Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Teachers? Job Application/Exec Summaries info

Salaam,

I know there are a few teachers trailing about on the forum, so if you have any advice on the following I would really appreciate it.

I have been on TES and reading all about 'getting that interview', I just really need to get to that stage so I can (hopefully) wow them inshallah, but I am finding the initial application process really difficult. Having filled in many over and over again, making it specific to each school and then not hearing back...is just too disheartening and I am just doubting everything I write.

Anyway, so I read that writing an 'executive summary' is the key and really important. However, when I search in google nothing comes up. So, how many of you teachers have used/heard of one? and if you do have an example please please share. On tes there is one for a senior position but it is not relevant to a classroom post.

I just want to know roughly, what kind of headings to use? my own experience I can write myself, but just stumped on which areas to target? btw yes I have been searching the TES forums but not much help there.
    "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
    Friends of Al Aqsa

Re: Any Teachers? Job Application/Exec Summaries info

Ws sis,

I've never written an executive summary...have you tried asking agencies that you are signed up to to give you the relevant details...
    I'm assuming it's like a cover letter but only highlights your main areas of expertise and your unique selling points...

You could just bullet point your summary on a sheet before and attach to your cover letter...

Comment

Thanks for your response.

There's a huge surplus of newly trained teachers and not enough jobs so huge competition. Exec summaries are being encouraged because out of a pile of 90 application forms it's easier for the school to see the main points in an applicant and apparently if you don't do one some schools are just tossing the applications.

To be honest the whole job market in education is just ridiculous at the moment, too many teachers and not enough positions to fill.

what you've said sounds similar like a succinct summary but it has to be specific to the school's job description. This is where I'm struggling really, what headings to put my qualities under.
      "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
      Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Let me see if I can find you something...

take a look at the spec and pick out key words such as planning, behaviour management, extra curricular activities, etc...I've posted something... please check xxx
        Last edited by lonerider; 16-11-11, 08:38 PM.

Comment

As the above poster said, read the job specification and directly address them in your letter of application. They have heaps of applications to get through sometimes, so they don't bother reading ramblings. Keep it short and straight to the point. Some people actually ring the school up to ask them what they're specifically looking for. Don't get disheartened by it, there are many in the same boat as you, it doesn't mean that your not good enough. Its just pot luck sometimes. Try and get into a school through supply if you can, many people are getting jobs like this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerricho View Post
            As the above poster said, read the job specification and directly address them in your letter of application. They have heaps of applications to get through sometimes, so they don't bother reading ramblings. Keep it short and straight to the point. Some people actually ring the school up to ask them what they're specifically looking for. Don't get disheartened by it, there are many in the same boat as you, it doesn't mean that your not good enough. Its just pot luck sometimes. Try and get into a school through supply if you can, many people are getting jobs like this too.
            thanks for your response. even supply is so dead at the moment! I rang one of my agencies the other day and they were saying a lot of school's are just using their own teachers as much as they can or using cheaper cover supervisors, who are not even teachers! it's all about money at the moment.
            Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

so, when you teach do you wear the niqab?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X