X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Somalis Arab???

Asalamu alykum brothers and sisters,
    Someone told me that Somalians are decendant from arab blood ..well obviosly any non-arab muslim would look at this as a great honor to say that "I coem from the bloodline of the country of my prohet Mohamed(saw)...maybe even more honor than those of Suadi Arabia. So i wanted to ask all of you if this cuold be true?

pictures of somalis
    http://www.ololfilm.com/images/somali_voices.gif
    http://www.stjoan.com/er6/immigration/somali.jpg
    http://www.actaonline.org/Images/200...nbur_teens.jpg

My tribe is called Daroot in arabic Benu Dawud
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darod
    Yes
    11.11%
    No
    88.89%

Re: Are somalians decendants of Arabs?

It is a well known fact that the two tribes of Ishaaq and Darood are descendants of Arab businessmen, there is ikhtilaaf on where exactly from, the two widely accepted opinions are Hijaz and Al Yaman.

I dont know much about Darood, but for example Tribe Ishaaq (Issaaq) is descendant of Sheikh Ishaaq (Issaaq) who married two women. One was ethnic Habash and the other Ethnic Somali and this further divides into Clans. There are three opinions where Sheikh Ishaaq is exactly from, some say the blessed land of Hijaaz, others state he is from across the Gulf of Aden in Yaman and some suggest he is from Iraq. Allaahu A'lam.
    Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
    "None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

Comment

Originally posted by cynerain View Post
      ..well obviosly any non-arab muslim would look at this as a great honor to say that "I coem from the bloodline of the country of my prohet Mohamed(saw)...maybe even more honor than those of Suadi Arabia. So i wanted to ask all of you if this cuold be true?
      Why would a non-arab muslim look on it as a great honour to find he is of "arab blood" (whatever that means)?

That would amount to an issue of pride and nafs. Why consider something a great honour when it will bring no help for you on the day of judgement?
      Last edited by Humanoid; 26-07-08, 05:15 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

There are some who claim that Darod is a decendent of the Prophet (SAW). Allahu Alam though, I'm from that tribe too, but you shouldn't feel pride that we come from that bloodline. Instead, be glad that you are in a religion where we are all brothers and sisters to the Prophet (SAW) and the great Muslims before and after him.
        مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
        It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
        Surah al-Baqarah
        [2:245]

.:.
        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by cynerain View Post
          "I coem from the bloodline of the country of my prohet Mohamed(saw)...maybe even more honor than those of Suadi Arabia. So i wanted to ask all of you if this cuold be true?
          ]
          err..your forgetting something... we're all descendants of Adam A.S including the Prophet saw?

anyway i know alot of 'arabs' (from africa) who look down on those who are not part of the 'great honour' this causes so much fitnah amongst muslims.. i swear you cant sit in a gathering without noticing one muslim glaring at the other over petty tribal/blood issues. lets get over the 'im better than you' mindset...cause thats what it will lead to.
          Last edited by al.khansaa; 26-07-08, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            There are some who claim that Darod is a decendent of the Prophet (SAW). Allahu Alam though, I'm from that tribe too, but you shouldn't feel pride that we come from that bloodline. Instead, be glad that you are in a religion where we are all brothers and sisters to the Prophet (SAW) and the great Muslims before and after him.

Pippin, you're Somali?

I wouldn't like to guess exactly where some Somali's originate from in the world but Africans in general look different, especially the East/West coast divide. The Eastern Africans are more likely to have certain Caucasian features in comparison to West Africans. If we can recognise that one group of Africans most likely have non-African descendants, then doesn't that put a question mark over about the origins and gene pool of other nations?
            Last edited by Kal-El; 26-07-08, 07:37 PM.
            If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post

Pippin, you're Somali?
              yep
              مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
              Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                yep
                Oh, snap. :rotfl: That's awesome

Comment

I've heard that roughly 3% of Somalis are genetically Arab, whilst the rest (excluding Barwanis, Bantus, etc.) are Cushetic. Most Somalis are E3b1 haplogroup, whilst most Arabs--forgive me, if I'm mistaken--are haplogroup J. I'm Darood, and I don't believe I have any Arab genes in me, whatsoever.

Comment

It wont increase your chances to Heaven...
                    But it is great some people want to be Arabs so badly
                    Bush lets make him Gusht ;]

Comment

Originally posted by Kurd View Post
                      It wont increase your chances to Heaven...
                      But it is great some people want to be Arabs so badly
                      We're all related one way or another

Comment

Oh, snap. :rotfl: That's awesome
                        I'm glad you feel that way.

Originally posted by taciturn View Post
                        I've heard that roughly 3% of Somalis are genetically Arab, whilst the rest (excluding Barwanis, Bantus, etc.) are Cushetic. Most Somalis are E3b1 haplogroup, whilst most Arabs--forgive me, if I'm mistaken--are haplogroup J. I'm Darood, and I don't believe I have any Arab genes in me, whatsoever.
                        This just confused me. If you are from Darood, then you have Arab blood since he's Arab. It isn't a lot of Arab blood, since I don't think any of us can claim we are from Darood originally. We all have our sub tribes, and sub tribes from them. So we have Arab blood, just an incredibly small amount....unless your parents/grandparents were Arabs.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

We're all related one way or another
                          Yeah that is true:up:
                          Bush lets make him Gusht ;]

Comment

Pippin, I've always believed that Somalis are Cushetic rather than Arab/Cushetic 'hybrids' of sorts; the only ones that differ genetically are Barwanis (Portuguese blood) and Somali Bantus (migrated from Tanzania, Malawi, etc.). But then again, we're all one people.

Comment

These children are all half-Somali. First one, one of his parents are Canadian. The second one, half-Swedish and the third one half Dutch. It seems like whenever, or the majority of the time, a Somali has a child with a Caucasian race, their child looks predominantly Caucasian or actually resemble their non-Somali parent more so. Whereas in other cases, when an African Caribbean has a child with a White person, you can tell the child is mixed-race - you cant with these kids
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X