Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bank

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
    They change you to take money in and out, a friend of mine told me they do this with the islamic bank of britain too.
    If you're referring to HSBC Amanah sister there's no charge for withdrawing or depositing money.

Comment

No charge for HSBC Amanah for withdrawing or depositing money, plus they don't use your money to give loans to people on which they earn interest. Other non islamic banks which don't give you interest or stop interest, still give your money as loans to people for which they get big interest on, so you're still taking part in interest. Non islamic banks with zero interest are probably worse than receiving interest. Think about it, if you don't take the interest and give it away in an islamically justified manner, the bank keeps it and has more money to loan people and charge them huge amounts of interest.

I'm not suggesting that interest based accounts are good. I'm saying that they are bad, but not as bad as an interest based account where you request the interest to be stopped.

I would personally recommend HSBC Amanah, no charge for withdrawing money or deposting money, no interest, no loans given to other people using your money, money not invested in haraam companies. Must be an HSBC Amanah account, not a plain old HSBC account. I've heard people have difficulties with IBB because its a small bank with small resources. I don't know anything about TSB's islamic accounts.
      Last edited by oshirowanen; 04-01-12, 05:12 PM.

Comment

I was thinking of switching banks.. as most are unethical, anyone recommend any ? I was thinking co-op.
        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
          I was thinking of switching banks.. as most are unethical, anyone recommend any ? I was thinking co-op.
          Assalamu Alaikum brother,

I think most if not all banks are unethical, I look for an account which won't use my savings in interest based or unIslamic dealings - which I believe HSBC Amanah and Lloyds TSB Islamic account cater for.

Comment

http://www.barclays.co.uk/Currentacc...P1242557963900

Abbey said they wont stop my intrest so Im going to cancel my account with them
            And He found you lost and guided you,
            ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
            " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
            ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Working...
            X