what do YOU do on Xmas day ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do YOU do on Xmas day ?

Play xbox and switch my phone off; send the wife away to her parents and its just me, modern warfare 3 and some peace and quiet :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kashmir_85 View Post
      Play xbox and switch my phone off; send the wife away to her parents and its just me, modern warfare 3 and some peace and quiet :)
      Sounds very productive :up:

Comment

I'm gonna be making a shopping list for the boxing day/January sales :p

Comment

They close the park, subway, supermarkets for Christmas? :scratch:

Everything is open here... I think. =/ I should check, actually. But I'm sure that almost everything is usually open.

Why'd they close parks and supermarkets for?
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I got married on xmas day.
            https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

InshaAllah to not have to celebrate it.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
              [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Well, as a convert to Islam, I have Christian parents so we're planning on exchanging gifts. I won't be buying them Christmas cards (I never buy cards for any occasion anyway), but I'll probably give them a large amount for a gift card or something.
                Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                  They close the park, subway, supermarkets for Christmas? :scratch:

Everything is open here... I think. =/ I should check, actually. But I'm sure that almost everything is usually open.

Why'd they close parks and supermarkets for?
                  not the parks...
                  tube and supermarkets because all the employees are having the day off for xmas! how can u not know everything is closed, if u live in uk?? lol. or are u not from uk i always thought u were
                  <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Live across the big sea.
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

My area has enough jews and asians that we can find somethings open, also they don't shut down public transit, I don't think. But most of the American grocery stores and unfortunately some of the Muslim stores and restaurants even shut down. This really doesn't affect my life in anyway.
                      Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

awwww I think Ill be the only one making snow angels in the snow then if it snows this year
                        And He found you lost and guided you,
                        ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                        " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                        ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                          We are going to my uncles place for dinner because everyone is free that day. The question is what are we going to do on the 26th and 27th, no work those days!! :D
                          salaams to all

why not go visit other relatives that live much further away?

one whole day to get there
                          spend a day there, sleep over
                          leave the next morn
                          spend the day travelling

and then the holiday is over

if its just a matter of one day, why give it any special attention?
                          spend it like you would any other public holiday.

at least theres no excuses for missing salaah(well some women have)

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                          jazakallah
                          Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                          very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                            Same thing I do everyday,eat sweets,clean.
                            Lol. Me too.
                            Alhumdulillah

Comment

Work like any other day.

Comment

I watch basketball. The best games are on that day. Lockout ends on that day and I am ready to watch the Bulls whomp on the Lakers.
                                Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X