I'm in a crisis..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in a crisis..

There are times when i wonder if god intended for me to suffer.. because no matter how hard i pray, or how much effort i put into something.. i always end up with nothing.. At my work place, people spread lies about me. They convinced the boss that i'm no good so the boss always take their side on everything.. and even at home my family don't respect me enough.. And all this while i've been looking for god.. wondering when he will help me.. when he will guide me..

am i praying to a god who does not care? i'm scared.. that one of these days, as an act of defiance i might decide to just stop praying and worshipping him.. wht good does it do to pray when you are still troubled by **** that you shouldnt have to deal with? Could someone help me please ? I know longer know what i'm meant to do.. or how i'm meant to feel

Re: I'm in a crisis..

This life is temporary and it is a test. Allah does not owe us anything. Even if we were to pray all our obligatory and do a whole bunch of next level optional worship like fast every day or pray tahajjud every night, even then we shouldn't feel we deserve goodness.

We need to submit to the will of Allah over us and submit to his wisdom, even if we don't understand it.

Contentment is what's required. Be content regardless of what Allah gives you in life, be it good or bad. Build a relationship with him and work toward the hereafter. This is the essence of Islam.
    -

Comment

i thank you for your reply. Is it wrong for me to want happiness for myself? how am i to be content when people lie abt me all the time so they can make me look bad and tarnish my reputation, and they get away with it? where is the fairness in that? and when i feel a familial obligation for my family members yet they don't give a damn abt me? To be honest, i am tired.. i'm tired that things have been bad for far too long.. and i wonder if it will ever change..

You know how some people want to die because they dont see a point in living? I'm ashame to die.. coz if i do wht will i leave behind? i wonder how people would remember me? and yet, whats the point of me living? its only one disappointment after another.

Comment

I agree. you need help and you need it big time. Not towards your problems but towards understanding your creator... in understanding the Lordship of your lord. In that you do need help.

Forgive me, I do agree that only we know what we go thru when we face the trials. Its not easy but the way you write your post complaining about your 'god' is going towards borderline and that isn't healthy for your imaan.

Perhaps, you should read the story of Idris (Alayhis Salam) and see how much your greviances weigh in comparison to his.

There is a story about a man from bani Isreal. He was one of the most obedient salves of Allah who worshipped Allah for 500 years without any single act of disobedience. Yes, 500 years and not a single disobedience. When he died he asked Allah to reward him according to Allah's justice based on his 500 years of worship on a rock. He asked for reward based on his worship and not based on Allah's mercy. Allah said if you want reward by justice then the justice is you prayed over a rock for 500 years and justice is the rock should pray over you for 500 years. This shows that we seek help from Allah not based on our worship but to reward us purely out of His mercy. Because no matter how much we do its never enough or anywhere near worth achieving reward as for a start we dont even know how pure our intentions are.
        Last edited by truepath; 15-12-11, 11:03 AM.
        لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

I just feel abandoned. i have always believe in treating others kindly and fairly.. and yet i have been denied of that courtesy. and there are passages in the quran saying that when truth is brought forth before falsehood, falsehood will banish.. this hasn't happen.. and what abt when they say the du'a of the people who are oppressed are heard by god?

Do u know that someone used witchcraft on me? i have looked up on suras to use as protection, but the fact that someone would go to such length.. guys, put urself in my shoes.. when things have been bad for a long while, and you've prayed and tried your best to change your circumstances and nothing happens, tell me you wouldnt be discourage.. i was taught that we should work hard and tawakal, i have tried working hard.. but i always fall short of what i want to acheive..

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
            Perhaps, you should read the story of Idris (Alayhis Salam) and see how much your greviances weigh in comparison to his.
            Or that of Nabi Yusuf a.s, or that or that Nabi Nuh a.s or that of Nabi Ayyub a.s or our Beloved Nabi :saw:

Brother, we are all tested, sometimes in ways that seems so cruel and unfair to our limited human mind and intellect. BUT Allah swt knows with his infinite knowledge and wisdom what is good for us and what is not. It may be that we chase after things that may later destroy us, or perhaps maybe that something that on surface looks bad for us, is what benefits us the greatest.

