The Islamic Definition of Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Islamic Definition of Men

Men...........o Men, you think you got it easy because you can LORD over women? it aint so

as a matter of fact, your responsibility is a thousand times more important and more accountable than women

men are responsible for learning this deen and teaching it to their family, men are the maintainers and protectors of women and children

a woman came to the prophet and she said, the men do jihad, they go to the masjid, they give in sadaqa, they work and earn sustenance, what can the women do? the prophet complimented her on such a fine question and said if a woman makes her salat, obeys her husband and fasts for ramadan, she is allowed thru any of the 8 gates of jannah

point being, men are out there doing it all

the prophet said to men, the best of men is he who treats his wives the best. we are commanded to be kind to the women, even overlook their faults and frailties

when riding, the prophet told the companions to be careful and not ride to rough, there was glass (women) as passengers.

back to men, if anything is not being done in this ummah, it is not the fault of the women, the children, not even of the kuffar, it is of the men not leading as Allah has commanded.

men are commanded to leave off work on jumua, wear the beards, and even be a help around the house
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: The Islamic Definition of Men

:jkk:
    like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.
    [Al-Hadid, 20]

Comment

:) nice :jkk:
      أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

:salams

Sadly, men are putting the blame on the womenfolk.

May Allah allow us to follow on the footstep of the Prophet :saw: and the Companions (RA) and the righteous predecessors (RA).

:jkk: for the reminder.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

men can TRY to put the blame on women, but on the day of judgement, their wives and children will fault them for everything they did and did not do

as imam, you are solely responsible for the direction of your family, the education of your family, the maintenance of the family.

working 24hrs a day is not soley the man's job, he is also a nurturer, showing affection to his children, being a role model for both his boys and girls. showing by example, not by barking orders. He is to be an example of wisdom. the embodiment of islam within the home. his children and wives will look at him as the example of a muslim and they will take that example to their children

so if a man teaches his children wrong or omits important issues, each subsequent generation that followed his example, he will be responsible for that

men want to beat their chest that they are leaders, and leaders they are, but they are also required to match with actions
          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Good point.

In fact, just today I heard our Sheikh say the father is the "Lord of the Family"; in Arabic, Lord is equivalent to the word Rabb. Rabb doesn't mean Allah, it literally means nourish(er).

So, Allah is the Rabb of Aalameen. Similarly, father is the Rabb of the family.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Sorry if I sound cynical brother, but you gave an explanation of men, not a definition.

I'm a bit tired or I'd look it up the exact words for you of Khalid bin Walid RA defining a real man.

If anyone is aware of it they can go ahead and post it or I'll post up the definition later InshAlla

Comment

:salams

in islam men have a tougher deal than women. We are all equal but have different roles in society to fulfil.

One day, we men will be asked about how we led our family in islam.

We will be held accountable for our responsibilities, just like women are.

Alhamdulillah I have a wife who understands the pressure we men have in islam. Everyday we ask each other for forgiveness incase we did not do a good enough job in each others responsibilities towards each other.

Advice for men out there with wives:

Dont look at what your wife should be doing for you, but look at what you should be doing for your wife and children. Remember, this world is short, and one day you will stand in front of Allah SWT to answer for your responsibilities, not your wife's.
                Oh Allah, please make my best day the Day I meet You to answer for my sins, and please have mercy on the believers on the Day our deeds will be judged

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X