Tips for Memorising the Quran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Memorising the Quran

Over the years i have read a lot of people on ummah writting about wanting to memorise the quran but often complain about memory issues etc.

the following is a small list advices that i picked up over the years.

1- the intention your niyaa must be for the sake of allah
    2- A schedule for memorisation
    3-A schedule of revision (daily wird)
    4-the application of tajweed and the correct rules of stopping and pausing
    5-The student must pay attention to end of every ayah and waqf/ pause or stop point and memorise the vowel marks.
    6-the student must become familiar with the script on one mushaf preferably the madinah king fahad print
    7-the student must listen to one recitor , recitors like Husary and Menshawi, mustapha ismail and similair are highly recommended.
    8- the student must develop his voice slowly and not rush but take it slowly
    9-the students should stay away from sins those of the limbs and those of the senses and tongue for these things ruin memory and a sound heart
    10-the memorisation of matnul djazariya
    11- To be able to recite in wasl (connecting verses)

if you got more then your welcome to post

Re: Tips for Memorising the Quran

bump

Comment

:jkk: for the tips.

Comment

:salams

Here's a vid of a blind sheikh giving very good advice on memorizing the Quran and it's actually a nice poem

Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
          Over the years i have read a lot of people on ummah writting about wanting to memorise the quran but often complain about memory issues etc.

the following is a small list advices that i picked up over the years.

1- the intention your niyaa must be for the sake of allah
          2- A schedule for memorisation
          3-A schedule of revision (daily wird)
          4-the application of tajweed and the correct rules of stopping and pausing
          5-The student must pay attention to end of every ayah and waqf/ pause or stop point and memorise the vowel marks.
          6-the student must become familiar with the script on one mushaf preferably the madinah king fahad print
          7-the student must listen to one recitor , recitors like Husary and Menshawi, mustapha ismail and similair are highly recommended.
          8- the student must develop his voice slowly and not rush but take it slowly
          9-the students should stay away from sins those of the limbs and those of the senses and tongue for these things ruin memory and a sound heart
          10-the memorisation of matnul djazariya
          11- To be able to recite in wasl (connecting verses)

if you got more then your welcome to post
          100% agree with the above, jazkhallah khair for sharing. I use the coloured tajweed which one is king fahad print?
          ☝🏻️اللهمَّ لك الحمد حتى ترضى، ولك الحمد إذا رضيت، ولك الحمد بعد الرضا

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
            :salams

Here's a vid of a blind sheikh giving very good advice on memorizing the Quran and it's actually a nice poem

Wa Alaikum Asalaam,

Whenever I feel lazy or need some encouragement I listen to his poem, Masha'Allah.

May Allah reward the Sheikh.

Comment

Originally posted by Beblessed View Post
              100% agree with the above, jazkhallah khair for sharing. I use the coloured tajweed which one is king fahad print?
              i sincerly advice you to avoid that mushaf and simply take up a tajweed class and take the normal green king fahad mushaf without colours .

Comment

Ive heard tryin to memorise the quran after fajar salah helps alot... Jazakallah to the OP for the tips
                Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Comment

Originally posted by sunni_ninja View Post
                  Ive heard tryin to memorise the quran after fajar salah helps alot... Jazakallah to the OP for the tips

Comment

One advice for people with long commutes, either train, bus or by car.
                    Instead of listening to music or the news and commentary, insert Quran and the tafseer in its place. Start slow - like once a week, or even better one way to/from work everyday. It really adds up - time goes by fast anyway in one's life - doing this has helped me memorize parts of many large suras that I otherwise wouldnt have.
                    Hope this helps.
                    iSawab App to track your daily deeds, and challenge yourself to do better.
                    [url]http://www.isawab.com/[/url]
                    [url]http://blog.isawab.com/[/url]
                    FREE "Ramadan Tracker" App [url]http://bit.ly/NRMgS7[/url]

Comment

i sincerly advice you to avoid that mushaf and simply take up a tajweed class and take the normal green king fahad mushaf without colours .
                      I'm not able to take tajweed class at the moment I have small child, I'm wondering how I'm suppose to learn without the colours? ever since I started with the colours wallahi it improved my tajweed I was 0 with tajweed and now Allhmdulilah learnt how to pronounce the letters and when to stop etc. my previous madarasa that I was learning from she told me to buy that Quran and currently same with my online haafidah cousin of mine who's teaching me who is qualified and learnt from Sharjah, khair inshallah

the video is a must see, mashallaah

Comment

I'm not able to take tajweed class at the moment I have small child, I'm wondering how I'm suppose to learn without the colours? ever since I started with the colours wallahi it improved my tajweed I was 0 with tajweed and now Allhmdulilah learnt how to pronounce the letters and when to stop etc. my previous madarasa that I was learning from she told me to buy that Quran and currently same with my online haafidah cousin of mine who's teaching me who is qualified and learnt from Sharjah, khair inshallah

the video is a must see, mashallaah
                        what i have noticed is many people having trouble switching to a non-colouted mushaf afterwards but this simply mu opinion

Comment

what i have noticed is many people having trouble switching to a non-colouted mushaf afterwards but this simply mu opinion
                          yes your right, I have to take it with me all the time when travellling etc, I cant use other Quran, but dont everyone use one mushaf that theyre used to all the time?
                          Last edited by Beblessed; 28-12-11, 02:30 PM.

Comment

yes your right, I have to take it with me all the time when travellling etc, I cant use other Quran, but dont everyone use one mushaf that theyre used to all the time?
                            if you can read uthmani script then you read majority of non-subcontinant/ iranian mushafs

Comment

if you can read uthmani script then you read majority of non-subcontinant/ iranian mushafs
                              http://www.quranflash.com/en/quranflash.html

check the link, I use the second Quran starting from the right^, I can read the different scripts even the one that asians use most times I dont know whats it called, but I'm using the coloured code for tajweed and looks more beautiful with colour :)

I dont know their names but I read most of it by going different madarasas

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X