Brother, do not pray with that intention that your prayers will give you what you seek in terms of the material world. Our relationship and connection with our Creator is not barter system whereby we pray and Allah gives. It doesnt work like that, and we shouldnt be even thinking like that. We should worship God, with full faith knowing that there is diety worthy of worsip besides He, azza wa Jall.

If we were to try to count the blessings of Allah, we wouldnt be able to do so. Our Lords loves us far beyond our comprehension and far more than we will be able to ever understand.

Things will change, and do change. It is the way of life, that they sun nevers shines forever and neither does it rain forever. But you need to do in take hold of the thing that you full influence over and work on that brother. And that thing is you, and yourself. Your attitude to life, your connection with Allah swt.

Begin to pray 5 times a day, and do sincere repentence for your sins. Try to avoid sin as much as possible. Pray Quran., and keep good company.

You are alive. You are breathing, you are a Muslim, your are from the Ummah of Nabi :saw: You can walk, talk, see and hear. There are so many who have less than this. Be greatful for what you have and Allah swt will bless you with even more.

Your negative attitude will attract more negativity. Slowly, bit by bit, start changing the way you think, feel, and behave and direct yourself towards Allah swt. When this one relationship is set right, everything else does and will, Insha'Allah fall into place.

Have a look in the "Learn about Islam" section....there is a lot there than can help you.
            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by IneedHelp View Post
              i thank you for your reply. Is it wrong for me to want happiness for myself? how am i to be content when people lie abt me all the time so they can make me look bad and tarnish my reputation, and they get away with it? where is the fairness in that? and when i feel a familial obligation for my family members yet they don't give a damn abt me? To be honest, i am tired.. i'm tired that things have been bad for far too long.. and i wonder if it will ever change..

You know how some people want to die because they dont see a point in living? I'm ashame to die.. coz if i do wht will i leave behind? i wonder how people would remember me? and yet, whats the point of me living? its only one disappointment after another.
              It's not wrong to desire happiness. However, realise that there is no utopia in this world. There will always be one trouble or another, as life is a test. This is something you have to just accept.

The key to being content when people do bad things to you is to have a strong relationship with Allah.

Brother/sister, the issue here is you are giving the world that we live in too much importance. This dunya is but an illusion. If people are tarnishing reputation or doing something against you, try not to give it any value. Such behaviour only puts them in bad relation with Allah and weighs them down to the bad side on the day of judgement. Let them have their petty fun. Your reward will be given to you in full in jannah inshaAllah.

Allah is Al Adl, the Most Just. He will give you your justice on the day of judgement, where it matters most.

Bro/sis, you honestly feel ashamed to die because of the worry of what you will leave behind and how people will remember you? In fact, you should be more worried about your destination and the good deeds you will take with you, whether or not you escape the punishment of the grave and the punishment of hell. Your reputation, your money, your family, none of these things will go with you into the grave. Your only concern at that time will be heaven and hell and Allah's mercy. Everything you ever accomplished in this world - none of it is worth anything if it doesn't help you in gaining good deeds to show Allah on the day of judgement so that the scales are tipped in your favour.

Do u know that someone used witchcraft on me? i have looked up on suras to use as protection, but the fact that someone would go to such length.. guys, put urself in my shoes.. when things have been bad for a long while, and you've prayed and tried your best to change your circumstances and nothing happens, tell me you wouldnt be discourage.. i was taught that we should work hard and tawakal, i have tried working hard.. but i always fall short of what i want to acheive..
              It may seem difficult for you to accept but I know exactly what you are talking about. I've felt the same, believe me. I used to be bitter toward Allah but by Allah, the only way to have any kind of success is to fully submit to the will of Allah and let him do as he pleases with you. It's difficult! You will fall one day but the next day you have to pick yourself up again.

Do this:
              Make it a goal to dedicate your life to Allah.
              Do all the obligatory acts of worship
              Avoid sin as much as possible
              Every night, before sleeping, pray two rakah nafil salah and then make a long dua, at least 15 minutes, pouring your heart out. When you make dua, make it with total conviction that Allah has accepted the dua and will answer it but submit to the wisdom of Allah and realise that he will give you what you ask in a manner that is best for you, either immediately or after a while or maybe remove a hardship in your future because of this dua or even reward you in jannah for it.
              -

Comment

See this post, it talks about what I said with regards to having total conviction in dua.
                -

Comment

I do agree with you Jennica. Prayers and good deeds isn't something we do to barter with god. Allah doesn't require our worship, we are the ones who need him. but how can we compare with the prophets? they are people chosen by god for their strength of character. Sister (i'm assuming you're a girl/woman), surah Al-Inshirah is sometimes use as du'a as it ask for god to lessen our burden so we can commit ourself fully to worshipping him. i recite this everyday, yet i find no comfort from them. perhaps there's something i've missed or overlook..

