Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions about halal food

Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatAllahi wa barakatuh,

I'm aware I've asked these questions before but always in threads where there's been not much in the way of a definitive response and now I really want to know the answers as I'm confused.

1. If an animal is reared cruelly on purpose (such as caged all/most its life or battery farmed) can it ever be slaughtered and made halal for consumption?
    2. If an animal is injected or fed with hormones or antibiotics which may pose a slight risk to human health (were it to be consumed), can this animal ever be slaughtered and made halal for consumption?

Please could you provide evidence with any responses, thank you.
    I was like Laughing Out Out Out Out Out Out Out Loud.

Re: A couple of questions about halal food

anyone...?

Comment

:embar:

Comment

:wswrwb:
        i dont think many of us know the answer which is why no one has replied.

I dont know it either but maybe you can ask on sunniforum.com (sometimes scholars reply, you can try the sensitive q&a section of the hanafi fiqh subforum for scholars or a student who can direct you to the answer insha'Allah)

or contact a maulana or sheikh here :
        http://www.yunuspatel.co.za/ask-maulana.php <--masha'Allah they are often fast in reply back may Allah Subhanhu Wa Tha'ala reward them with good in this life,their graves,and the hereafter Ameen.

i think you should try to ask Hazrat Maulana Naeem Motala Saheb(from the above link) as one of the other maulanas is away and wont be back for awhile and the other two maulanas take a bit longer(not much longer but maybe one or two days)and it seems as though you need an urgent answer.

and of course you can ask them for evidence insha'Allah
        :jkk:

:salams
        La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Comment

wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatAllahi wa barakatuhu, jazak Allah khair for the helpful reply sis. I'll try to contact Maulana Saheb as advised inshaAllah and report back on the thread.

Comment

I received a reply very quickly mashaAllah and have been advised to seek an answer from a local mufti as it is a fiqh related question. I've since checked on Ask Imam and found this: http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...f064d7fa56dffd which I found interesting but it's raised a further question for me. I've posted my questions on sunniforum as well (it's awaiting a moderator).

Comment

Yeah I was vegetarian last year for a year - but sadly my health didn't allow me to continue :(...
              If only people followed the teaches of Our Prophet Mohammed (peace and blessings be upon him).. they would respect the dignity and well being of the animal until his death
              But nowadays people only care for money
              I hope they will be judged on that
              Ok i just read the answer to your question on the link :From your link "Having mentioned the above, it should be known that the ruling of the meat depends entirely on the method in which the animal was slaughtered. Thus, if the animals were slaughtered in accordance with the laws of Islam, the meat will be halaal (permissible to consume). The cruelty which was shown to the animals before slaughter is a separate crime." so.. it's still halal if i'm correct or what? :scratch:

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Originally posted by alarmbells View Post
                I received a reply very quickly mashaAllah and have been advised to seek an answer from a local mufti as it is a fiqh related question. I've since checked on Ask Imam and found this: http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...f064d7fa56dffd which I found interesting but it's raised a further question for me. I've posted my questions on sunniforum as well (it's awaiting a moderator).
                which question?

Avoid excessive laughter and useless arguments as they harden the heart and lead to heedlessness.

Comment

Asalaamu alaikum anonymous_mehip,

May Allah t'ala give you good health.

the fatwa I linked to does indicate that the meat is halal, absolutely. I also scratched my head and thought (the question I omitted - sorry about that).. if treating animals cruelly is haram (and it is), and battery farming as an industry is inherently cruel to animals - by buying this meat are we not contributing to the perpetuation of a sin?

Comment

Originally posted by alarmbells View Post
                    Asalaamu alaikum anonymous_mehip,

May Allah t'ala give you good health.

the fatwa I linked to does indicate that the meat is halal, absolutely. I also scratched my head and thought (the question I omitted - sorry about that).. if treating animals cruelly is haram (and it is), and battery farming as an industry is inherently cruel to animals - by buying this meat are we not contributing to the perpetuation of a sin?
                    Aleykom salam :) and Ameen to your du'a
                    I totally agree with you, i don't understand, and also if the knife doesnt even cut how it is supposed to do.. how can the meat be halal? so halal means you only have to say the words for the sacrifice (not sure what we have to say, not an expert on it) and that's it?
                    You're so right, this doesnt make any sense. My mom says oh well the responsability is on them ..:/ but we don't know.
                    Have you seen this video? i wish i could buy the meat from there but unfortunately they are on the other side of the world.
                    Can you send your question to that website? You made a point i'm sure they can't ignore that.
                    Last edited by anonymous_mehip; 19-12-11, 01:26 AM.

Comment

ps: there's no slaughter on that video^ don't worry, i could have never watched it otherwise :)

Comment

awww, not seen that vid before - those animals look really nicely kept mashaAllah. The farmer's doing an awesome job. It'd be wonderful if all animals were treated properly, but when you look at how so many people treat other people it's a pretty tall order.
                        Not sure what you mean by not cutting the animal - the fatwa does say that all conditions of halal slaughter have to be met for the slaughter to be valid and the animal meat to be halal. I think how the animal is treated is not a condition of slaughter.

I haven't posted any question to Ask Imam's site, but may do that, though it looks like a busy site and I'm not sure I'd get an answer. Might be worth a try though.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X