Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

Originally posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post

*sigh*

Im still digging out of my hole of kaffaarahs

WALLAHI I WILL NEVER BRAKE ANOTHER..

i mean, inshaa Allah I will never break another oath
    :start:

:salams

Hey bro, check this thread out: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...is-death)-READ

Btw:

Why not fast one day on and one day off? wouldn't that be better?

Insha-Allah.
    To all the Muslims. I am your brother and I love you all for the sake of Allah. May Allah unite the Muslimeen; Ameen.

Comment

How weird! Jews fast two days a week, don't know what days, so do Orthodox Christians but on Tue and Thur I think. I wonder why everyone does two days?

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post
        How weird! Jews fast two days a week, don't know what days, so do Orthodox Christians but on Tue and Thur I think. I wonder why everyone does two days?
        Yea, It's sunnah and not compulsory. Our Prophet Muhammad (saw) use to fast Monday and Thursday.

’Aa’ishah (ra) narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (saw) , used to fast Mondays and Thursdays [An-Nasaa’i, At Tirmithi and Ibn Maajah]

Go through my post above about some other fasting days.

And Allah knows the best.

Comment

InshaALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim4 View Post
            Yea, It's sunnah and not compulsory. Our Prophet Muhammad (saw) use to fast Monday and Thursday.

’Aa’ishah (ra) narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (saw) , used to fast Mondays and Thursdays [An-Nasaa’i, At Tirmithi and Ibn Maajah]

Go through my post above about some other fasting days.

And Allah knows the best.
            yea I wrote them down. I know it's not compulsory but if I write down everything and do everything right from my start, then if something is way to hard then I can always stop that thing, but if I can do as much as I can and it becomes normal for me right from the off, then it's all good.

Fasting is good for ppl anyways. Great thread and info.

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post
              yea I wrote them down. I know it's not compulsory but if I write down everything and do everything right from my start, then if something is way to hard then I can always stop that thing, but if I can do as much as I can and it becomes normal for me right from the off, then it's all good.

Fasting is good for ppl anyways. Great thread and info.

Yes. That's better. As of now concentrate on the basics and the compulsory acts (the fardh), and rest will follow slowly and steadily inshaallah.

Information on any issue required you are most welcome.

And allah knows the best.

Comment

There is no benefit to fasting at any time other than what is prescribed for Ramadan.

Unless it is done for health reasons!
                Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahmatt View Post
                  There is no benefit to fasting at any time other than what is prescribed for Ramadan.

Yet the messenger :saw: fasted Money and Thursday, and recommended the fast of Yunoos (Was it yunoos?) which is to fast one day and not fast the other.

You have spoken a lie, or have made an error, repent for it is not good to speak when lacking knowledge for you are held for it on the day of judgement.
                  To all the Muslims. I am your brother and I love you all for the sake of Allah. May Allah unite the Muslimeen; Ameen.

Comment

Doing anything for the sake of Allah has benefit and reward. Stop speaking without religious proof to back up your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamad View Post

Yet the messenger :saw: fasted Money and Thursday, and recommended the fast of Yunoos (Was it yunoos?) which is to fast one day and not fast the other.

You have spoken a lie, or have made an error, repent for it is not good to speak when lacking knowledge for you are held for it on the day of judgement.
                      Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                      Doing anything for the sake of Allah has benefit and reward. Stop speaking without religious proof to back up your claims.
                      I should clarify. There is no benefit to fasting at any time other than what is prescribed for Ramadhan according to the Quran.

Doing something for the sake of worship to God is fine by me. Fast by all means if this is your intention.

Prescribing the need to fast just because the prophet allegedly fasted does not constitute a religious requirement, and therefore does not result in any added religious benefit.

Do not innovate religion. Innovation is the work of satan!

An example of innovation here, from verse 136 onwards:
                      http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/quran/00616.htm

136. Out of what God Hath produced in abundance In tilth and in cattle, They assigned Him a share: They say, according to their fancies: "This is for God, and this"—
                      For Our "partners"! But the share of their "partners" Reacheth not God, whilst The share of God reacheth Their "partners"! Evil(And unjust) is their assignment!
                      137. Even so, in the eyes Of most of the Pagans, Their "partners" made alluring The slaughter of their children, In order to lead them To their own destruction,
                      And cause confusion In their religion. If God had willed, They would not have done so: But leave alone Them and their inventions.
                      Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

Comment

:jkk:
                        And He found you lost and guided you,
                        ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                        " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                        ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

I should clarify. There is no benefit to fasting at any time other than what is prescribed for Ramadhan according to the Quran.

Doing something for the sake of worship to God is fine by me. Fast by all means if this is your intention.

Prescribing the need to fast just because the prophet allegedly fasted does not constitute a religious requirement, and therefore does not result in any added religious benefit.

Do not innovate religion. Innovation is the work of satan!

An example of innovation here, from verse 136 onwards:
                          http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/quran/00616.htm

136. Out of what God Hath produced in abundance In tilth and in cattle, They assigned Him a share: They say, according to their fancies: "This is for God, and this"—
                          For Our "partners"! But the share of their "partners" Reacheth not God, whilst The share of God reacheth Their "partners"! Evil(And unjust) is their assignment!
                          137. Even so, in the eyes Of most of the Pagans, Their "partners" made alluring The slaughter of their children, In order to lead them To their own destruction,
                          And cause confusion In their religion. If God had willed, They would not have done so: But leave alone Them and their inventions.

Do you doubt the hadith and the word of the Sahabah?!?!

Without it there is no Islam, for by Allah, the way we pray, fast, eat, drink, use the bathroom is from the Hadith, and to All those who doubt the hadith, let them know they doubt the promise of Allah to preserve His religion.

You are truly misguided there is no doubt the Prophet :saw: fasted and it is a Sunnah, just like Qiyam Al Layl is a Sunnah, or did the prophet :saw: only allegdly pray at night? Did he also allegdly use miswak? Did he allegdly sleep on his right?

Did he allegdly clean himself with water after using the bathroom?

Did he allegdly put his right hand over his left during prayer? Did he allegdly prostrate during prayer?

Whast else is alleged?

You have no idea the danger of your words, for you based on the Qur'an and Hadith are on the edge of Islam and are almost into kufr (disbelief) which equates to eternal punishment in the afterlife, and Allah knows best.

Comment

Doubt entails some kind of belief. He outright rejects the two as he has rejected the religion of Islam.
                            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Without it there is no Islam, for by Allah, the way we pray, fast, eat, drink, use the bathroom is from the Hadith, and to All those who doubt the hadith, let them know they doubt the promise of Allah to preserve His religion.

You are truly misguided there is no doubt the Prophet :saw: fasted and it is a Sunnah, just like Qiyam Al Layl is a Sunnah, or did the prophet :saw: only allegdly pray at night? Did he also allegdly use miswak? Did he allegdly sleep on his right?

Did he allegdly clean himself with water after using the bathroom?

Did he allegdly put his right hand over his left during prayer? Did he allegdly prostrate during prayer?

Whast else is alleged?

You have no idea the danger of your words, for you based on the Qur'an and Hadith are on the edge of Islam and are almost into kufr (disbelief) which equates to eternal punishment in the afterlife, and Allah knows best.
                              Sorry. Quick question. Is my signature visible?

Comment

Sorry. Quick question. Is my signature visible?
                                Yes, the kufr is visible.

Comment

Working...
                                X