Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are women allowed to travel alone? Or do they need a male present?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are women allowed to travel alone? Or do they need a male present?

I really really want to travel the ENTIRE world, but my mum told me that women aren't allowed to travel alone.....I don't know if she is just saying this? Or whether it is true?
    I have asked friends but they have differnt views! And I can't find any evidence! :scratch:

Re: Are women allowed to travel alone? Or do they need a male present?

:salams

Yes, your mother is right.

Can Women Travel Without a Mahram?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Afghani786 View Post
        I really really want to travel the ENTIRE world, but my mum told me that women aren't allowed to travel alone.....I don't know if she is just saying this? Or whether it is true?
        I have asked friends but they have differnt views! And I can't find any evidence! :scratch:
        It is for your safety, that you are not allowed to travel alone.
        صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
        Al-Muslimeen

Comment

For safety reasons, I don't think so.

Perhaps with a group of girls...like large crowd? Or just wait till you get married - you'd have no problem then :up:
          Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

The scholars have stated it is haram for a women to travel alone, others did differ because they though the Ila (cause) of the ruling was danger, however the other scholars proved otherwise with the number of different narrations.

Travelling Alone however is also something the Prophet (saw) discouraged for men even for a day and night,but this is a long discussion on the reasons why etc.

In short, your mums right! Plus it would get boring going all the way around on your own!

Comment

So what would I do? Just not fulfil my dream? And forget about it?
              I really really want to travel THE ENTIRE world!!! How much sin would I get if I did travel the world alone? just a little?

Comment

No, you can travel with your husband. :insha:

Plus, we shouldn't look at how big or small our sins are. Sinning is sinning, it is disobeying Allah and that's big enough for us to to not do that. True believers are those who hear whatever Allah and His Messenger :saw: has said, and they obey.

If Allah has written it for you to travel the world, then you wil ldo so and no one can stop you from doing so.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

I don't really think some guys going to want to go travelling across the world! But yess I would LOVE to go with my husband!

And I want to go travelling AS SOON as I finish uni so in abwt 2/3yrs, BUT dnt want to get married THAT soon? So would I just hv to get married for the sake of travelling?

Yess true say, a sin is sin!

Comment

No, don't get married for the sake of travelling...

Just pray that somehow, Allah makes a halal way for you.

I think it's a bit early for you to be worrying about these things.

Comment

Ohh yeahhh I never thought about that, dua is the answer to EVERYTHING ty so much!!

Too early to worry about what? Travelling? I just REALLY want to go lol, No one understands! I would go RIGHT now if I had the money!!!
                      And im growing old so I want to do EVERYTHING! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
                        For safety reasons, I don't think so.

Perhaps with a group of girls...like large crowd? Or just wait till you get married - you'd have no problem then :up:
                        I don't think a large group of girls can replace a mehram.

Comment

Originally posted by mu5lima View Post
                          I don't think a large group of girls can replace a mehram.
                          :jkk: amin. we have to travel with a mahram for very good reason.
                          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

lol dno probz have to go with rents haha or take the whole famlam LOL!
                            I dno, I will look into it and ask other ppl with kn. Bcz it is something I defo wna do!

Maybe a groups of girls os okay? They do these errr group holidays right? With girls only?

Comment

Originally posted by Afghani786 View Post
                              lol dno probz have to go with rents haha or take the whole famlam LOL!
                              I dno, I will look into it and ask other ppl with kn. Bcz it is something I defo wna do!

Maybe a groups of girls os okay? They do these errr group holidays right? With girls only?

its not allowed for a muslim women to travel with a group of girls, the prophet :saw: has specifically said its not allowed for us to even travel for a day and a night without a mahram, and it doesnt matter if you have 200 women with you, you cannot go without your husband/brother/father/blood related uncle/grandfather to accompany and protect you.

there is no country in this world you could go to alone, or with your freinds, where you would be safe on the streets alone. Its for your own security, so have patience till Allah sends a way forward for you.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Working...
                              X