Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas...

Originally posted by IneedHelp View Post
    Isn't it also our obligation to show them that our deen is the true path. Shouldn't we lead by example? how can we invite them to our deen if we don't communicate with them?

I don't intend to compromise my deen. Just that when ever it is possible and not forbidden in our religion, i would like to return the courtesy they have shown me.
    You can do all that without being friends. Don't be fooled by shaytan that you have to please them all the time and hang around with them in the name of da'wah. We can never really show them the 'true path' because guidance and misguidance is only in the hands of Allah SWT. You do your part and stay within the limits and then leave the rest down to our creator. :)

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
      You can do all that without being friends. Don't be fooled by shaytan that you have to please them all the time and hang around with them in the name of da'wah. We can never really show them the 'true path' because guidance and misguidance is only in the hands of Allah SWT. You do your part and stay within the limits and then leave the rest down to our creator. :)

:jkk:
      salaams to all

you say: " We can never really show them the 'true path' because guidance and misguidance is only in the hands of Allah SWT"
      its not totally true

while hidaayah is ONLY in the hand of Allah ta'ala,
      we muslims SHOULD be practical muslims & thus examples to others as to what islam is & who muslims are.

they should be deeply affected just by looking at us, observing our actions & listening to our words

very often, those that mix unnecessarily with the kuffaar give the excuse of dawah & displaying good character etc to be around them
      but,
      VERY FEW OF US MUSLIMS HAVE THE DESIRED LEVEL OF IMAAN, KNOWLEDGE & PIETY TO BE GOOD ROLE MODELS & EXAMPLES TO NON MUSLIMS

and Allah ta'ala knows best
      jazakallah
      Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
      very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Funny how no Christian in the Bible ever celebrated Christmas yet most Christians celebrate it. Christmas is just so pagan; if only people bothered questioning!
        "Woe be to the ignorant person once for not learning. Woe be to the scholar a thousand times for not practicing." - Al-Ghazali

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
          It is not permissible for him to congratulate them on their festivals in any way whatsoever, because that implies approval of their festival and not denouncing them..
          Sis, we're not the ones that's initiating the gesture. The non-Muslims say 'Merry Christmas' and it's normal to respond with 'and the same to you'.

That in no way implies that we're somehow accepting or propagating their beliefs.
          'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
            Sis, we're not the ones that's initiating the gesture. The non-Muslims say 'Merry Christmas' and it's normal to respond with 'and the same to you'.

That in no way implies that we're somehow accepting or propagating their beliefs.
            but the words used are "same to you" so of course you are wishing them the same as they said to you. Theyre saying happy shirk day, and you are saying same to you aka happy shirk day to you too. if someone says merry xmas, happy new years etc i just smile and say muslims dont celebrate x-mas new years, and thats that, depnding on the situation, it might go onto a conversation about why that is, we beleive in Isa alleyhi salam and then explain that he wasnt born on that day and the origins of xmas in pagan tradition etc etc. how i dont beleive in lying to my kids, ( ie: the whole santa claus thing ) and its a good opportunity to do dawah :)
            Last edited by *asiya*; 25-12-11, 03:23 PM.
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by RWP
              i dont celebrate xmas as i am Pagan, this time of year we celebrate the whole season, right now i have a big leg of ham in the oven and some very strong fizzy
              what is the significance of pig and alcohol in your celebrations ?
              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

but the words used are "same to you" so of course you are wishing them the same as they said to you. Theyre saying happy shirk day, and you are saying same to you aka happy shirk day to you too. if someone says merry xmas, happy new years etc i just smile and say muslims dont celebrate x-mas new years, and thats that, depnding on the situation, it might go onto a conversation about why that is, we beleive in Isa alleyhi salam and then explain that he wasnt born on that day and the origins of xmas in pagan tradition etc etc. how i dont beleive in lying to my kids, ( ie: the whole santa claus thing ) and its a good opportunity to do dawah :)
                Agree with that.

Same to you doesn't sound like a normal reply to me.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

what is the significance of pig and alcohol in your celebrations ?
                  You eat the pig, and drink the alcohol. Depending on the cook, using alcohol to cook the pig or make sauce for the pig. Don't forget the apple sauce.

Christiany/Jewish religion, you are allowed to drink alcohol as long as you don't get drunk, (People still do, but not suppose to). But then people are not to kill, steal, etc., but you always find people breaking them. In fact it is used in both official Jewish and official Christian rituals, and Jesus actually made wine. Pork is allowed by Christianity but not Jewish.
                  Last edited by Mich; 26-12-11, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich View Post
                    You eat the pig, and drink the alcohol. Depending on the cook, using alcohol to cook the pig or make sauce for the pig. Don't forget the apple sauce.

Christiany/Jewish religion, you are allowed to drink alcohol as long as you don't get drunk, (People still do, but not suppose to). But then people are not to kill, steal, etc., but you always find people breaking them. In fact it is used in both official Jewish and official Christian rituals, and Jesus actually made wine. Pork is allowed by Christianity but not Jewish.
                    thats for that useful insight mitch.. lol we are not from mars you know..

the person who posted that said they were a pagan who was celebrating a month long pagan festival, with pig and alcohol, i wondered what the significance of pig and booze was in his festival, and what kind of pagan he was , but turned out he was one of those hateful EDL type trolls and he got banned :)
                    Last edited by *asiya*; 26-12-11, 01:37 AM.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X