Protein suppliments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein suppliments

So the question here is.... I like working out and hitting the gym. Is it halal to take protein shakes or suppliments? Which ones are halal if any and if you guys do take suppliments... Which one?

Thanks
    -Zee

Re: Protein suppliments

Asalamu Alaikum,

Are you from the UK or North America?

Try to avoid Protein supplements that contain rennet.

Comment

http://www.bulksupplementsdirect.co....in_Powder.html

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

unflavored? Have you ever tried it? Seems like a good price.

I used to get ON whey 5lb for about $40-45 bucks here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Excuse_me View Post
          unflavored? Have you ever tried it? Seems like a good price.

I used to get ON whey 5lb for about $40-45 bucks here in the states.
          i havent tried that brand of unflavoured and cant remember the make of the unflavoured one i normally have. i used to mix it with my porridge in the mornings.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Myprotein do halal approved ones
            SPREAD OF EVIL
            ZIONISM
            BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherZee View Post
              So the question here is.... I like working out and hitting the gym. Is it halal to take protein shakes or suppliments? Which ones are halal if any and if you guys do take suppliments... Which one?

Thanks
              -Zee
              i just have a lot of cottage cheese and other natural, low-fat forms of protein. Much better for you as too much protein supplements can make you look bloated in the belly area.
              http://gift2shias.com/

Comment

anyone take glutamine for higher GH levels, would you recommend it?

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                www.QuranicAudio.com
                www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                  anyone take glutamine for higher GH levels, would you recommend it?
                  Repped you a link bro.
                  SPREAD OF EVIL
                  ZIONISM
                  BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherZee View Post

Thanks
                    -Zee
                    Salam
                    I have no personal experience with this kind of stuff but this is what I found:

"Assalaamu Alaikum I would like to know which bodybuilding supplements are haraam and which are halal. Supplements such as "protein shakes" (whey,casein). "Bcaa's" (branch chain amino acids). "multivitamins" (that contain vitamins and minerals such as zinc,magnesium and vitamin B12) and "pre-workout" supplements (that contain caffien,creatine and beta alanine) Salaamu Alaikum -[Anonymous user]
                    AOA

The Halal whey protein is available from Global Health Products Inc. company. The product name is Global Health ProCel Whey Protein Powder Unflavored Dairy 10 Oz. Product # GH - 80. It can be obtained from www.globalhp.com. This product is kosher certified and use for body building and nutritional needs."

source:
                    http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/question_answer.php

Comment

If youre asking this quesiton you really shouldn't be taking a protein supplement. I don't now aht makes a certain type of whey protein 'halal.' Most of the protein supplements on the market are byproducts from either the dairy process or from eggs both of which are halal.

If your goal is weight loss take casein
                      If you goal is bulking take whey ONLY after workout out. It gives you an insulin spike when you are most insulin sensitive.
                      Last edited by madara; 01-03-12, 05:02 AM.

Comment

aadil77 bcaa is good to get a growth spike.

madara do you have any sources as to why casein is better for weight loss please? i use casein in the evenings because its more slower digested to fuel the muscles during sleep but i havent heard of anything about it being better for weight loss?

Comment

im scared of supplements , i can manage without them and still grow , maybe not that fast but im happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                            im scared of supplements , i can manage without them and still grow , maybe not that fast but im happy with it.
                            yeah a good diet should meanb you dont need them. i use protien and a recovery drink atm, nothing else. im a big guy and it can be hard to get the anmount of protien i need just through food without eating about 6 or 7 times a day. ive done that in the past but id rather have about three or four meals and a couple of shakes tbh. more convienient as well.

good thing about working in a gym, plenty of shakes around when ever i need them lol ;)

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                              Repped you a link bro.
                              whats the alternative then?

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                              www.QuranicAudio.com
                              www.Quran.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X