Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My mother passed away

Originally posted by *Jael* View Post
    Thank you for your answers and support. There was useful advice. Jazakallah khair.

It's a hard time but Allah (swt) knows best after all..
    Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah (sorry, forgot to return your salam in my previous post)

Anytime sister, wa iyyak.

Glad to see you are coping well, stay strong. May Allah swt grant you whatever is best for you, ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
      you may have good intentions, but I think you could have been more sensitive with a simple "no" instead of telling one who has just hours ago lost his mother this.
      This type of response frequently befuddles me, I've had another member who repped me saying I was Insensitive with my post ...

I stated the answer and backed it up with the Quran, if you don't like it, then you have a problem with the Quran.

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
      Wa Alaikum Salaam Akhi,

if you Mother Died as a Non-Muslim, than it is not permissible for you to make Dua for her, because Allah ta'ala states that he will not Forgive such people in the Quran.

Al-Quran, Surah Baqarah, Chapter 2
      -----------------------------------
      Ayah 161 : Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is Allah's curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind;

Ayah 162 : They will abide therein: Their penalty will not be lightened, nor will respite be their (lot).

:jkk:
      Loosing a Loved one is of course a time of grief and difficulty, but as Muslims we need to speak the Truth.

I meant no disrespect to the brother, the answer would be the same even If I lost one of My Own dear relatives as a Non-Muslim, they would be destined for Jahannam, hence we are not permitted to make Dua for them.

:jkk:
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Hmmm... Just another question.. Why does everyone on ummah.com think I'm a brother..?

I appreciated all the answers.

@Saif-Uddin, your answer was good, though personally a bit too blunt, but I understand your intention and I appreciate it.
        I understand why my name might confuse you but still, I'm a sister, not a brother. :coolsis:

Comment

Originally posted by *Jael* View Post
          Hmmm... Just another question.. Why does everyone on ummah.com think I'm a brother..?

I appreciated all the answers.

@Saif-Uddin, your answer was good, though personally a bit too blunt, but I understand your intention and I appreciate it.
          My Bad, assumed Jael was a Male name ... dunno why ...

:jkk: Ukthi ...
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
            My Bad, assumed Jael was a Male name ... dunno why ...

:jkk: Ukthi ...
            I get it, don't worry. In my life I have met three girls and two boys by the name of Jael. Weird. :/
            I understand why my name might confuse you but still, I'm a sister, not a brother. :coolsis:

Comment

May Allah grant you sabr, it's sad I know but it's a reality. I really feel for you converts; may Allah make all your parents accept Islam ameen.
              ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
              Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

inna lillahi wa'inna ileyhi raji'oon. Indeed she would always live in our prayers, insha'Allah. It is the decision of Allah (swt) that this day has to come in everyone's life. We don't have any words to express our grief. We wish if it were possible for us to say or do anything that could have consoled your heart, but only Allah (swt) can bless satisfaction to a heart that goes through such difficulties. May Allah (swt) bless you and your family with the strength to be able to go through this tough time of your life.

Even though only the person going through a certain situation realizes the intensity of it (no one else can feel or understand it), still it is our duty because of our Islamic relationship that we may convey to each other what we sincerely feel in terms of the teachings of the Prophet (saw), so that we may not unintentionally make any mistake that might lead to regret in future. She was a trust of Allah (swt) and HE has the right to take away anything from us any time, any way, because actually it all belongs to HIM. Though it apparently doesn't seem to be so (after such incidents), but actually life starts to move on and soon we shall all meet in heaven with our departed ones (insha'Allah). We all know that only our good deeds and sincere prayers give pleasure to their soul. If we don't take care of our health, then it would hurt the soul of our beloved one, which we would never want.

The prophet (saw) advised us to maintain our self control in such situations through remembrance of Allah (swt), as our dear ones need our responsible shoulders to cry on. Our stability (by the grace of Allah swt) would support and encourage them (to not lose hope) and make sure no one among us unintentionally say anything that might make Allah (swt) unhappy with us. Having said all the above, it is indeed close to impossible to control ourselves. But the truth is that Allah consoled us by saying that HE doesn't put a burden on a heart that is beyond its endurance. In my humble understanding, what I have learned from the scholars, the best way would be to hide our tears from people and let them out while alone in our room and in sajda in front of our Allah swt, because only that would help in providing stability to our heart. Whenever we feel like crying, let us cry in sajda infront of Allah (swt) when alone and beg HIM to have mercy on her soul, to make her grave a part of Jannah, to give her a place in jannat-ul-firdos, to protect her from azaab of qabr, to forgive her sins and accept her good deeds, because such prayers would be the best utilization of venting the storm of our emotions as it would help the departed soul more than anything else. You are very lucky that she was happy and proud of you when she left. Even though the devil might try to deceive us with negative thoughts, but the truth is that the time of serving her is NOT yet over, it would be over after you join her in the grave yard, but uptill that time, it is our best aportunity to prove to her through our sincere prayers and sadaqa, that we would be the best source of help for her (by the grace and mercy of Allah swt) during her journey of the life hereafter. Every single darood shareef that we recite for her in our spare time would inshaAllah reach her and benefit her and she would proudly tell the people of the life hereafter, "My son/daughter loves me so much that s/he didn't even forget a single day sending me loads of gifts that makes my life of hereafter easy" She hasn't left you, she is always with you no matter where you are, in your heart. It is just that we don't feel them physically but our spirits do meet the departed ones in dreams, specially after they recieve blessings in the form of our prayers.

May Allah (swt) bless you and your family with all the blessings of this life and hereafter
                Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Salam Alaykoum,
                  Sorry for your loss brother.Be strong and keep in mind that we will all leave this world one day. May Allah bless you and your family, Ameen.
                  Peace

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X