Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent : state of impurity and entering a masjid

As salamwalikum,

Quick question since the research button functions like my feet, I'm supposed to go to two lecture this afternoon, BUT my friend who's supposed to come with me is on menses. Can she stay in a room in the masjid to listen to the lecture?
    From what I read it's a no except if she needs to go through it. But I found a website which looks like salafi (it's called salaf something) and it says that there"s nothing which forbids it.

So yes-no
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Re: Urgent : state of impurity and entering a masjid

:wswrwb:

See this: http://www.qa.sunnipath.com/issue_vi...D=2110&CATE=32

It's a hanafI source, by the way.

ssalamu alaykum
    In the name of Allah the Inspirer of truth.
    If the masjid is a permanent masjid that has been dedicated by the community for such and is considered
    a permanent endowment or like an endowment. This means that is not a rented apartment, house or
    industrial unit which is used temporarily until the community can afford to purchase a permanent place.
    In the above case it would be permissible for menstruating women to enter into the prayer area and take
    part in classes. However, since it is used as a masjid for the daily prayers then menstruating women
    should not enter into the prayer area unnecessarily. It would be superior to arrange seating for all the
    women or at least the menstruating ones in an adjacent room. However, if this is not possible then
    menstruating women could also enter into the women's prayer area of the prayer hall.
    In the case that it is a proper masjid then it would not be permissible for menstruating women to enter into
    the prayer area [the shar'i masjid] for this or other reasons. However, if there are multi-purpose rooms
    within the building which are not designated permanently for prayer (as is found in many Islamic centers
    nowadays), then menstruating women are allowed to enter into those rooms for classes. Basically, a
    masjid is the room or hall that has been permanently designated for prayer, even if there are other rooms
    in the building.
    Last edited by .mirror.; 29-01-12, 12:46 PM.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

This would depend how the mosque was designated when it was laid-out. In most multi-purpose
      mosques, it is only the prayer area that is designated as a mosque, and the classrooms and other
      facilities are not part of the mosque. If this is the case, then a menstruating woman may enter
      such areas, though not the prayer area, because of the clear hadiths prohibiting this.
      The same ruling would apply to the classes you asked about.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

So attending a lecture is not considered as "necessary"? I've never went to the masjid im going this afternoon, so I dont know how it is designated. I know there's a sister's room, but is it considered as a prayer area like the men's downstairs? Cause the women pray in it too, and then they stay listening to the lecture. I think it is a "multifunction" masjid with classrooms, so if she enters it without staying inside the prayer space then it"s fine apparently?
        Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

It's probably too late now, but InshaAllah for the future:

If women pray there and then sit there to listen to the lecture, then the area is a prayer area, so she can't enter there. However, if there is an office, or a bookstore, backroom somewhere where people don't usually pray, then she can enter there. :insha: So, basically, any place that's permanently intended as a prayer area, you cannot enter there.

I'm sure you can ring them up and ask this question, because if they hold classes and lectures, then this isn't the first time they've had this question asked to them. Or most likely, they probably have some accommodation for sisters on menses, too, if it's a big masjid.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
            It's probably too late now, but InshaAllah for the future:

If women pray there and then sit there to listen to the lecture, then the area is a prayer area, so she can't enter there. However, if there is an office, or a bookstore, backroom somewhere where people don't usually pray, then she can enter there. :insha: So, basically, any place that's permanently intended as a prayer area, you cannot enter there.

I'm sure you can ring them up and ask this question, because if they hold classes and lectures, then this isn't the first time they've had this question asked to them. Or most likely, they probably have some accommodation for sisters on menses, too, if it's a big masjid.
            It's not that it was too late, she got me angry a bit so I didn't go with her. I think your post is clear to me. Everywhere except the prayer area

Comment

:jkk:

Comment

Working...
              X