yh but koyla is crap
    I love Koyla!!

Leave a comment:

• aadil77
    replied
    Re: Leicester Restaurants with Private Family Rooms

Originally posted by debonaire View Post
    :wswrwb:
    Doesn't Koyla have a separate section? (Been a while since I last went there)
    0116 2628710
    yh but koyla is crap

Leave a comment:

• debonaire
    replied

Doesn't Koyla have a separate section? (Been a while since I last went there)
    0116 2628710

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

sos/aadil: :jkk:

Leave a comment:

• aadil77
    replied

for decent family restaurants you're best off going to brum cos we don't have them in leicester

an najeeb is the only one i'd recommend as it has purda and a proper prayer room

Leave a comment:

• sis_on_sunnah
    replied

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=woo...:429,r:7,s:118 barakallahu feek.

blinds as in curtains? no, they put like a small wooden screen..i don't know how to explain it i am afraid...roosters have them wooden ones with small holes so ppl would actually be able to look if they decided to.. i am pretty sure moghul have a similiar parda, tbh i remember it being wooden but cant really remember if it had holes. i am really fussy with purdah so i just find that the wooden ones are not that good because the top bit is all open, whereas with the curtain one you are completely closed off...

however, if you are going with family i doubt that people would actually be so pathetic as to stare in? it does happen but mainly when there's a group of sisters going on their own.

edit - i have added a pic but the purdah is not like that, it is smaller but that kind of style minus the top part as they all appear to be wooden

the purdah in crescent i like this, not the most appealing but much much much better coverage, obv it is all closed off as opposed to the pic

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=hos...t:429,r:11,s:0
    Last edited by sis_on_sunnah; 28-01-12, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

:jkk:

sos: so apart from the one you mentioned, the others have small blinds that they put up?

Leave a comment:

• sis_on_sunnah
    replied

assalamu alaykum

as far as i am aware, there are no restaurants in leicester with private family rooms. with regard to purdah facilities then alhumdu'lilah, they are a few:

roosters - london road

an najeeb - conduit street

moghul durbar - east park road

crescent grill house - nedham street

if you want full coverage (as in purdah) then i would recommend cresent because they have these massive curtains so it is impossible for anyone else to see you eating, unlike the other places where the prdah is wooden and i have found that some men try to stare through there... also i dont think they do asian food, more grilled like steak and chicken fillets and peri peri the food is masha'Allah nice, just dont expect a jazzy cool looking restaurant because it doesnt look all that but you will deffo get the quality

their number is 0116 253111 i dont know the postcode, but if you decide to go there call them and they should give direction
    Last edited by sis_on_sunnah; 28-01-12, 02:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MWarrior
    replied

Big John's
    Last edited by MWarrior; 28-01-12, 12:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

ok. regardnig an-najeeb Im assuming its private family rooms, bit pointless going for a family meal if the ladies in another room and gents in another room?

Leave a comment:

• abu_fulan_fulan
    replied

just rang a brother up from leicester and he said an-najeeb is good as well and has curtained off areas for sisters who wear niqab

1b Conduit Street
    Leicester, LE2 0JN
    Tel: 0116 255 1300

Leave a comment:

• .: Anna :.
    replied

Originally posted by abu_fulan_fulan View Post

from what I remember moghul durbar had curtained off facilities for sisters and families, there are probably others as well.

136 East Park Road Leicestershire, Leicester LE5 4QB
    0116 276 1888
    we went there, it was a few yrs back now but i think the food was decent and i remember the curtained off facilities was good, nice and private and they had plenty of spaces that could b curtained off not like some restaurants only has one 'private room' and u have to book. so masha allah it was good

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• abu_fulan_fulan
    replied

from what I remember moghul durbar had curtained off facilities for sisters and families, there are probably others as well.

136 East Park Road Leicestershire, Leicester LE5 4QB
    0116 276 1888

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

charming. i take it lesta has no such restaurants??

lemme extend it then. any restaurants that one would recommend getting take out from? ideally something non-asian but if asian and decent then thats good aswell.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X