Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

:salams
    We should all fast tomorrow because it's sunnah, the prophet :saw: used to fast on Mondays and thursdays. He :saw: would do this because the deeds of mankind are presented to Allah (swt) on Mondays and Thursdays, and the prophet :saw: liked that his actions were presented to Allah (swt) while he :saw: fasted.

Benefits of fasting
    -"Every servant of Allah who observes fast for a day in the way of Allah, Allah would remove, because of this day, his face farther from the Fire (of Hell) to the extent of seventy years' distance." [Muslim]
    - "Fasting is a shield with which one may protect oneself from the Fire." [Sahih al-Jami, 4/114]
    - Prevents us from saying/doing anything haraam.
    - Reminds us that Allah (swt) sees what we're doing.
    - Don't forget there's also the VIP gate to get into Jannah (only for the people who fast)!

So come on lets fast tomorrow and get closer to Allah (swt)! Imagine the amount of ajar we'll get and imagine how pleased our Rubb will be with us, don't you want to please Ar-Rahman? We can do this, lets make it a habit to fast on Mondays and Thursdays :up:
    Last edited by Salams2All; 10-02-14, 02:34 AM.

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

:wswrwb::jkk:

Comment

sorry for triple post
      Last edited by mm068; 20-01-12, 09:19 PM. Reason: triple post
      Allahumma anta rabbee la ilaha illa anta, khalaqtanee wa-ana ‘abduka, wa-ana ‘alaa ‘ahdika wawa’dika mas-tata’tu, a’oothu bika min sharri ma sana’tu, aboo-o laka bini’matika ‘alaya, wa-aboo-o bizambee, faghfir lee, fa-innahu la yaghfiruz-zunooba illa ant.
      May Allah forgive the believing men and believing women, those who have passed away and those who are alive! AAMEEN

Comment

As Salam Alikum

its also very beneficial to fast on the 13th, 14th, and the 15th of the islamic months.....

It is mustahabb (recommended) to fast three days each month, especially the 13th, 14th and 15th of the month which are known as ayyam al-beed (the white days).

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: My close friend [the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلّم) ] advised me to do three things which I will not give up until I die: fasting three days of each month, praying Duha and going to sleep after Witr. [Bukhari and Muslim].

It was narrated that Abu Dharr said: The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلّم) said to me: “If you fast any part of the month, then fast the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth.” [Tirmidhi].

http://deenwayoflife.wordpress.com/2...ayyam-al-beed/
        Allahumma anta rabbee la ilaha illa anta, khalaqtanee wa-ana ‘abduka, wa-ana ‘alaa ‘ahdika wawa’dika mas-tata’tu, a’oothu bika min sharri ma sana’tu, aboo-o laka bini’matika ‘alaya, wa-aboo-o bizambee, faghfir lee, fa-innahu la yaghfiruz-zunooba illa ant.
        May Allah forgive the believing men and believing women, those who have passed away and those who are alive! AAMEEN

Comment

sorry for triple post
          Last edited by mm068; 20-01-12, 09:18 PM. Reason: triple post

Comment

Assalamu Alaykum :)

Monday guys let's fast!

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

funny you should mention this

i was just reading a post on Facebook about this very subject

Fasting as a group
              Explained by Shaykh Uthaymeen

Question: Noble Shaykh what is the ruling on fasting as a group? For example a
              group of people gather and agree to fast specific days such as Mondays and
              Thursdays for the purpose of cooperation upon righteousness and tawqa. This is
              because the person is weak by himself and his brothers will strengthen him. What
              is the ruling upon this; may Allah benefit us by way of you.
              Shaykh Uthaymeen: My view is that this is not from the Sunnah and it is a type of
              innovation; if the people agree upon this. This is because if we disapprove of
              making the takbeer as a group or remembering Allah as a group, for example,
              then (we also disapprove) of fasting as a group. And fasting is worship, thus it is
              not befitting that it be performed as a group; but if it is done without agreeing to
              it then there is no problem.
              For example, coincidentally we happen to be fasting on Monday thus some of us
              say to others, ‘whoever is fasting then we shall break our fast at so and so’s
              house’; for example, and we agree to have iftar at this person’s house then there
              is nothing wrong with this because this affair was not premeditated and it was not
              worship performed as a group.
              And gathering for worship or worshipping as an individual is from the affairs of
              the legislation. For this reason if Allah did not prescribe for us to pray in
              congregation we would not have prayed in congregation, and prayer in
              congregation would have been an innovation, but Allah prescribed for us prayer
              in congregation. Similarly, fasting as a group and agreeing upon it ahead of time is
              a type of innovation.
              Someone may respond to us by mentioning the fast of the month of Ramadan. Do
              we not fast as a group (during the month of Ramadan)? Of course; but this is how
              it has been prescribed. It has been prescribed for all of the people to fast during this month. Thus it is my view that this method should be refrained from and the
              person should seek help from Allah the Exalted and count on himself.
              And if the individual cannot perform acts of worship except when leaning on a
              stick, meaning except when others are performing acts of worship then his
              resolve and determination is weak.

.لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
              نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Wait Abu M what if my intention is to remind people it's a sunnah to fast on the two days is that allowed?
                Last edited by Salams2All; 07-10-12, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Love........Food...............Too...............m uch

I might fast in the winter when the fast opens at 4 :)
                  My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
                  ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
                  “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                    Love........Food...............Too...............m uch

I might fast in the winter when the fast opens at 4 :)
                    british summer time ends this month yay

Comment

Monday tomorrow.

Comment

“The one who tells another about something good is like the one who does it.” [Muslim]

:jkk:
                        º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post
                          “The one who tells another about something good is like the one who does it.” [Muslim]

:jkk:
                          :D wa iyyak

Comment

If possible then people should try and fast at least 3 days a month, it will be very beneficial In Sha allah.

Comment

Fasting on Monday and Thrusday

It was narrated from Abu Qataadah al-Ansaari that the Messenger of Allaah :saw: was asked about fasting on Mondays. He said: “On that day I was born, and on it the Revelation came to me.” [Narrated by Muslim, 1162.]

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet :saw: was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’i, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044.]

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah :saw: said:“Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041.]

Observing Sawm on Monday and Thursday is permissible. It is related by Abu Dawud on the authority of Usamah ibn Zayd (may Allah be pleased with both of them) that the Prophet :saw: replied to the question of why he always observed Sawm on Monday and Thursday saying: The works of the people are presented (to Allah) on Monday and Thursday. In another narration: I would like my deeds to be shown (to Allah) while I am fasting. This Hadith clearly indicates that observing Sawm on Monday and Thursday is permissible and is a Sunnah (supererogatory act of worship following the example of the Prophet :saw:). Moreover, observing Sawm for three days of every month is also a Sunnah as stated in the Hadith authentically reported from the Prophet :saw:.

Sahl b. Sa'd (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger :saw: as saying: In Paradise there is a gate which is called Rayyan through which only the observers of fast would enter on the Day on Resurrection. None else would enter along with them. It would be proclaimed: Where are the observers of fast that they should be admitted into it? -and when the last of them would enter, it would be closed and no one would enter it. [Sahih Muslim, Kitab Al-Sawm 2569.]

Comment

Working...
                              X