X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are somalians decendants of Arabs?

Not all Somali's are Muslims Enigma
    If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
      Yes they are, or to be very precise, they were. I mean historically. Of course, I realise that today there are very few who converted to Christianity in the mass exodus that occurred post 1991.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
        actually im prousd to say 99% we're muslim...dont get me started on that!:up:
        btu its true i just wanted see is it was true ..but hey im still happy because every muslim is my brother... its still funny when i go into the mosque in england they think im a convert and im like ..."nah man im somali"...then they know.

Comment

I guess nothing historic or racial can be discussed without it turning chidlish.
          Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
          "None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

Comment

:start:

Thank you, Jung for your response, and :jkk: Kal-El, for your answer as well.
            Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."(Al-'An`ām, 162-163)

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum

It is not that Somalis are from Arabs or from other so called Caucasians. Somalis are East-Africans who had some mixing for sure. Just like the Yemenis have some African blood, East-Africans have some Semitic blood.

Some tribes must have more Arab than others that's for sure. The traditions, the names, the languages all have been altered. Just because Somali kept their language and dont behave like the Janjaweed deosnt mean they dont have any Arab blood.

Somalis and Ethipians/Eritreans are different than other Africans who got mixed with Arabs. While in North-Africa, in Egypt and Sudan, the Arabs dominated the country in the East things have been different. Not only the Arabs/Semitic immigration weren't so wide spread to change the countries but also they East-Africans were more conservative of what they already were. Northern Ethiopians incorporated their semitic past and created a new culture that is Ethiopian for them.
              For the Somalis and Ethiopians, the Semitic or Arabic influence is there but it is more subtile. If you speak Somali try to speak just Somali and tell me how many of your words really have Somali origin. You can actually improve your Arabic with your Somali but for that, you will need to know you are actually using Arabic.

Now, I did meet some Somali from the South who speak a weird language and I was told that's the original somali language.

The other thing is that even though Arabs are of J so more related to other Semites and Somalis and Ethiopians are mostly Eb31 (and for me thats problably where the pencil noses and tiny lips are from) when it come to languages, Semitic languages and Cu****ic languages are close. Ancient Egyptian, Berbere languages, Semitic languages and Cu****ic are all related.

But let me tell you one thing I hate and please listen if you are an Arab.

Please educate yourself and dont ever tell a Somali that they look good because they look Arab :D because sorry but the typical Somali look (which is mostly medium dark-I myself discovered that only a few years go I used to think most somalis were light skinned-+ pencil nose or cute little nose isnt due to Arabs. Even the tiny lips that would make some sisters feel they need some lip enhancement :P arent due to the Arabs since many of you have actually fuller lips than us!

And please dont tell us we are more beautiful than other Africans because we have Arab blood because that's a double insult A berbere sister whispered that to my ear while a colleague who is from West Africa was next to me and she didnt even give me the opportunity to protest. I was mad but I didnt want to fight with the only Muslim at my work place.

Btw Allah gave different attributes to different ethnic groups and maybe you havent discovered of the beauty of some other group. For one thing, I find that Western African women have great bodies so dont think you are more beautiful than people you dont know. It is one thing to not be attracted to certain type of physical traits but it is another to criticize Allah's creation and feel too proud.

Remember most of Arabs have African blood and if you have any East African, you probably cant see it today but many of you have West or Southern African blood and I am sure some of your nice features are from those African grand grand grand... grandmothers.

LTL

Comment

i know a lot of somalis from minneapolis, good brothers, strong family ties

a few are on that khat stuff, but who is perfect?
                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

LTL, but Somalis in terms of culture and many things are very very different from Ethiopians. For example, while Ethiopians used to write for a very long period Somalis are traditionally oral people who never used to write and only started to write a few years ago. Also, we know that this Ethiopians were Christians for a very long time (remember Najashi) while Somalis are all Muslims. While in terms of looks, they look similar, in many other fields like religion, culture, the writing of the language, Somalis and Ethiopians are very very different. It is quite puzzling.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                    i know a lot of somalis from minneapolis, good brothers, strong family ties

a few are on that khat stuff, but who is perfect?
                    Yeah bro, that is the problem with Somalis wherever you go. Khat.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma Dreamer View Post
                      Khat.
                      Hmm.. that seems like somthing to try out. Neverheard of it, a quick search says Holland allows. What don't they allow! Amazing how you can do everything there that is against Islam, but it is a crime to critize Islam there. Strange.

Comment

i think one of the worst aspects of american chattel slavery is that african americans were totally ripped from their history, culture, language, familial ties, religion

we look at many of you muslims who can trace your history thru hundreds of years with a sad envy

we are stuck being bill jones, or michael jackson, names of former slave masters

but then again, many muslims say there is no such thing as a muslim name
                        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

LTL, but Somalis in terms of culture and many things are very very different from Ethiopians. For example, while Ethiopians used to write for a very long period Somalis are traditionally oral people who never used to write and only started to write a few years ago. Also, we know that this Ethiopians were Christians for a very long time (remember Najashi) while Somalis are all Muslims. While in terms of looks, they look similar, in many other fields like religion, culture, the writing of the language, Somalis and Ethiopians are very very different. It is quite puzzling.
                          Enigma are you a Somalian?

Comment

Originally posted by enchanted_rose View Post
                            Enigma are you a Somalian?
                            Yep. Are you?

Comment

Where from Somalia are you guys from? If you don't mind me asking.
                              مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                              It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                              Surah al-Baqarah
                              [2:245]

.:.
                              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                              ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Yep. Are you?
                                Yep me too :D

Pippin my mum is from a place called Borama and my dads family has lived in Kenya for the past 8/9 generations.

Comment

Working...
                                X