• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post
    Time to bump my other thread

:jkk: for reminding me :D
    Wa iyyaki

Question for you: Can we do both voluntary fasts? [i.e. 1- White days and 2- Mondays & Thursdays.]
    Last edited by Muslimman3; 11-08-14, 06:25 AM.
    ومن يتوكل على الله فهو حسبه
    And whosoever puts his trust in Allah,
    Then He will suffice him.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimman3 View Post
      Wa iyyak

Question for you: Can we do both voluntary fasts [i.e. 1- White days and 2- Mondays & Thursdays?]
      I don't know if you can have a double intention for nafl fasting. I was taught that you can't, but I believe there's a difference of opinion.

You should ask abu musab

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Reminder for everyone: If you are not able to fast on Mondays & Thursdays on a regular basis, you should fast instead for 3 days during the month [i.e. White days] because Allah loves the deeds that are done continuously even if they are smaller.

The Prophet (ﷺ) was asked, "What deeds are loved most by Allah?" He said, "The most regular constant deeds even though they may be few." He added, 'Don't take upon yourselves, except the deeds which are within your ability." [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (ﷺ), reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to say:
        Observe moderation (in doing deeds), and if you fail to observe it perfectly, try to do as much as you can do (to live up to this ideal of moderation) and be happy for none would be able to get into Paradise because of his deeds alone. They (the Companions of the Holy Prophet) said: Allah's Messenger, not even you? Thereupon he said: Not even I, but that Allah wraps me in His Mercy, and bear this in mind that the deed loved most by Allah is one which is done constantly even though it is small. [Sahih Muslim]

A'isha, the wife of the Prophet (ﷺ), said, "The actions which the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, loved most were those which were done most constantly." [Muwatta Malik]
        Last edited by Muslimman3; 11-08-14, 07:06 AM.
        ومن يتوكل على الله فهو حسبه
        And whosoever puts his trust in Allah,
        Then He will suffice him.

Comment

^ :jkk:

tomorrow is Thursdaaaay

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Mondaaaaaaaay :D

Comment

Mondaay

Comment

Thursdaaaay

Comment

This is a great sunnah.
                  "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Today's Thursdaaaay!

Comment

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post
                      Today's Thursdaaaay!
                      perhaps it would be better if you reminded those on the forum on a sunday and a wednesday. As it would be too late on the day to remind them they could/should fast.

Comment

Originally posted by UFM View Post
                        perhaps it would be better if you reminded those on the forum on a sunday and a wednesday. As it would be too late on the day to remind them they could/should fast.
                        Yeah it really would be

sorry guys reminding a bit late again today... thursday

Comment

I know I know.. I'm bumping this really late, but whoever is still able to please fast tomorrow! :D

Comment

Fast tomorrow. It's Monday. :)
                            [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Fast Tomorrow. It's Thursday.
                              [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

How many on this forum are fasting ??

Comment

Working...
                                X