I wonder how many muslim sisters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaaju Barfi
    just out of interest, what is it u don't like in islam?
    Khilafah, Shariah, laws regarding interest, intolerance to people of other religions (i.e. athiesm, paganism, etc.), separatism (i.e. the above quote regarding them and us as well as not taking non-Muslims as friends). I've also seen people borrow parts of Islam to justify their hatred towards non-Muslims, but I do not believe that is Islam.

I do like some of the moral & inspirational quotes that I have seen.

Also, I don't believe many of the historical battles between good & evil should be taken literally. I think they're more like metaphors when they talk about satan, demons, etc. I also think the same thing about stories in the Bible.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

khilafah is a state which is based on God's laws and shariah is from Allah[God]. he has prescribed these laws for the betterment of mankind.Islam doesn't show hatred or racism to any religion. It is the truth so we urge people to come to Islam. coming to Islam wud be for the non muslims benefit, not ours. after all every human including u and me have to answer to Allah for our misdeeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
        Here's the definition I use for imitate.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=imitate

Do you use another definition? Or, does imitate just refer to some things and not others?
        I meant what imitating the kafirs from an islamic perspective means duh
        Man knows so much yet does so little...

Comment

khilafah is a state which is based on God's laws and shariah is from Allah[God]. he has prescribed these laws for the betterment of mankind.
          Sorry, but I don't believe that. I don't believe in legislated morality, period.

I also don't think that laws should remain stagnant even though the situation (i.e. society as a whole) has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by outlandish
            I meant what imitating the kafirs from an islamic perspective means duh
            Okay, so exactly what does it mean? What counts and what doesn't count? How am I supposed to know what the Islamic perspective means?

Someone makes an open statement not to imitate people, and everyone else is supposed to know exactly what they're talking about?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=naive

Comment

so u think there shud be gay marriages and other weird stuff which goes on in the states? according to the bible man lying with a man and woman lying with a woman is an abomination. i m just proving a point, people shud adjust themselves to the law and not the law having to adjust itself to people's desires.

Comment

so u think there shud be gay marriages and other weird stuff which goes on in the states? according to the bible man lying with a man and woman lying with a woman is an abomination. i m just proving a point, people shud adjust themselves to the law and not the law having to adjust itself to people's desires.
                I admit I'm kind of torn on gay marriages.

I'm personally opposed to them, but I try not to let my personal feelings dictate what I feel should be legal or not.

And by the way, where did I ever say there should be gay marriages? You won't get arrested for spitting on the sidewalk, but I don't think people should.

Comment

In the name of Allah, most beneficent, most merciful.

Mr Raven,

It is of no concern to us nor any loss for Islam that you like certain aspects of our religion and detest others. Indeed it is you that is losing out greatly by not living according to the laws of Islam, for indeed it is your creator who knows you better than yourself, it is he who knows what is best for you and what is bad for you so it is he who knows best the laws that you should live according to.

With your limited brain, just like every creations limited brain and intelligence, do you dare to challenge the laws and wisdom of the unlimited and all powerful creator?!

Quran 18:28 Restrain thyself along with those who cry unto their Lord at morn and evening, seeking His countenance; and let not thine eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp of the life of the world; and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance, who followeth his own lust and whose case hath been abandoned.

Quran 24:51 The saying of (all true) believers when they appeal unto Allah and His messenger to judge between them is only that they say: We hear and we obey. And such are the successful.
                  Not like you Raven, where you think your heart and mind is correct and the laws of Allah are incorrect/barbarous/inhumane and therfore should be abandoned. No, a muslim tries to truly submit like the slave that he is, and to keep his duty to the one whom created him and does not question his authority, "We hear and we obey"

Quran 5:7 Remember Allah's grace upon you and His covenant by which He bound you when ye said: We hear and we obey; and keep your duty to Allah. Allah knoweth what is in the breasts (of men).

Comment

Okay, so exactly what does it mean? What counts and what doesn't count? How am I supposed to know what the Islamic perspective means?

Someone makes an open statement not to imitate people, and everyone else is supposed to know exactly what they're talking about?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=naive
                    look mr how u defines or think imitating kafir means, according to that I shouldnt be using the internet coz the kafirs do it too,breath the same air the kafirs do, eat coz kafirs eat too, not study something the kafirs study too,dont use the buss,dont use different colours dressing, dont do my hair bla bla
                    if u read the previous posts it explaint what imitating means,I willl quote a small part of it here

b) Doing something that is unique and exclusive to the non-believers or it is part of their faith. This will also be considered imitation, thus Haram (unlawful).
                    Man knows so much yet does so little...

Comment

Raven, my point exactly. Thank you.
                      -Abbie

I'm wearing a red & white shirt. It's plaid.

Now, I don't ever want to see you wearing that. If you do, you'll be imitating the kuffar and become one of us.

