Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employment shizzle

assalamualaykum peeps

i work full time, and ihave to work saturdays as a must (retail environment sat being hte busiest day) its in my stupid contract that weekends are required as and when necessary =/
    i need weekends off basically, this having to book it as holiday, and even when i do, i have to book it as a whole week which i wouldnt even need is a waste of my holiday time anyway.................so can i ask for my contract to be changed where i only work mon-fri without being in trouble for it? i mean, if they said no, i would still want my job else id be in a bit of trouble lol so should i just say my situation has changed and i can only do mon-fri??

Re: employment shizzle

:wswrwb:

Only one way to find out. Ask them.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

Only one way to find out. Ask them.

so i wont get fired for asking? i guess i was thinking of asking them in a more like i can only do mon-fri, so what you sayin? and if they say no i would hand my notice in?!? not that i wanna do that but i want weekends off, so much to do on weekends that i cannot do on the weekday i have off =/ and then if i ask and they say no im gonna be sulking lots most tehse islamic courses run on weekends, and im gonna miss out cos of stupid work and i dont wanna and i sound like a child/brat but i need them to agreeeeeeeeeee.............is there no sure fire way of getting what i want??

Comment

u wont get fired for asking

if they can thats good

if they they cant you wont be able to

Comment

No, of course not. It'd be really petty if they fire you just for asking.

Maybe, bring up the fact that you are considering taking classes over the weekends, so you'd want weekends off.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

No, of course not. It'd be really petty if they fire you just for asking.

Maybe, bring up the fact that you are considering taking classes over the weekends, so you'd want weekends off.

they already know about me wanting the weekends off for classes and whatnot but they have not themselevs offered any leeway for me aside 'well you know saturday is our busiest day' alhamdulilah a girl is covering me this saturday so i can go ilmfest but she wont always cover for me so id rather just find a solution which is not working on weekends somehow

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
              u wont get fired for asking

if they can thats good

if they they cant you wont be able to

=/ guess what you sayin is true .....gonna have to make lots of dua then!!

Comment

Can you stay a bit later on weekdays and have weekends off?

Comment

Can you stay a bit later on weekdays and have weekends off?

nopeeeee...........this is gonna be tough, im an optical dispenser, prob one of the better ones at where i work, so i know they gonna be reluctant to let me be off on the busiest day of teh week ........alhamdulilah ALlah gonna have to find a way for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee but this no weekends stuff is bothering me so much ive even started lookin elsewhre for jobs and possibly run the risk of shootin my own foot

Comment

If you are the best they've got, then they should accommodate you. I think it's best if you at least ask then once. See what they say. :insha:

Comment

If you are the best they've got, then they should accommodate you. I think it's best if you at least ask then once. See what they say. :insha:
                      guess im worrying about them saying no and then i have no options in my mind, right now, the unknown feels more comforting =/ wish me ALlahs help ill be asking bosslady when i see her at work! jazk

Comment

Originally posted by rina View Post
                        assalamualaykum peeps

i work full time, and ihave to work saturdays as a must (retail environment sat being hte busiest day) its in my stupid contract that weekends are required as and when necessary =/
                        i need weekends off basically, this having to book it as holiday, and even when i do, i have to book it as a whole week which i wouldnt even need is a waste of my holiday time anyway.................so can i ask for my contract to be changed where i only work mon-fri without being in trouble for it? i mean, if they said no, i would still want my job else id be in a bit of trouble lol so should i just say my situation has changed and i can only do mon-fri??

You can ask and see what they say. I don't see why they would fire you for asking. However, I assume that your coworkers also work weekends? If so, it's only fair that you also work weekends. If your coworkers don't, then that could be bargaining power for you. I, too, work weekends and have for many years. I work for a hospital, which is a 24/7/365 operation. We have to do that in order to provide a service for our patients/clients. It's part of the business, which I knew when I got involved. If your job won't allow you to have weekends off and you want to keep this particular job, see if they will allow a weekend rotation where everyone gets one weekend off a month or something like that.

Comment

salaams to all

maybe some kind of compromise
                          every alternate weekend off?

thats if they dont agree to the 1st option
                          which is all weekends off.

also, if youre so good at your job, why dont u look around for another job?
                          this way you can make your conditions clear from the beginning

and maybe you will get a better wage?

another thing,
                          if they're petty, they might look for an excuse to fire you if you ask for weekends off-esp since its the busiest day
                          cant you get 2 weekdays off in place of working weekends?

look around, ask people
                          there should be some islamic classes running weekdays

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                          jazakallah
                          Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                          very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

[QUOTE=msmoorad;4517887]salaams to all

maybe some kind of compromise
                            every alternate weekend off?

thats if they dont agree to the 1st option
                            which is all weekends off.

also, if youre so good at your job, why dont u look around for another job?
                            this way you can make your conditions clear from the beginning

and maybe you will get a better wage?

another thing,
                            if they're petty, they might look for an excuse to fire you if you ask for weekends off-esp since its the busiest day
                            cant you get 2 weekdays off in place of working weekends?

look around, ask people
                            there should be some islamic classes running weekdays

and Allah ta'ala knows best

astagfirullah i have not said im so good at my job, merely i am one of hte bettr ones, i have been looking around, and maybe i will find somethng, maybe not, time will tell, i like where i work in terms of famliarity and the pay is not bad tbh but like isaid i could be riskin shootin my own foot and i dont wanna do that... ineed my job to help out at home, but ihate being a work when i know icould be at some course or learning some islamic related stuff ....al maghrib courses; i have not come across on weekday ones, the ones i know of are run on weekends, usually double weekends, and then local masjid stuff is usually on weekends too, but i shall try harder to ask around look around an see if weekday stuff is avaialbe too jak for advice ps compromise sounds wortha shot if i get flat rejected for all weekends :)

Comment

You can ask and see what they say. I don't see why they would fire you for asking. However, I assume that your coworkers also work weekends? If so, it's only fair that you also work weekends. If your coworkers don't, then that could be bargaining power for you. I, too, work weekends and have for many years. I work for a hospital, which is a 24/7/365 operation. We have to do that in order to provide a service for our patients/clients. It's part of the business, which I knew when I got involved. If your job won't allow you to have weekends off and you want to keep this particular job, see if they will allow a weekend rotation where everyone gets one weekend off a month or something like that.

yes co workers work weekends too but they dont have nothing religion related to do in place of coming to work on a weekend, maybe they could get drunk the fri night so could lie in on teh saturday and not work i guess that does not matter though jak im gonna ask and see anyway in shaa ALlah =]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X