Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder

:salams

There are a lot of threads where the OP doesn't start off with a salam. Without sounding so self-righteous, I'd just like to remind everyone to start their threads with a simple salam. It's not that hard, it's sunnah, you'll get rewarded and it encourages peace amongst ourselves. Besides, this is an islamic forum, so no 'hi' 'hello' etc.

I hope we all can take heed on this. :jkk: for reading. :)

Re: Reminder

:wswrwb:

:jkk:

And, replying to salaam is compulsory.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

:jkk:

And, replying to salaam is compulsory.
        Exactly. Wa iyyak

Comment

Greet Your Way to Paradise
          "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
          (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

The reason I don't start threads with Salaam is because the majority don't respond the way they're supposed to (respond).

It's actually to save them from sin when they don't reply, since we know it's obligatory to return the Salaam.
            'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
              The reason I don't start threads with Salaam is because the majority don't respond the way they're supposed to (respond).

It's actually to save them from sin when they don't reply, since we know it's obligatory to return the Salaam.
              Alhamdulilah, that's true as well.
              If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
              There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

We should still do so, just to encourage others to reply. It's rewarded :insha:
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                  Jazakallahu khair.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    We should still do so, just to encourage others to reply. It's rewarded :insha:
                    Exactly and if someone doesn't reply knowing it's obligatory to do so, then the blame is on them. They should know the basics.

Comment

:jkk: for the reminder, I'm one of those ppl who forget on rare occasions! lol
                      Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "Allah the Exalted said: I live in the thought of My servant and I am with him as he remembers Me. When he draws near Me by the span of his hand, I draw near him by the length of a cubit, and when he draws near Me by the length of a cubit, I draw near him by the length of a fathom, and when he draws near Me walking I draw close to him running." (Al-Bukhari)

Comment

Salaam

it's hard to find the Salam & Walaykum as Salaam image/ smiley . Can any Mod put these at the top of the list ? Thanks.

Comment

Walikumn Assalaam

i thught it was sunnah to give :salam not Fardh :scratch:
                          And He found you lost and guided you,
                          ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                          " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                          ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                            Walikumn Assalaam

It's sunnah to initiate the salaam, but if someone greets you with it then it's fard to reply.
                            "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                            (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                              Walikumn Assalaam

It's obligatory to respond to the greeting :

"When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return."
                              (4:86)
                              'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X