or their anniversary

or a baby shower

or a bridal shower

or some other pagan/kufr event

and get upset when they dont get anything
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

that's interesting, i know quite a few, but me and my friends just tend to leave out all the 'birthday gifts' and things and because there are like 8 of us, what we do is this, whenever Eid's coming up we write our names on a piece of paper, put them all in a hat or something and then each one of us picks a name out (we dnt say the name out) and the friend's name we pick is the friend we get an eid present. This way we dnt spend like loads of money (and get our folks real angry) and all of us get a prezzy :D
    "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
    Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

If ze gets me what she's promised, I'll have no need for gifts the rest of my life. :love:
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

hmm..
        Valentine day is riduculous, but what is wrong with annivarsary and stuff?Why always narrow everything soo down,didnt the prophet say give each other gifts an stuff,that way love increases,so what is wrong if sisters want or wish to have presents and get upset if they dont.

well I guess if they give presents on other occasions,like eid and stuff there is no need to get upset,else it just seems a way of saving money..
        :p
        Man knows so much yet does so little...

Comment

outlandish, the prophet said, we have two holidays

and we can always justify doing wrong by saying how good it feels

but bottom line, we have been given a perfect way of life, it needs no additions

you wanna give gifts, you can send me some, anytime, anyday

just make sure they can pass the customs office
          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Yeh, you can send gifts any time, no need for specific days.

Lol at customs thing

Comment

awwwwww...abu....u remembered....

well...just send me a life-time supply of chocolates...

and i'll neva forget u

:D

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
                outlandish, the prophet said, we have two holidays

and we can always justify doing wrong by saying how good it feels

but bottom line, we have been given a perfect way of life, it needs no additions

you wanna give gifts, you can send me some, anytime, anyday

just make sure they can pass the customs office
                yes I agree islam is a perfect way of life, it doesnt need additions, but annivarsaries arent exactly pagan traditions, I seen it in many muslim countries being done, how can it be counted as an addition. Its just a way of remembering when u got married....
                but ok so on eid and big eid we can give gifts right, if not on the other occasions,so giving gifts is good and the prophet encouraged it.
                as for sending u the gift:D ,a gift is chosen by the person sending it,so promiss,after I have a job:p
                Man knows so much yet does so little...

Comment

as long as i get presents i dont care [email protected] day it is :p :p
                  .: Rufaida :.
                  .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                  http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                  “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                  but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                  ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                  <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

I send you present, make you very rich, put big money in your bank , just give me your bank account details.

Comment

In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind

Originally posted by GenN
                      I send you present, make you very rich, put big money in your bank , just give me your bank account details.
                      Assalamu alaikum Wa Rahmutallahi Wa Barakhatu Yaa Ummati :)

OMG ur nigerian conman?!??!!?
                      Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Originally posted by outlandish
                        yes I agree islam is a perfect way of life, it doesnt need additions, but annivarsaries arent exactly pagan traditions, I seen it in many muslim countries being done, how can it be counted as an addition. Its just a way of remembering when u got married....
                        Just because "things are done" in Muslims countries, it doesn't necessarily make it Islamic. I've heard of Muslims purchasing Christmas trees and having big feasts on New Year's in "majority-Muslim" countries.. so

Gift-giving is something we should be able to do on any day, whether or not the day is significant.. Why not remember your wife/husband on any other day (or days :p ) of the year rather than follow the "trend?" Why not surprise your friend with a gift on a random day and say, "I got this because I thought of you and love you for the sake of Allah," rather than the typical line, "Happy B-day," which isn't a prescribed holiday for Muslims.

~Ayah

Comment

In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind

Assalamu alaikum Wa Rahmutallahi Wa Barakhatu Yaa Ummati :)

All d pagan holz r [email protected] neways but do think Mother’s day is sweet even tho u shudn’t "celebr8" it cuz in Islam heaven lies under the feet of the Mother, you should respect her everyday :)

Exchanging presents and gifts in different occasions is a pleasant habit however gifts should be within one’s tolerable expenses. Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) told us that giving presents increases love among Muslims.
                          :)
                          Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

u can give me a gift anytime of the yr n il b happy :Don b'days/anniversary's...its a bit obvious ur goin2 get some sort of a gift, whereas u dnt expect anything on random days!
                            surprises r much better! :D
                            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

yeah...if ppl give u a present on just ne random day...its more sweet, cos if its ur bday they get u one cos they think they kinda "have to" but if its just any day...they got it cos they wanted to :inlove:
                              .: Rufaida :.
                              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                              “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
                              X