this was a few years ago.

honestly i am just passing on my knowledge as i have it. i understand the precautions you take and not believing just anyone so in this case you should refer to a more qualified knowledgeable person to provide you with the proofs or details. this is exactly what I did when my grandfather told me the girl doesn't need her hair covered in the photo. I did not trust it or believe it at first, so i needed confirmation and went and asked one of the sources in my network that i knew well their reliability. even though my grandfather told me this i did not immediately take his word as he is not one of my confirmed sources. he turned out right but that does not mean i take him as a reliable source even now.
          Last edited by hanoun; 09-04-12, 11:57 PM.

Comment

What answer did she get? It's OK for women to be hijabless on photos?
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Precisely. The answer she gave me is that yes, she may have her hair showing in photos. However that doesn't mean she can put nude photos <---that's what she said.
              This gave me doubts about webcam. So i asked her about that and she told me no, it is haram for her to be hijabless on webcam in front of the males who can't see her.
              Difference between video and photo ---> one is still the other is not.

Comment

Remove as many as you can. I don't think you understand the destruction you are doing to yourself.

Save yourself from eyes that give you sin, even while you are laying in your grave!
                SPREAD OF EVIL
                ZIONISM
                BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Are you sure she meant that it's OK for Muslim women to be hijabless in photos even though men will see the photos?

Comment

Yes this was the implication. As the answers for picture vs. webcam were different given the same wording/circumstances.

Comment

can you ask her for proof?

Comment

ok this would probably mean her going back to ask for proof and it might take a long time. I will ask her when I can get in touch.
                        I'll tell you what...I will email AICP (an organization my cousin and much of my family also relies on and associates with.) I will ask them for proof/details. They usually answer my questions so Inshallah they can answer this and i will forward it to you.

Does this work for you?

Comment

Yes, :insha:

:jkk:

Comment

alright I emailed it yalla I'm waiting for the answer Inshallah and will get back to you.

as-salam w 3alaikum

Comment

an advice:
                              it was said that the site called "IslamQA" is reliable. I would like to warn u against it as I have looked into it more thoroughly and already found several incorrect information. So if you are looking for answers for certain matters in Islam in which you are uncertain, I advise you not to search this site for it.

Comment

Originally posted by hanoun View Post
                                an advice:
                                it was said that the site called "IslamQA" is reliable. I would like to warn u against it as I have looked into it more thoroughly and already found several incorrect information. So if you are looking for answers for certain matters in Islam in which you are uncertain, I advise you not to search this site for it.
                                so then tell us, mr sheikh, what did you find acceptable, what did you find in error and where would you suggest people go?
                                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X