The Islamic Definition of Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Islamic Definition of Children

Allah has commanded all children to be respectful to their parents (child is not defined by being young, even an old man is still his parents child).

Woe to the person who lives this life and does not attain jannah by service to his parents.

adult men are always indebted to taking care of their parents,
    adult women are NOT, their primary responsibility is to her husband

the child has rights too, the first right, even before that child is born, is that the father should marry a righteous woman
    the child has the right to be fed and clothed
    and the child has the right to be taught islam.............this is not negotiable or relative. teaching your child to be a doctor or a lawyer without teaching them their islam is doing that child a disservice and you will be held accountable for denying them their right

the child has a right be nursed, not baby formula, but nursing with the milk that Allah has created for that child, if a child is not breast fed, that child has been denied a right that he will claim on the day of judgment
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

In the Quran it says that there is no sin on weaning if the parents agree. What does this refer to?

How long is it fardh for? Is it still fardh if before that time the woman is pregnant again? If a woman decides to express is it the same reward? If she knows expressing may reduce the time she is able to produce milk is it haram? Is it haram to use pain killers during labour that may or may not effect the babies ability to bf? If a baby self seams then what?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Re: The Islamic Definition of Children

^I think you'd need a learned person for those questions.

Just to add the AbuM's post.

The child has a right to be given a good name. Naming your son Xavier and then complaining he ain't a Maulvi isn't very smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Suleiman View Post
        ^I think you'd need a learned person for those questions.

Just to add the AbuM's post.

The child has a right to be given a good name. Naming your son Xavier and then complaining he ain't a Maulvi isn't very smart.
        yes akhi, this is not a legal thread, it is a thread for everyone to contribute what they KNOW islam teaches us about our rights and responsibilities

it seems that muslims are unaware of many aspects of their islam

and you are correct, giving your child a good name was commanded by the prophet (though today, i keep hearing there is no such thing as a muslim name)
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

i know in the Quran it says that there is no sin if the parents agree to weaning, so how can not breastfeeding be denying a right?

it doesnt make sense. i am trying to find the sense.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
          (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
            i know in the Quran it says that there is no sin if the parents agree to weaning, so how can not breastfeeding be denying a right?

it doesnt make sense. i am trying to find the sense.
            weaning when and how long, but you are to nurse about 18 months or so, according to what i remember

and the weaning should be agreed upon, not that either unilaterally stops the weaning

what is not making sense?
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X