Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Shaitan speak to me?

Assalaam Alikum.

About two nights ago, I was lying in bed waiting to go to sleep. The lights were out but I my mind was still pretty active. I was thinking about various things when suddenly I heard a voice that said "There is no truth" followed by speaking a language that I couldn't recognize.

It startled me because I almost thought it was in the room with me. I was not asleep and I was still awake.

Was this a jinn or shaitan?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: Did Shaitan speak to me?

Could've been either. I experienced something similar a few years ago but what's worse was my voice was impaired and I was suffering from bouts of paralysis at the time so I couldn't recite anything at first. Then a few minutes later (which felt like very long minutes) I regained the use of my hand and switched a recitation track on my phone and then was able to switch the light on. No one else was in the room but before switching the recitation on it did feel like there was a presence in the room. Very freaky and scary at the time but just reciting something will get rid of it or if you can't speak then try to recite in your head and that'll help get rid of it.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

creepy... Recite Ayat al Kursi before sleeping inshaAllah

Comment

defo!
        لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Probably, either way seek refuge my brother seek refuge every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
            Assalaam Alikum.

About two nights ago, I was lying in bed waiting to go to sleep. The lights were out but I my mind was still pretty active. I was thinking about various things when suddenly I heard a voice that said "There is no truth" followed by speaking a language that I couldn't recognize.

It startled me because I almost thought it was in the room with me. I was not asleep and I was still awake.

bro maybe you were dreaming. ALLAHUALAM happened this to me too (not the voice thing). and if you ask me i will say the same thing that i was awake and was thinking about various things. but yes in your case it could be shaytaan or jinn ALLAHUALAM
            like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
            [Al-Hadid, 20]

Comment

we take it really lightly but reciting atleast ayatul kursi is a must before sleeping. May Allah give me and all tawfeeq to be punctual on this.
              لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

could have been a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                  we take it really lightly but reciting atleast ayatul kursi is a must before sleeping. May Allah give me and all tawfeeq to be punctual on this.
                  Ameen.

Definitely get into the habit of doing this, Wolfn. In addition, try and read al-Mu'awwidhatayn (Surah al-Falaq and Surah an-Nas) as these were mentioned by Rasoolullah :saw: as being particularly effective in seeking refuge from Shaytaan.

Additionally, try and recite or play a recording of Surah al-Baqarah regularly as Rasoolullah :saw: told us that Shaytaan flees from the house in which this Surah is recited.

These are good habits for everyone to try and adopt insha'Allah.

Comment

Assalaam Alikum.

:wswrwb:

Were you taking any hard drugs at the time ?
                    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

^

Comment

When I had sleep paralysis one time I heard a voice whispering in my ear but I couldn't recognize what he was saying? Can I ask what the voice sounded like?

Comment

Originally posted by Uthmani View Post
                          When I had sleep paralysis one time I heard a voice whispering in my ear but I couldn't recognize what he was saying? Can I ask what the voice sounded like?
                          You're asking us what it sounded like ?!
                          'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Uthmani View Post

Mine was a deep voice.
                            Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Mine was a deep voice.
                              Hmm mine was a very snide almost arrogant type of voice, you know those ones that snobbish people.

Comment

Working...
                              X