Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .mirror.
    replied
    Re: Correction for mistakes in Salah????

Originally posted by Vitriolic_Sage View Post
    3. The method of making the forgetfulness prostration is that in the last rakaat the person should recite the at-tahiyyaat only and thereafter make salaam towards the right only and thereafter make two sajdahs. He should then repeat the at-tahiyyaat and thereafter recite the durood, dua, make salaam to both sides and thereby complete his prayer.

thats teh dua i was talking about. not sure if its called "qunoot" or not.
    That's correct.

As for Dua'a, it's just called Dua'a and one can read any Dua'a from the Quran.

Wallahu Alam.

Leave a comment:

• Soliloquy
    replied

The above website is not according to the Hanafi madhab, here's a link to a PDF copy of Taleemul Haq. This book explains simply the basic Fiqh topics according to the Hanafi madhab - learning the section on Salaah will really help.

Btw, Du'a Qunoot is recited standing up and after the takbeer in the third raka'ah as Al-Farooq stated.

Leave a comment:

• inprogress
    replied

Here's a chart of how to preform the sujood as sahw in carious situations according to Dr Saleh Saleh

http://understand-islam.net/site/ind...per&Itemid=164

Leave a comment:

• Al-Farooq
    replied

Yeah, that makes sense now...I'm not sure if that's called qunoot, though....I'm pretty sure qunoot refers to a du'aa said while standing during the prayer, but I'm not 100%.

I've always just called them optional du'aas e.g. rabbana atina fid-dunya hasanatun...etc.

Allah knows best.

Leave a comment:

• Vitriolic_Sage
    replied

Originally posted by Al-Farooq View Post
    The du'aa qunoot is read while standing, not sitting down, after coming up from ruku' in the third rakah.

When you say 'corrections', are you asking how to perform sajdah as-sahw (the prostration of forgetfulness)?

If so, have a read of this (it's a hanafi site): http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/sajdasahw.htm
    3. The method of making the forgetfulness prostration is that in the last rakaat the person should recite the at-tahiyyaat only and thereafter make salaam towards the right only and thereafter make two sajdahs. He should then repeat the at-tahiyyaat and thereafter recite the durood, dua, make salaam to both sides and thereby complete his prayer.

thats teh dua i was talking about. not sure if its called "qunoot" or not.

Leave a comment:

• Vitriolic_Sage
    replied

sorry...by qunoot i meant the optional thing people read after the durud right before the end of the prayer. and thansk for the links.

Leave a comment:

• Al-Farooq
    replied

I'm a bit confused as to the precise ruling of how to make corrections for a mistake in salaah.

Does one perform sajdah at the very end of the dua qunoot while sitting down? And then after sajdah can one say salaam to the right and left immediately after and end the prayer, or do you have to say the attahiyyat and durud and qunoot all over again?

I'm from Hanafi madhab, btw.
    The du'aa qunoot is read while standing, not sitting down, after coming up from ruku' in the third rakah.

When you say 'corrections', are you asking how to perform sajdah as-sahw (the prostration of forgetfulness)?

If so, have a read of this (it's a hanafi site): http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/sajdasahw.htm

Leave a comment:

• Peacenik
    replied

I'm a bit confused as to the precise ruling of how to make corrections for a mistake in salaah.

Does one perform sajdah at the very end of the dua qunoot while sitting down? And then after sajdah can one say salaam to the right and left immediately after and end the prayer, or do you have to say the attahiyyat and durud and qunoot all over again?

In Hanafi Fiqh, the Dua Qunoot is read in the Witr prayer (within Isha).

Not sure how that fits in with 'mistakes' in general Salaat.

Leave a comment:

• Vitriolic_Sage
    started a topic Correction for mistakes in Salah????

Correction for mistakes in Salah????

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X