Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting a friend

Salam,
    I have a friend who is really interested in religious topics and likes to debate about them
    I'm trying to convert him to Islam
    I showed him this 9 minute lecture from Dr Zakir Naik about whether God exists from the islamic viewpoint
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2s14T6x5AM

I am then going to show another lectue from Dr Zakir Naik where he explains that Jesus is not son of god and that muslims are more christians then christians and the questioner converts at the end
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S_A9ERJWN0

I am then going to show him the illustrated (and expensive) detailed book "A brief illustrated guide to understanding islam"
    which talks about the evidence of islam, the benefits and general info using things like science and stuff to prove it

When I showed him the first thing he replied 'Thats bloody epic, its not rock hard evidence but really convicining, show me some more stuff"

What else should I do?

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Re: Converting a friend

its not your job to convert people, if he wants material give it to him and make dua for him. If he likes Zakir Naik, send him more material of that
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Walaikum salam

Keep doing what your doin. Find out if he has any questions about Islam. Those you can answer, answer and those you don't know, do research and help him inshallah
      Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

Alhamdulillah that is really good. May Allah swt accept from you and enable him to recognise Islam as the true religion and to embrace it. Ameen.
        The book you mentioned is really good.
        He seems to be sincere and interested. I think you should go with the flow. What you have mentioned above seems sufficient for now. In dawah work it's best to take it easy and not feel under pressure to overload someone with knowledge. Give him the knowledge he wants. Cater for his needs. If he shows great interest in a certain topic give him some literature on it. For example if he was amazed at the solutions in Islam for Social problems get him a book on that. Maybe a book on the biography of Prophet pbuh? The contribution of Muslims to the civilisation.

If you have yet to give him a quran. I recommend the English Quran printed recently by Project Quran. It includes chapters before the Quran itself on The basics of Islam, scientific proof, seerah, women in Islam, how to embrace Islam and much more. Brilliant for non-muslims. The translation is brilliant too.

Comment

Khalid Yasin's Pupose of Life lecture is very good, (Youtube it)

Is your friend athiest? If he is, I find bros like Hamza Andreas Tzortzis or Nouman Ali Khan give very good lectures. If he's Christian, try Yusha Evans or Yusuf Estes
          SPREAD OF EVIL
          ZIONISM
          BOLLYWOOD

Comment

I showed him the book 'A brief illustrated understanding to islam'
            He replied 'Its f***ing epic that all this was in the quran ages ago.'
            He says he is sorta in the borderline between christianity and islam
            Now he calls himself a 'Cislim'
            Christian+Muslim

So it sorta helped a bit but more stuff

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Comment

just keep it basic and try to answer many questions with proper answers no comlicated stuff. leave the lectures for a later date :insha:
              And He found you lost and guided you,
              ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
              " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
              ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X