Comment

intolerance to people of other religions (i.e. athiesm, paganism, etc.
                        When did athiesm become a religion??

Anyway, some info to clear up some points brought up in this thread:

Imitating the kuffaar falls into two categories:

Imitation that is haraam and imitation that is permitted:

The first type is imitation that is haraam: this means knowingly doing things that are unique characteristics of the religion of the kuffaar and that have not been referred to in our religion. This is haraam and it may be a major sin; in some cases a person may even become a kaafir by doing that, according to the evidence, whether a person does that because he agrees with the kuffaar, or because of his whims and desires, or because of some specious arguments which make him feel that doing it will being him benefit in this world and the next. If it is asked, is the one who does that out of ignorance a sinner, such as one who celebrates Christmas? The answer is that the one who is ignorant is not a sinner because he was unaware, but he has to be told, and if he persists he becomes a sinner.

The second type is imitation that is permissible. This means doing something which is not originally taken from the kuffaar, but the kuffaar do it too. This does not involve a prohibition on resembling them, but one may miss out on the benefits of differing from them.

Imitating or resembling the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) and others with regard to worldly matters is permissible only when the following conditions are met:

1 – That should not be any of their traditions or rituals by which they are distinguished.

2 – That should not be part of their religion. A matter can be proven to be part of their religion though a trustworthy source, such as an aayah of the Qur’aan or a hadeeth of His Messenger, or via well-established reports, such as the prostration of greeting which was permitted to the previous nations.

3 – That should not be anything in Islam which refers specifically to that matter. If there is a specific reference in Islam, either approving or disapproving of it, then we must follow what our religion says about it.

4 – This resemblance should not lead to going against any of the commands of sharee’ah.

5 – That should not involve celebrating any of their festivals.

6 – The resemblance should be only according to what is needed, and no more.

See al-Sunan wa’l-Athaar fi’l-Nahy ‘an al-Tashabbuh bi’l-Kuffaar by Suhayl Hasan, p. 58-59

Islam Q&A
                        Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Khilafah, Shariah, laws regarding interest, intolerance to people of other religions (i.e. athiesm, paganism, etc.), separatism (i.e. the above quote regarding them and us as well as not taking non-Muslims as friends). I've also seen people borrow parts of Islam to justify their hatred towards non-Muslims, but I do not believe that is Islam.

I do like some of the moral & inspirational quotes that I have seen.

Also, I don't believe many of the historical battles between good & evil should be taken literally. I think they're more like metaphors when they talk about satan, demons, etc. I also think the same thing about stories in the Bible.
                            One thing I'd add to this.

I believe in righteousness first, comradery second.

From what some Muslims say, Islam prescribes the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayah
                              When did athiesm become a religion??

Anyway, some info to clear up some points brought up in this thread:

Imitating the kuffaar falls into two categories:

Imitation that is haraam and imitation that is permitted:

The first type is imitation that is haraam: this means knowingly doing things that are unique characteristics of the religion of the kuffaar and that have not been referred to in our religion. This is haraam and it may be a major sin; in some cases a person may even become a kaafir by doing that, according to the evidence, whether a person does that because he agrees with the kuffaar, or because of his whims and desires, or because of some specious arguments which make him feel that doing it will being him benefit in this world and the next. If it is asked, is the one who does that out of ignorance a sinner, such as one who celebrates Christmas? The answer is that the one who is ignorant is not a sinner because he was unaware, but he has to be told, and if he persists he becomes a sinner.

The second type is imitation that is permissible. This means doing something which is not originally taken from the kuffaar, but the kuffaar do it too. This does not involve a prohibition on resembling them, but one may miss out on the benefits of differing from them.

Imitating or resembling the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) and others with regard to worldly matters is permissible only when the following conditions are met:

1 – That should not be any of their traditions or rituals by which they are distinguished.

2 – That should not be part of their religion. A matter can be proven to be part of their religion though a trustworthy source, such as an aayah of the Qur’aan or a hadeeth of His Messenger, or via well-established reports, such as the prostration of greeting which was permitted to the previous nations.

3 – That should not be anything in Islam which refers specifically to that matter. If there is a specific reference in Islam, either approving or disapproving of it, then we must follow what our religion says about it.

4 – This resemblance should not lead to going against any of the commands of sharee’ah.

5 – That should not involve celebrating any of their festivals.

6 – The resemblance should be only according to what is needed, and no more.

See al-Sunan wa’l-Athaar fi’l-Nahy ‘an al-Tashabbuh bi’l-Kuffaar by Suhayl Hasan, p. 58-59

Islam Q&A
                              Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)
                              Good stuff there.

It seems to be a definitional problem. When people say "imitating," I guess they mean imitating that is haram. Just saying imitating, however, doesn't necessarily convey the message to the reader.

Comment

Working...
                              X