Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Protein suppliments

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
    aadil77 bcaa is good to get a growth spike.

madara do you have any sources as to why casein is better for weight loss please? i use casein in the evenings because its more slower digested to fuel the muscles during sleep but i havent heard of anything about it being better for weight loss?
    First off don't waste your money on BCAAs unless you are working out in a fasted state or running immediately after lifting (they prevent muscle catabolism...that's about it and you get bcaas in everything from your protein supplements to the food you eat throughout the day)

One study I read showed that Casein/Whey (Slow and fast release) protein pre and post workout built more muscle than whey/casein/bcaa which shows bcaa has very little affect on muscle growth.

I say casein is better for weight loss simply because like you said it is absorbed over 7/8 hours vs whey which is suppose to give you an insulin spike to get nutrients to your muscles when your muscles are most sensitive. I made this recommendation on what people like the OP tend to do. They don't know what they are taking. A person like that will take a whey protein shake with their post workout meal and wonder whey they are hungry/gaining weight having eaten a full meal.

You should really think of these things as meal replacements. 23 g/46g of protein isn't a snack.

Comment

Originally posted by madara View Post
      First off don't waste your money on BCAAs unless you are working out in a fasted state or running immediately after lifting (they prevent muscle catabolism...that's about it and you get bcaas in everything from your protein supplements to the food you eat throughout the day)

One study I read showed that Casein/Whey (Slow and fast release) protein pre and post workout built more muscle than whey/casein/bcaa which shows bcaa has very little affect on muscle growth.

I say casein is better for weight loss simply because like you said it is absorbed over 7/8 hours vs whey which is suppose to give you an insulin spike to get nutrients to your muscles when your muscles are most sensitive. I made this recommendation on what people like the OP tend to do. They don't know what they are taking. A person like that will take a whey protein shake with their post workout meal and wonder whey they are hungry/gaining weight having eaten a full meal.

You should really think of these things as meal replacements. 23 g/46g of protein isn't a snack.
      good post. less of a insulin spike and keeps your stomach fuller for longer due to the increased time it takes to absorb. makes sense.

thanks for that, ill read more about this.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
        good post. less of a insulin spike and keeps your stomach fuller for longer due to the increased time it takes to absorb. makes sense.

thanks for that, ill read more about this.
        I just read everyday about independent nutrional studies....the ladies on that marriage forum thought i was kidding about my 10% bf! ;)

Comment

I use this one, its good quality and a good price.

Comment

I have a question brothers ... Is it true that protien suppliments should not be used by women? or more like that it will make the woman look big and not feminine? any idea ? because i always see men buy these stuff not women.
            Jannah is my aim

Comment

Originally posted by ~ Jumana ~ View Post
              or more like that it will make the woman look big and not feminine? any idea ? because i always see men buy these stuff not women.
              thats if you take testosterone or steroids

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
              www.QuranicAudio.com
              www.Quran.com

Comment

anyone take steroids?

I found out that 90% of the men at my gym take steroids

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                www.QuranicAudio.com
                www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                  anyone take steroids?

I know a few brothers. Once they lose motivation, they become small like the non-steroid users.

One good way to check.... They have 6 packs and fat at the same time. I think it's coz steroids makes some of your internal organs bigger.

Stick to the 2 blokes links I gave you on youtube. I follow their advice and alhamdulillah packing on all kinds of muscle. My advice would be work to failure every set!
                  SPREAD OF EVIL
                  ZIONISM
                  BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                    I know a few brothers. Once they lose motivation, they become small like the non-steroid users.

One good way to check.... They have 6 packs and fat at the same time. I think it's coz steroids makes some of your internal organs bigger.

Stick to the 2 blokes links I gave you on youtube. I follow their advice and alhamdulillah packing on all kinds of muscle. My advice would be work to failure every set!
                    nah steroids make you hold loads of water so you always look pumped, but you lose a stone once you come off them

www.QuranicAudio.com
                    www.Quran.com

Comment

nah steroids make you hold loads of water so you always look pumped, but you lose a stone once you come off them
                      Similiar to creatine. I'd say creatine is a much safer option
                      SPREAD OF EVIL
                      ZIONISM
                      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by ~ Jumana ~ View Post
                        I have a question brothers ... Is it true that protien suppliments should not be used by women? or more like that it will make the woman look big and not feminine? any idea ? because i always see men buy these stuff not women.
                        protien doesnt really need to be taken as a supplement unless your trying to build muscles. a normal, healthy diet should have enough protien init to keep you healthy and recover from any workouts. but if your training really hard (even in cardio type exercise) you might find you need a bit extra to recover your muscles then you could use a protien shake or bar to supplement your diet.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post

theres many different types of steroids and ways to take them. if someone is taking them correct and not abusing them then youll never know unless they tell you.

and the fat but cut belly look is mostly (but not allways) through HGH use. just look at ronnie coleman for a example. a perfect physique completly ruined by gear abuse.

Comment

anyone take steroids?

Serious?

I used to work out at a gym with a steroid reputation but only about 10-20% took them, I wouldn't even consider them.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X