Allah comes down to the sky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Allah comes down to the sky

I was so touched by the Hadiths related to your thread topic. And I started praying Tahajjud regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      Fear Allah you evil one who belies Allah himself. Allah DOES descend HIMSELF.
      Does this mean that Allah is ALWAYS descended, because since the Earth is round, it is ALWAYS the last 3rd of the night somewhere on Earth?

There wouldn't be any time in which He isn't descended then? It is always the last 3rd of the night somewhere or the other on Earth. And if He is ALWAYS descended, He wouldn't need to descend, but actually just stay there.

This is confusing.
      “Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence.”

Comment

Any follow up to my question?
        “Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence.”

Comment

Originally posted by Pikaia View Post
          Who knows nobody knows. It's like physics the faster you move the slower time goes. You perceive time to be constant but it isn't. We are constrained by our perception. The last I read of theoretical physics is that we may be inhabiting a 2D world much like a hologram looks 3D but in reality is just a flat 2D photograph. Your perception is of a round 3D planet. WE are beginning to hit the limits of our intelligence in physics we may never be able to understand the answers...

Getting back on topic could someone please confirm: -
          Would you work out the last third from Magrib to Fajr time?

Amr ibn `Absah claimed that he heard Muhammad saying:

The closest that a servant comes to his Lord is during the middle of the latter portion of the night. If you can be among those who remember Allah the Exalted One at that time, then do so.

— At-Tirmidhi

Does the latter portion mean the middle of the last third?

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
            Fear Allah you evil one who belies Allah himself. Allah DOES descend HIMSELF.
            Does this mean that Allah is ALWAYS descended, because since the Earth is round, it is ALWAYS the last 3rd of the night somewhere on Earth?

There wouldn't be any time in which He isn't descended then? It is always the last 3rd of the night somewhere or the other on Earth. And if He is ALWAYS descended, He wouldn't need to descend, but actually just stay there.

This is confusing.
            This is irrelevant. You don't need to dwelve into it with your human mind. We know Allah is above His throne and also descends in the last part of the night. That's all you need to know.

You are trying to apply laws of our world to Allah. Wrong.
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post
              :inlove: this is one of my fav hadiths..

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven when one-third of the night remains and says: ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer Him? Who will ask of Me, that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, that I may forgive him?’”
              [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

SubhanAllah. Look at the beauty of Allah swt.

The third of the night is an hour/half an hour or so before Fajr salah. You pray 2 rakats or more and ask Allah swt for anything, as the hadith says, look at His response for what you ask Him. Beautiful. Just the thought of Allah swt waiting for us at that time, waiting for us to call out His name!
              Despite being in supposedly authentic hadith books, this hadith is pure nonsense. The Lord does not descend or ascend because He isn't material, he isn't placed in a concrete location. For moving from one place to another you must be INSIDE a framework, and a framework is ALWAYS bigger than who moves inside. This is in great contradiction with "Al-lahu akbar" statementj and with "wa lam yakun lahu kufuan a7ad".

Comment

The brother is right, this has to do with matters of the unseen. it's tawqeefiyyah. We accept as we've heard it. But this might help a little. The concept of time, space, future, present is nothing to Allah (subhanahu wa ta'aala). Allah created time. Allah can decide to descend at once and it'll be the last third of the night in every city (no matter when that might be to us). Time is inconsequential when compared to the majesty of our Rabb. Our Creator. Please endeavour not to delve too much into matters of the unseen. it leads to destruction and kufr. May Allah forgive all our shortcomings

Comment

Working...
                X