Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mother passed away

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My mother passed away

    Assalamu aleykum too all of you.

    Earlier this morning my mother passed away. She was very ill with lung cancer, but she passed calmly without pain.

    I don't really know what I am supposed to do, since my mother was not a Muslim (she was catholic). Am I supposed to make some kind of dua, or something else?

    I have no idea how this works...

    Also, how do you deal with something like this, I mean, islamically, so to speak..

    Jazakallah Khair in advance..
    I understand why my name might confuse you but still, I'm a sister, not a brother. :coolsis:

  • #2
    Re: My mother passed away

    Originally posted by *Jael* View Post
    Assalamu aleykum too all of you.

    Earlier this morning my mother passed away. She was very ill with lung cancer, but she passed calmly without pain.

    I don't really know what I am supposed to do, since my mother was not a Muslim (she was catholic). Am I supposed to make some kind of dua, or something else?

    I have no idea how this works...

    Also, how do you deal with something like this, I mean, islamically, so to speak..

    Jazakallah Khair in advance..
    Wa Alaikum Salaam Akhi,

    if you Mother Died as a Non-Muslim, than it is not permissible for you to make Dua for her, because Allah ta'ala states that he will not Forgive such people in the Quran.

    Al-Quran, Surah Baqarah, Chapter 2
    -----------------------------------
    Ayah 161 : Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is Allah's curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind;

    Ayah 162 : They will abide therein: Their penalty will not be lightened, nor will respite be their (lot).

    :jkk:
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My mother passed away

      Originally posted by *Jael* View Post
      Assalamu aleykum too all of you.

      Earlier this morning my mother passed away. She was very ill with lung cancer, but she passed calmly without pain.

      I don't really know what I am supposed to do, since my mother was not a Muslim (she was catholic). Am I supposed to make some kind of dua, or something else?

      I have no idea how this works...

      Also, how do you deal with something like this, I mean, islamically, so to speak..

      Jazakallah Khair in advance..
      :wswrwb:


      Allah give u strength amin, my family are also not muslim, the way i deal with loosing ppl close to me is by reminding myself that everyone has his chance in life to do as he /she chooses, to seek out the truth about who is God,and whether to worship Him or not, it was their choice.

      ultimately Allah knows best the state of the persons belief at the time of death, and some may be of those who beleived in Allah, but had not heard of islam,and they will be tested and Allah will judge them accordingly.

      i make duaa that Allah ta ala have mercy on all those who died on fitrah ( that is they believed in Allah but the message of islam had not reached them ) from my family and those not of my family, and for all the muslims who have ever died. insha Allah that duaa will benefit someone, maybe u could do something similar.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

      The Prophet :saw: said:

      "Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

      muslim

      Narrated 'Abdullah:

      The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari


      "Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

      By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

      [Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My mother passed away

        Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
        :wswrwb:

        i make duaa that Allah ta ala have mercy on all those who died on fitrah ( that is they believed in Allah but the message of islam had not reached them ) from my family and those not of my family, and for all the muslims who have ever died. insha Allah that duaa will benefit someone, maybe u could do something similar.
        :wswrwb:

        Ameen

        My heart goes out to you sis. Keep strong and make constant du3a to Allah that He strengthens your imaan and patience.

        :(
        Last edited by Sam_87; 15-12-11, 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling, shame on me
        Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My mother passed away

          :wswrwb:

          Really sorry to hear about our loss :( a mother is a mother at the end of the day whether she is Muslim or non Muslim. May Allah give you strength and sabr. Ameen. I agree with sister Asiya's post and inshaAllah it will console you even a little.
          *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My mother passed away

            salaams to all

            yes, were not allowed to make duah for the forgiveness of any non muslim once they have passed away.

            what we can & should be doing is:
            making duah for their hidaayah while they are alive
            displaying good akhlaaq/character towards them
            inviting them to islam

            may Allah ta'ala grant you sabr.

            and allah ta'ala knows best
            jazakallah
            Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
            very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My mother passed away

              SubhanAllaah :(

              I feel your Pain may Allaah make it easy for you ameen.
              And He found you lost and guided you,
              ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

              Salaah Reminders

              Guide us to the straight pain.
              " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
              ~ Quran 1:6 ~

              الله أعلم

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My mother passed away

                this.
                Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                :wswrwb:


                Allah give u strength amin, my family are also not muslim, the way i deal with loosing ppl close to me is by reminding myself that everyone has his chance in life to do as he /she chooses, to seek out the truth about who is God,and whether to worship Him or not, it was their choice.

                ultimately Allah knows best the state of the persons belief at the time of death, and some may be of those who beleived in Allah, but had not heard of islam,and they will be tested and Allah will judge them accordingly.

                i make duaa that Allah ta ala have mercy on all those who died on fitrah ( that is they believed in Allah but the message of islam had not reached them ) from my family and those not of my family, and for all the muslims who have ever died. insha Allah that duaa will benefit someone, maybe u could do something similar.

                Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My mother passed away

                  Originally posted by *Jael* View Post
                  Assalamu aleykum too all of you.

                  Earlier this morning my mother passed away. She was very ill with lung cancer, but she passed calmly without pain.

                  I don't really know what I am supposed to do, since my mother was not a Muslim (she was catholic). Am I supposed to make some kind of dua, or something else?

                  I have no idea how this works...

                  Also, how do you deal with something like this, I mean, islamically, so to speak..

                  Jazakallah Khair in advance..
                  Sorry for your loss.
                  You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

                  ~Ibn Al-Jawzee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My mother passed away

                    May Allah ease this time for you. I'm sorry for your loss.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My mother passed away

                      I'm sorry for your loss bro. Keep strong and steadfast and we are all here for you. :)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My mother passed away

                        Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                        Wa Alaikum Salaam Akhi,

                        if you Mother Died as a Non-Muslim, than it is not permissible for you to make Dua for her, because Allah ta'ala states that he will not Forgive such people in the Quran.

                        Al-Quran, Surah Baqarah, Chapter 2
                        -----------------------------------
                        Ayah 161 : Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is Allah's curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind;

                        Ayah 162 : They will abide therein: Their penalty will not be lightened, nor will respite be their (lot).

                        :jkk:
                        you may have good intentions, but I think you could have been more sensitive with a simple "no" instead of telling one who has just hours ago lost his mother this.
                        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

                        You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My mother passed away

                          Ina lillahi wa ina ilayhi raji'oon

                          May Allah grant you patience and make this hardship a source of great blessings for you, ameen. You can make dua for yourself, for Allah to help you and you can use this time of harship to come closer to Him.

                          I hope you can find reassurance in this Hadith:

                          Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “Allah, the Exalted, says: ‘I have no reward other than Jannah for a believing slave of Mine who remains patient for My sake when I take away his beloved one from among the inhabitants of the world”.
                          [Al-Bukhari].

                          I know it's not easy, but it's either hardship in this world or hardship in the next. Keep strong sister, you can do it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My mother passed away

                            May Allah grante her jannah

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My mother passed away

                              Thank you for your answers and support. There was useful advice. Jazakallah khair.

                              It's a hard time but Allah (swt) knows best after all..
                              I understand why my name might confuse you but still, I'm a sister, not a brother. :coolsis:

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X