Brother Silvertexture, i get your point. perhaps i'm depress at the moment. I had worked hard on something and someone just came and took all the credit for himself.. when bad things keep happening to you, it tends to mess you up..

i don't mean to complain.. and perhaps i don't have the right to.. i just want things to change for the better. i've forgotten wht it feels like to be happy..

Comment

You are allowed to complain and grieve. It's okay. Our faith encompasses our nature.

But dont complain about Allah because of your pain and anguish.

Rather, complain to Allah about pain and anguish, and your weakness.

Read The Dua of Nabi Yunus a.s. abunduntly.

If this dua saved Nabi Yunus a.s. from the darkness of the night, the sea, and the whale, it will help you also.

Be patient, and perservere. Allah swt knows all our grief and all of our pain, and truly there must be some hikamh in it, and Insha'Allah your struggles will be rewarded, if not in the dunya then in Jannah.
                    Last edited by Jenicca; 15-12-11, 12:39 PM.
                    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

you got alot what others do not, your life is awesome but you dont think so because you have not been in this seat http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...on-west-africa
                      And he is the son of Ithel Goch ap Cynwrig ap Iorwerth Ddu ap Cynwrig Ddewis Herod ap Cywryd!

Comment

Allaah tests those he loves the most

remember this life isnt suspose to be eay, its all a test and if you eant jannah you have to weork for it. Its hard at times anfd you want to give up but thats the shaytaan kicking and pucnhing you
                        And He found you lost and guided you,
                        ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                        " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                        ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by FuMu View Post
                          you got alot what others do not, your life is awesome but you dont think so because you have not been in this seat http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...on-west-africa
                          SubhanAllaah
                          And He found you lost and guided you,
                          ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                          " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                          ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                            You are allowed to complain and grieve. It's okay. Our faith encompasses our nature.

But dont complain about Allah because of your pain and anguish.

Rather, complain to Allah about pain and anguish, and your weakness.

Read The Dua of Nabi Yunus a.s. abunduntly.

If this dua saved Nabi Yunus a.s. from the darkness of the night, the sea, and the whale, it will help you also.

Be patient, and perservere. Allah swt knows all our grief and all of our pain, and truly there must be some hikamh in it, and Insha'Allah your struggles will be rewarded, if not in the dunya then in Jannah.
                            salaams to all

good advice
                            masha allah

& i hope youre regular with your 5 daily salaah

and if possible, tahajjud salaah
                            pour your heart out to Allah ta'ala.

and allah ta'ala knows best
                            jazakallah
                            Last edited by msmoorad; 15-12-11, 01:58 PM.
                            Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                            very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Originally posted by IneedHelp View Post
                              There are times when i wonder if god intended for me to suffer.. because no matter how hard i pray, or how much effort i put into something.. i always end up with nothing.. At my work place, people spread lies about me. They convinced the boss that i'm no good so the boss always take their side on everything.. and even at home my family don't respect me enough.. And all this while i've been looking for god.. wondering when he will help me.. when he will guide me..

am i praying to a god who does not care? i'm scared.. that one of these days, as an act of defiance i might decide to just stop praying and worshipping him.. wht good does it do to pray when you are still troubled by **** that you shouldnt have to deal with? Could someone help me please ? I know longer know what i'm meant to do.. or how i'm meant to feel
                              Listen to yourself...Allah doesn't need the worship; you do!

Don't be sad, realize that however life pans out, it was meant to be. Don't focus on the outcome but instead the manner in which you carry yourself during the trial, and leave the rest to Allah. Allah wants you to succeed, its just that in the moment you may not be able to see it. Don't measure your success in what you gain from this world but the hardships that you overcame during the difficulties.

Have patience
                              Last edited by Subtle Silence; 15-12-11, 04:57 PM.
                              <<< Step Away From The Computer And Get Some Fresh Air >>>
                              "The most perfect believer is the one with the most beautiful manners" ~ Prophet Muhammad :saw:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X