Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting gifts at christmas time from workplace

Salam akaikum.
    I work in a large office building holding 700 people and usually at the end of the year people give gifts to us as thanks for all the help during the year. And people from other companies who have had lots of business from also us send us gifts. Usually sweets etc. In the past have accepted these without a problem but Im not so sure that this is okay. What should i do this year when the gifts start coming in. Should i just pass them on to my colleague or what?
    JazakAllah khair
    Alhumdulillah

Re: Accepting gifts at christmas time from workplace

is it a thank you gift or a xmas gift cos from what u said it sounds like a thank u gift really but Allahu alam..
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

I would eat the sweets if halal. Food is food.

If your year end is December then it may not be 'Christmas' gifts they could just be congratulatory on year end.
      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Please see also question no. 947 and 13642 for more information.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
        http://www.islam-qa.com/en/cat/2021#7430

I thought it was prohibited but I read the above.

Comment

The workplace is the common factor:the gift is at Christmas in Europe,Eid in the Muslim world,Divali in India etc.

Comment

Originally posted by islam lover View Post
            Salam akaikum.
            I work in a large office building holding 700 people and usually at the end of the year people give gifts to us as thanks for all the help during the year. And people from other companies who have had lots of business from also us send us gifts. Usually sweets etc. In the past have accepted these without a problem but Im not so sure that this is okay. What should i do this year when the gifts start coming in. Should i just pass them on to my colleague or what?
            JazakAllah khair
            :wswrwb:

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
            I would eat the sweets if halal. Food is food.
            Yep :)
            'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X