Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leicester Restaurants with Private Family Rooms

:salams

Please can the people who know, inform of any decent places to eat out in Leicester that have private family rooms. and if you really recommend somwhere post the telephone number for booking a room.

:jkk:

ps doesn't matter which part of lesta, so long as the food is decent and you have a postcode.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Re: Leicester Restaurants with Private Family Rooms

charming. i take it lesta has no such restaurants??

lemme extend it then. any restaurants that one would recommend getting take out from? ideally something non-asian but if asian and decent then thats good aswell.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

:wswrwb:

from what I remember moghul durbar had curtained off facilities for sisters and families, there are probably others as well.

136 East Park Road Leicestershire, Leicester LE5 4QB
      0116 276 1888

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by abu_fulan_fulan View Post

from what I remember moghul durbar had curtained off facilities for sisters and families, there are probably others as well.

136 East Park Road Leicestershire, Leicester LE5 4QB
          0116 276 1888
          we went there, it was a few yrs back now but i think the food was decent and i remember the curtained off facilities was good, nice and private and they had plenty of spaces that could b curtained off not like some restaurants only has one 'private room' and u have to book. so masha allah it was good
          .: Rufaida :.
          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

just rang a brother up from leicester and he said an-najeeb is good as well and has curtained off areas for sisters who wear niqab

1b Conduit Street
            Leicester, LE2 0JN
            Tel: 0116 255 1300

Comment

ok. regardnig an-najeeb Im assuming its private family rooms, bit pointless going for a family meal if the ladies in another room and gents in another room?

Comment

Big John's
                Last edited by MWarrior; 28-01-12, 12:35 AM.

Comment

assalamu alaykum

as far as i am aware, there are no restaurants in leicester with private family rooms. with regard to purdah facilities then alhumdu'lilah, they are a few:

roosters - london road

an najeeb - conduit street

moghul durbar - east park road

crescent grill house - nedham street

if you want full coverage (as in purdah) then i would recommend cresent because they have these massive curtains so it is impossible for anyone else to see you eating, unlike the other places where the prdah is wooden and i have found that some men try to stare through there... also i dont think they do asian food, more grilled like steak and chicken fillets and peri peri the food is masha'Allah nice, just dont expect a jazzy cool looking restaurant because it doesnt look all that but you will deffo get the quality

their number is 0116 253111 i dont know the postcode, but if you decide to go there call them and they should give direction
                  Last edited by sis_on_sunnah; 28-01-12, 02:28 AM.
                  http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

sos: so apart from the one you mentioned, the others have small blinds that they put up?

Comment

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=woo...:429,r:7,s:118 barakallahu feek.

blinds as in curtains? no, they put like a small wooden screen..i don't know how to explain it i am afraid...roosters have them wooden ones with small holes so ppl would actually be able to look if they decided to.. i am pretty sure moghul have a similiar parda, tbh i remember it being wooden but cant really remember if it had holes. i am really fussy with purdah so i just find that the wooden ones are not that good because the top bit is all open, whereas with the curtain one you are completely closed off...

however, if you are going with family i doubt that people would actually be so pathetic as to stare in? it does happen but mainly when there's a group of sisters going on their own.

edit - i have added a pic but the purdah is not like that, it is smaller but that kind of style minus the top part as they all appear to be wooden

the purdah in crescent i like this, not the most appealing but much much much better coverage, obv it is all closed off as opposed to the pic

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=hos...t:429,r:11,s:0
                      Last edited by sis_on_sunnah; 28-01-12, 06:23 PM.
                      http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

for decent family restaurants you're best off going to brum cos we don't have them in leicester

an najeeb is the only one i'd recommend as it has purda and a proper prayer room

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                        www.QuranicAudio.com
                        www.Quran.com

Comment

sos/aadil: :jkk:

Comment

Doesn't Koyla have a separate section? (Been a while since I last went there)
                            0116 2628710

Comment

Originally posted by debonaire View Post
                              Doesn't Koyla have a separate section? (Been a while since I last went there)
                              0116 2628710
                              yh but koyla is crap

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                              www.QuranicAudio.com
                              www.Quran.com

Comment

Working...
                              X